Subvert Central

Full Version: dubstep: reform - careless dub
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
noice
Sounds nice man!

Not into it in the slightest, but it sounds nice Grin

Only thing is in the second half there's a (much) lower bass note and the upper part almost disappears, just for that not - I suspect it's ACID's pitching struggling with it maybe?
Macc Wrote:Sounds nice man!

Not into it in the slightest, but it sounds nice Grin

Only thing is in the second half there's a (much) lower bass note and the upper part almost disappears, just for that not - I suspect it's ACID's pitching struggling with it maybe?

the bass is just a z3ta patch so i'll have to do some resamply jazz to stop it doing that. i was in a very 'get on with it' frame of mind and i couldnt think of an interesting bassline so its just filler really. Grin
Oh righty Smile I thought you'd done the resamply jazz Oops

Sure it ain't the key tracking? :semiteef:
Macc Wrote:Oh righty Smile I thought you'd done the resamply jazz Oops

Sure it ain't the key tracking? :semiteef:

yeah might be. i was trying to stop myself fiddling so i probably left that set to something stoopid. Oops

the general concensus is that the bass should be rougher and more subby. so im gonna get rid of the mid shite and see wot i can do with it. i wanted something more GRRRRAWWWWNK. but i couldnt be assed to build a sound from scratch so i just got the essentials in place first and slapped a lazy wubwub on. Lol

djfada

not my cup of tea but sounds nicely produced that kits sounds a bit cheap tho sort of lets the rest down a bit
djfada Wrote:that kits sounds a bit cheap tho sort of lets the rest down a bit

the drums you mean?

well, i was trying to keep the snare/clap clipped real short to play off against the longer hits. thing is, the short hits need some gating/reverb cos they sound too dry (cheap?) otherwise. Smile

of course theyre not a kit at all. just random sound fx off TOTAL DRUM AND BASS ghuy. Lol
Sounds nice man, well produced but i'm also not into it much

Smile

djfada

yeh it was the overall dryness of the drums to be honest definetly need a little verb mayb warming up slightly with some tube something like that
i dig this. quite like the drumwork.

the bass i dont like. fix up! Teef
just the sound basically, the melody is alright, maybe needs a bit more noodling?

djfada

yeh exactly it sounds good overall its just the sounds youve used need reworking and itll be a great track
gave it a quick bosh over the weekend. replaced the bassline with a subbier thing. am gonna try and do a more dancefloor wobbler bassline remix too. Smile

http://rapidshare.com/files/21673808/Ref...2.mp3.html
batfink Wrote:gave it a quick bosh

Hahaha

djfada

:mutley: youll go blind young man