Subvert Central

Full Version: Fada-C groove
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

djfada

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gtbgl5

not posted owt for a bit, heres the latest thing ive got finished
this one is fucking sick!!!! by far the best one i have heard from you. the drums work is just great. and i love the bass line there isnt really anything i can critique i think this one could get singed easy.

i have a show next week. do you have any problems with me playing it out?

djfada

nah man thatd be great play away Smile

everythings undeclared tho, so you know the score Xyxthumbs
gettink noo Wave
yeah man, good work Smile

i like the pattern a lot! there's just one or two hits that need a bit of tightening up to make sure the pattern is perfectly explicit, if you get me... a pattrn that 'mad' (good though!) needs to be on the fookin money and only one or two hits confuse matters a little. that's me being proper anal though :d

the bass it a bit loud when it comes up, maybe tip the balance in favour of the low end and watch them mids a bit. also watch the first harmonic or two as they're messing with the kick a little.

the big thing is that there's a number of pretty bad clicks in here - it's possibly the bass file that you've chopped up or something. see 5mins 37s (and 200ms ) - that's a pretty bad click.

you've got quite a lot of headroom going spare by the way - is this straight out of the sequencer, or have to done stuff to it after?

blah blah blah sorry... good tune, though the bass is a little much for me personally Smile

love the voice sample in the middle Falcon love it!

djfada

Smile

thanks man

the clicking you mention Chin im sure that happened in the mixdown somehow, probally my shitty compression, as for it being cos i chopped the bass up, the bass is straight outta rop papen blue no sampler used Baffled, i can hear what you mean tho

its not straight outta the seqeuncer either, i bounced everything then did the mixdown with all the bounced wavs, (tried to make sure nothing clipped ,but maybe somethings a gwarn there)

i did attempt to do some mastering on it aswell Oops some multiband comp (linmb) and some l3, actually mighnt have been the blue tubes brickwall i used Baffled Lol

good candidate for bobs mastering i reckon Wink
Why MB comp?

How did you use it? Smile

It might or might not be the bass clicking - I'd look at the files and see what gets cut that thos bar lines, and apply tiny fades in and out around the cut.

djfada

macc Wrote:why mb comp?

how did you use it? Smile

simply because i read somewhere its a good comp to use on your mastering chain,

basically i seletcted the multi electro mastering preset, let the song play all the way through, then set thresholds to peaks, set gain makeup to auto, pull master threshold down till dynamics are in the middle of the blue thing, adjusted master attck slightly till the low bands stabalised a bit and then adjusted the master release till the low bands are nearly horizontal, admitedly i got all this from an onlione mastering tutorial Neutral

macc Wrote:it might or might not be the bass clicking - i'd look at the files and see what gets cut that thos bar lines, and apply tiny fades in and out around the cut.

ive a feeling it could be the kick, Chin fuck knows tho Baffled
Quote:simply because i read somewhere its a good comp to use on your mastering chain

Hahaha Ok.

'Can be' a god thing. Can be bloody awful.

Quote:let the song play all the way through, then set thresholds to peaks

some good advice here

Quote:set gain makeup to auto, pull master threshold down till dynamics are in the middle of the blue thing

Any idea what gain reduction that was?

Quote:adjusted master attck slightly till the low bands stabalised a bit and then adjusted the master release till the low bands are nearly horizontal, admitedly i got all this from an onlione mastering tutorial Neutral

Nearly horizontal Grin

It's a useful guide, the dynamic line, but, well, it isn;t your ears and it is subject to latency, imprecision etc etc...

Did you bypass the thing plenty to see if it actually improved matters? Smile

I've always found MB comp kills punch. It got to the stage where I was setting all the attacks so long (especially in the mid range) as to make the whole deal virtually pointless... and I still preferred the sound without it.

Just my 2c - I just prefer to treat each thing in the mix to avoid using it... MB comp can fuck with punch and mix balance so much, even at seemingly moderate settings. Bypass bypass bypass Grin

I might go back and have another fiddle with it with the bit more experience I have (not used it for at least a year) and see...

Anyway... Oops

djfada

think im gonna do a remix ( proper remix, not re edit Wink )

ive done one on another song recently using a urs comp instead of the linmb and that did sound a lot better actually

allthough maybe i should just get the mixdown sounding swish and then just fucking leave the master, cos im just clutching at straws with the mastering
funky fresh fada fatness f'real.Yes

i like the bass, but cos of the sound of it, im not feeling the long droney notes. the worbworbedworbness bits sounds zing, so mo' worbs. i say.
cube Wrote:funky fresh fada fatness f'real.Yes

i like the bass, but cos of the sound of it, im not feeling the long droney notes. the worbworbedworbness bits sounds zing, so mo' worbs. i say.

that is exactly what i was thinking Smile

djfada

its funny you mention, half of the people whove heard it like it for the long droney bass, others dislike it for that reason, Chin it was my intention to make 99% of the bass edits from lfos and other mods aswell, suppose i could get in there and funks with it a bit more Twisted
If you like it then leave it in. It is a matter of taste Smile

djfada

it debatable if i went back in to edit the bass if id ruin it or not, id probally overdo it a bit, this tune started off at half the tempo aswell, how it drops out near the end to halftime is a lot more like the original i did, just a little funky fada trivia for ya haha
Sounds nice. I think the bass does move too much. I'd say keep it like it is in the intro, moves around far too much at the end. You could use a hipassed version of it to do the mad stuff at the so as to keep the bline running.

Will need to give it more of a listen than on one earphone at work, sneaking a quick listen while management aren't about Wink

djfada

wilshy Wrote:sneaking a quick wank while management aren't about Wink

Icon_eek

Teef

djfada

done a new mixdown for this track and changed the name aswell

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rwqv7a