Subvert Central

Full Version: Deep Purple
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Falcon

that favourite guitarists thread had me thinking and listening to some music i havent heard in ages. while some have grown cheesy over time, deep purple still sound brilliant! they had an amazing sound.

i never owned all of their albums but i remember in the 80s i wore out this (tape Oops) 3x.

[Image: 2763.jpg]
Chin
you contemplating a listen or formulating a value judgment?
when I read deep purple at first I thought Neutral

but then I realised I was thinking about fleetwood mac

then when I actually thought about deep purple I was all Neutral
Hahaha on so many levels mate

Fada Wrote:when I read deep purple at first I thought Neutral

but then I realised I was thinking about fleetwood mac

then when I actually thought about deep purple I was all Neutral

[Image: icon28XX.gif]
MetaLX Wrote:you contemplating a listen or formulating a value judgment?

both – I never really took much notice of Deep Purple

though obviously I've heard those youtube tracks plenty of times before Smile
If you don't love this, you don't love DP

Or Highway Star
Space Truckin
Burn
Stormbringer or
Demon's Eye
Or Speed King
or Fireball for that matter
(1st February 2017, 11:52)MetaLX Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't love this, you don't love DP

Yes

I own Machine Head and In Rock LP-s.

Sure, cheesy, but DP have their moments. Always loved the hammond arpeggio solo @ 2:14 Falcon
By that definition, is all hard rock (of that era) cheesy?
This forum has seen way more unworthy bands being hyped (*cough Radiohead *cough) than Deep Purple.
I wouldn't say all hard rock of that era is cheesy, but high-pitched screaming voices and lots of testosterone-driven guitars somehow kind of make me cringe.

What's to not like about Radiohead? (nah, wait - don't answer - I'm glad it's all personal likes and dislikes Xyxthumbs)
I must be made of purple cheese Icon_razz
(2nd February 2017, 15:13)cycom Wrote: [ -> ]What's to not like about Radiohead?

Thom Yorke Icon_razz
I quite like Thom Yorke. Icon_razz
But I did despise Radiohead at some point, because EVERYBODY was loving it and playing it and talking about it. Like the lyrics in Dan Le Sac Vs Scroobius Pip song say: "Radiohead - just a band".
(2nd February 2017, 17:48)MetaLX Wrote: [ -> ]I must be made of purple cheese Icon_razz

Kisskiss
I happily admit I like quite some late 60s/early 70s Hard Rock like Cream, Black Sabbath or Deep Purple
Me, too Smile

Although I find the term "Hard rock" misleading. For me that's an 80ies thing and Deep Purple kind of were the forerunners of Iron Maiden or Poison. Hence a bit cheesy imo.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_rock (all pretty blurry, though)
Me too. Songs like Child In Time or King Crimson's "Epitaph" (version with "March for No Reason/Tomorrow and Tomorrow") are pure masterpieces imo.