Subvert Central

Full Version: Bluntboy - Detritus (120bpm experimental business)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NEW TUNE - Detritus

http://www.jhills.dsl.pipex.com/Detritus.mp3

Me playing the acoustic and electric guitar, lots of 'found sounds', including Tubes, buses, coke cans, bottles, keys, Minidisc motors, washing machine, mobile phone static noises, cutlery holders, a door squeaking, a vacuum cleaner, various scrapes, some ambience recorded at Brent Cross shopping centre, along with some breaks action. oh and me, er, chanting (I guess you could call it that).

all at a wonderfully accessible 120bpm
nabbing this Xyxthumbs
On the pinch.........
this is very very nice indeed. love it when it drops out at about 2:10 or so - not that i don't like the guitar part Smile

i think the guitar could be set back a little more, it doesn't quiiiiite gel with the rest of the mix. sounds a bit 'man in bedroom room with guitar and mic', whereas the rest is very spacious. i think it's just a matter of more reverb and turning it down a fraction.

but then i am on my work pc speakers, so this could all be bollocks.

fucking lovely tune though man - really like your stuff jules Wave
Macc Wrote:On the pinch.........

Oops I first read that as'one inch punch' Hahaha
Cheers Macc.

I've been umming and aahing over whether to put more reverb on the guitar. Kinda wanted it to have a 'natural' feel but didn't want it to sound too crummy in the mix. Will have play around with it.
Somewhere between.

Doesn't need to be 80's Paul Simon style 50 year long decay-verb..... Just back in the mix a little and blended a touch better with all the other (gorgeous) elements.

As I say though - work PC speakers Neutral I do know them pretty well now though.

I can't hear sub bass, but my desk shakes a little when it's right Grin