Subvert Central

Full Version: that photek break
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
i like that it is mysterious. and with so many unused breaks out there too, it doesn't help anyone to reveal where this specific one came from; it just ruins the mystery.
sorry, i know that's not what you want to hear :P
tvg Wrote:i like that it is mysterious. And with so many unused breaks out there too, it doesn't help anyone to reveal where this specific one came from; it just ruins the mystery.
Sorry, i know that's not what you want to hear Icon_razz

:d
take it to the grave
TVG Wrote:i like that it is mysterious. and with so many unused breaks out there too, it doesn't help anyone to reveal where this specific one came from; it just ruins the mystery.
sorry, i know that's not what you want to hear :P

I can't sleep Grin
snaper Wrote:I can't sleep Grin

Put some photek on, you'll drift straight off Teef
markgabba Wrote:
snaper Wrote:I can't sleep Grin

Put some photek on, you'll drift straight off Teef
The full discography is on my iphone...
four pages to go Hahaha
Okay.

I wont give up. I need the source. Do not ask why...I just have to know.

So.

If we can't find the source, lets go backwards : start with the processed break.
Let's take a closer look to the tune, Smoke Rings.

There is 2 breaks. 1 break processed to f*ck, and the original one. (I've just cut them directly from the tune.)

"original" (or less processed version, added some extra hihats) :
http://www.neurosense.eu/user/snaper/original01.aif

...and the processed one (I am 100% shore, that Photek used a lot of timestreetch or pitch shift or something like these...(maybe ring modulation or frequency shifting...) or all of them...) :
http://www.neurosense.eu/user/snaper/original02.aif

Okay, okay.
I just chop-up the "original" to get the similar roll, what you can hear on the processed one. (And add some time-pitch-shift combo.)
http://www.neurosense.eu/user/snaper/cut003.aif

It is not so good, because I think Photek added some extra hihats to the original break. Without them would be really cool Grin

By the way.
Fracture sad, that this one is from a 33 1/3 rpm LP, but you can hear it, when its on 45...
...so if we slow down the "original", unprocessed version of the break, maybe somebody can recognize it...
http://www.neurosense.eu/user/snaper/ori...1_slow.aif

Well...who knows this break? Grin
snaper Wrote:Well...who knows this break? Grin

I'm thinking....

nobody.

but in the meantime, you could chop this pitch this up and combine them...just to hear what it sounds like.

Grin
The Dyke thing is great. I almost forget to check it...maybe there Grin
DJFracture Wrote:Hear it in action here!!

quite like this tune
DJFracture Wrote:I heard the damn record in a shop and didn't buy it because i didn't really think i could use it.

DJFracture Wrote:Hear it in action here!!

Hmm...

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Well, I did not gave up my investigation... I have dig out a tobs of vinyl from 2nd hand stores in hungary and romania.

I have 2 simple questions for you, Fracture. I hope you can answer.

1. Are the monogram of the source artist is : H. B. ?
2. If not, is this 33rpm LP a soundtrack album?

Simple yes/no answers would be enough, thanks in advance!
snaper Wrote:Simple yes/no answers would be enough, thanks in advance!

yes/no

sorry! couldnt resistFauxpas
[Image: stalker-in-the-window.gif]
I am very close to get that break.
But in case, Fracture did not tell my the source, so please do not disturb him with question like that. I understand him.
By the way I wont tell it neither!

Grin
well i've found a break that not even the mighty photek has used! (and probably no-one else for that matter)

Grin
cube Wrote:well i've found a break that not even the mighty photek has used! (and probably no-one else for that matter)

But Photek engineered that release.
Wilshy Wrote:But Photek engineered that release.

Yeah Grin
Thats why wouldnt be helpful to ask Digital himself.
Im afraid that he get that break directly from Photek, when he done the remix for Form And Funktion...

By the way.

Here are some additional infos.

Lot of diggers told me, that this break is from a rare record, from the artist called : Rulon Jones.
Ive asked about this Fracture, but he sad, thats not the record what Im looking for.

Unfortunately that Rulon guy is soooo rare, that cant google anything about it, so I cant checked the tunes of this old black dude...

Damn...

Just give us the record label of that break Fracture Grin
(Btw, Ive got a feeling that this break was hosted on one of the Stax records...)
Snaper we will all be really dissapointed if /when you discover the source you don't share it with us. By following this thread we deserve it Grin
Yap.
I changed my mind Grin
If I can discover that break by myself, I will tell you of course.
If Fracture told me via AIM or on PM, course I wont, cause its his discover.

By the way, Im going to a bit boring of this whole break hunting situation...
I hate that I just DONT KNOW Grin
I think I may have guessed which break it is. If I'm right, it's a well known break and not that mysterious at all.

Woof.

EDIT: About 90% sure I know what the break is. I think it's a break that's been sampled countless times by loads of people in hip hop and all kinds of stuff. People generally don't pitch it up though.

Just sampling the break at 45rpm won't get it to sound the way photek has in the majority of tunes he has used it in though, there must be a little technical shizzle going on there.

Anyway, I'm not gonna say anything - firstly because I could be wrong and I'd want to save myself from the possible embarassment of that, and secondly I could be right and I'm a cruel bastard who enjoys to see snaper go insane as he becomes more and more obsessed.

Woof.
snowy Wrote:I think I may have guessed which break it is. If I'm right, it's a well known break and not that mysterious at all.

Woof.

EDIT: About 90% sure I know what the break is. I think it's a break that's been sampled countless times by loads of people in hip hop and all kinds of stuff. People generally don't pitch it up though.

Just sampling the break at 45rpm won't get it to sound the way photek has in the majority of tunes he has used it in though, there must be a little technical shizzle going on there.

Anyway, I'm not gonna say anything - firstly because I could be wrong and I'd want to save myself from the possible embarassment of that, and secondly I could be right and I'm a cruel bastard who enjoys to see snaper go insane as he becomes more and more obsessed.

Woof.
Grin

Of course it need editing. You have resequence it, and reverse some slice in it to get that "fitchsev" sound Grin
BTW, PM sent Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14