Subvert Central

Full Version: Acoustiks - Event Horizon (Wip)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is something I've been working on this weekend. It has some of those oldschool Jungle atmospheres with hints of drumfunk. I don't have the vocals back yet, but there will be some nice vocals over this.

This is my second attempt at a more drumfunk-esque track. Slayer Acclaim

Click Here

Thanks for your time. Grin
Icon_eek

fucking lovely tune mate!!! pads are heavenly, break is sweet, simple structure - all good Xyxthumbs

really like that sitar note pitching with the pads too.....and now an arpeggio! fresh.

only bit i'd question is the title, which suggested something altogether more horrific for obvious reasons Hahaha really cool mate, impressed!
Loving the pad in the beginning. The drums kicking in sound nice. The sitar is cool. My only irk with the drums is that I can hear definite clicking with some of the drum samples used.

You've done a good job in making the soundscape feel 'full' in a good way, there's a lot of good stuff going on. When the 'crash' part of the drums comes in, it feels a bit unnatural and choppy(in a non-choppage way... wtf am i saying?) It just doesn't feel natural, if you're using so many crashes, I think you should have some variation on the crash sample used so that it sounds more live, multiple crashes rarely work otherwise.

I enjoyed the amen work. The tom fills are used nicely in the other drum break. Not a big fan of the arpeggio used like that, it should be more subtle imo, something to distract the listener to not just going "oh, an arpeggio" in his/her head. Grin

Overall very enjoyable! The clicking on the drums was the thing that bothered me most. Very nice job.
yeah overall it's a nice tune.

big up speak for giving some proper feedback Xyxthumbs
Really feeling this, has a quality vibe to it - taking it to the studio tonight to play on a neutral system to hear properly....first impressions are Xyxthumbs with maybe a touch too much sub, but im on a shite set of cans that im not familiar with so honestly cant really tell
Ok, so the 808s are ok in level - was just the cans I was using. 2 main problems in the mix though, the main break has a few issues either with how youve chopped it, or how youve resampled it, and the clicks that are the artifacts of this are really distracting.
Secondly, the crashes is way too dominant - as SpeaK mentioned, vary them up a bit, and just bring the level down a touch....these two things distract from the overall feel of the tune...

Overall as I said I really dig the vibe of this tune...takes me back Xyxthumbs easy to see where your influences are...
SpeaK Wrote:Loving the pad in the beginning. The drums kicking in sound nice. The sitar is cool. My only irk with the drums is that I can hear definite clicking with some of the drum samples used.

You've done a good job in making the soundscape feel 'full' in a good way, there's a lot of good stuff going on. When the 'crash' part of the drums comes in, it feels a bit unnatural and choppy(in a non-choppage way... wtf am i saying?) It just doesn't feel natural, if you're using so many crashes, I think you should have some variation on the crash sample used so that it sounds more live, multiple crashes rarely work otherwise.

I enjoyed the amen work. The tom fills are used nicely in the other drum break. Not a big fan of the arpeggio used like that, it should be more subtle imo, something to distract the listener to not just going "oh, an arpeggio" in his/her head. Grin

Overall very enjoyable! The clicking on the drums was the thing that bothered me most. Very nice job.

Thanks for the detailed input! I'll see if I can fix the clicking a bit, but I really don't notice it that much. Icon_eek You have a much better ear than I do.

The crash is actually a part of the drum break itself and there is only one in the whole break. All of the crash samples I have garbage. There is not much I can do. I kinda like it like this, but I'll try messing with it some more.

subvert Wrote:Really feeling this, has a quality vibe to it - taking it to the studio tonight to play on a neutral system to hear properly....first impressions are Xyxthumbs with maybe a touch too much sub, but im on a shite set of cans that im not familiar with so honestly cant really tell

Yeah, if you could help monitor the sound for me,that would be great! My monitors are so shitty. I can only judge until like 150Hz.

http://www.samsontech.com/products/produ...rodID=1811

Damn that guy talking me into buying these when I was just starting out! SlayerJig