Subvert Central

Full Version: For The Ambient Lovers...review and mixtape archive 001
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
New album by Tilbury is the bomb. 

I will post information about.
Spring gives rise to the polarization of the elements. In nicer ways, music gives spotlight to fetishism and economics. Touchy behaviour arrives from the supermarket chain reaction to bed the best elements of the similar strains together. So while this is all a rhythm machine driven by isotopic means, there is also a metaphor valuably at hand for our act here: Psychological Strategy Board.

More soon at www.fluid-radio.co.uk
Fellow www.hyponik.com contributor Matt Mullen reviews Nils Frahm at The Barbican, not to mention his new Lp, "All Melody"...

Www.hyponik.com

Smile
Id enjoy seeing more lps based around the concept of static.
One example of stasis in concept comes through the superb Lp on Spotify by 80s heroes Enigma. This released in 2016 offering "The Fall Of A Rebel Angel" is up to date ambi-dub of the Orbital and Klf ilk. There are various spiritualist spoken narratives that eschew cryptic notions of heightened states in favour of guiding you blind through the turbulent modern sonic landscape.

The best thing about it is its well produced arrangements with minimal sonic cluttering. I was so impressed with the mastering as well, proper punchy. One of the narrators sounds a little like hypnotist Paul McKenna. I wouldn't be surprised if it was him in aftermath, because he has published guided ambient meditation CDs.
Two good ambi folk acts are Ethemia and Neil Halstead of Slowdive.
As par the course, you want to hear what this ol' mophead is mixing up in Ableton decks. I am mixing FTAL Mix - Portraits right now. Track list:

Portraits - 120bpm-100bpm

FL - Damonecle [Ad Music LP, Free release]
Sophie Hutchings - Portrait Of Haller [Becalmed LP]
Boards Of Canada - Music Is Math [Geogaddi LP]
FL - Primarina [Spiritual Aria LP, Free release]
ASC - The Promise In Your Lies [No Stars Without Darkness LP]
Trouble Books - Lurk Underneath [Concatenating Fields LP]
Hustled Soul - Lurkers [Lurkers LP, Free release]

I would like to know if you are interested. I lack self-worth in my own creations all the time. The more self-esteem generated, the more known to be appreciated audience music I can make comfortably. I consider it (music) my life's work. I am a slave to it even if it earns me no money to live on.
Www.textura.org

James Osland - Just Feel Me, Dear Human

Textura offer free track samples each week of a year. FL has been featured before with "Love Never Fails". Osland's track is great for repeating on loop all night. As a whole Textura have a good thing going for ambient addicts. I must remember to keep visiting the site.
Www.bandcamp.com

...for the latest Robert Scott Thompson album.
"Wind in trees".
Starts off quite dreamily dissonant and slowly moves you.

Released today. His first since Xmas.
#np Rob Haigh (Omni Trio) - Notes and crossings (Siren) on -4.80 pitch transient on my biggest Pioneer Cdj. I think the bonus dark ambi disc is in Case Logic 320 bag.

I will never get tired of "Tomorrow Never Came (1989).

If anyone wants a remix of the first track on there, ask for Dropbox access. Thanks
Asc just released Research And Development Outtakes Lp on Bandcamp.
(6th March 2018, 11:26)Muttley Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone wants a remix of the first track on there, ask for Dropbox access. Thanks

listening to that now Wave
Rime Trails - Sacred Groves (Shimmering Moods)

What organic drone perfection. 

Www.fluid-radio.co.uk domain will have a review.
for many familiar stars of the lid fans:

http://subvertcentral.com/forum/thread-62471.html

Smile
Torment was right. Torment was not wrong...
Bass is stronger than my meds. Music is my blindness.

Xiu Xiu now have 6 albums on Spotify. Including . Forget . And thr Cd that went to my fam x a collab with Larsen. I can relisten to that on Bandcamp for Imprec too.

Today has been a day of despairing over a lack of contentment. Xiu Xiu occupy a freak folk inflection that touches on the best of ambient music and classical.

But always unpredictable.
Don't fear the world. Don't fear the reaper.
I'll still be here for you tomorrow.
Keyboard oap warrior respek n ting.
Slow Clinic - Cauda Luna on Bandcamp is excellent.

Ed: it's actually Slow Meadows, similar sound to Slow Clinic though.
^^ yes, Xiu Xiu can be utterly disturbing. It is a quality of beauty, and I fucking love it. 

I was working at a radio station back then, and the Xiu Xiu "A Promise" cd was kicking around in the booth & library. I listened. Moments ingrained in myself. The beauty. The trauma.    

Trauma.  In a good way. Grouphug

Glad to have your contribution. X
Damn Robot! Have a new album out on Spotify.
Le Berger just released an album.
ARCHIVES just announced an album by Shuta Yasukochi.
My friends Little Red have 3 singles out from their 2018 lp, Draw Blood. Out in May. Bandcamp.
Latest review for my mates at www.fluid-radio.co.uk
Took I absolutely ages (about 3 weeks turnaround with 4 reviews to choose from) but I'm happy with the end result.

[b]Rime Trails - Sacred Groves (Shimmering Moods)[b]

A retired microphone you say, Rime Trails? This artist, although heavily using birdsong on an earlier release (this reviewer
reviewed that LP some years ago for this site) has given up the ghost on as much field recording as interference, and prefers to
pepper the sonic narrative as an afterthought, riding a blue wave to the heavens...heavenly drones and Jon Hassell like
minimalism is order of the day here. A magnificent collection of hummable ambient, do walk down our trail to hear for yourself.

"Sacred Groves" marks the second album proper on the Shimmering Moods label for Rime Trails, at least the second that this fan
has known of on the established Bandcamp site. Fans of the first release will find much quietude and salvation in this record.
It is comprised of eight variations titled "Sanctum" with Roman numerals marking out an archaic theme to construction. The
drones are sleepy, melodies yawning in a Stars Of The Lid-heavy way that immediately perks my spirits up. Indeed, whenever music
as good as this arrives it's no wonder Spotify users and the like become so enamoured with its playability. Soft crimson pianos
are threaded together like bloodlines leading to a beating heart of an inner sanctum, quite.

The genial romance of the piece as a whole is testament to its nods to the old school of minimalism, a shoehorning of serialism
and bypassing straight to the romantic Renaissance artists of classical music in the 19th to 20th centuries such as Mozart and
Schubert. With a generalised "time lag accumulation" device that minimalists have used and as Terry Riley now famously comments
on in the recent BBC 4 documentary "Drones And Arpeggios", the music fits right in with the contemporary era, yet seems to be
hinting at a ultra space nothingness eclipsed by the meeting of the sun and the moon. Capiche? I mean the understanding of the
logic of drone has always been related to space and time, cosmology - and granted space in television documentaries as such.

The success Rime Trails has is notable because of its sticking to a minimalist ambient ultimatum, ultimately making I realise
this is my favourite kind of music - yawning drones that are half ambient music of the contemporary era, half minimal drone. The
dreamy dissonance and sombre sobriety, sticky solemnity and aquiesence to aeolian mode creates one of the most uplifting records
that is not hanging it's heart on its sleeve at all. It's simply, a trail on the way to the sacred grove; this ambient fan's
very deified version of musical heaven. ~ Mick Buckingham
Good Weather for an Airstrike has a new lp out. Tom Honey publicised the Damn Robot project he does with his brother on BC DM at the same time.

Www.gwfaa.bandcamp.com

Well worth checking out.
I'm just SC blogrolling this stuff for the forum because it's a complete community that's regularly visited.
I'm a big of fan of Blue Sky Black Death (San Francisco, CA) from over the years, atmospheric, cinematic hip-hop, trap, vocal or otherwise.  Their production side projects are cool too via 88 Ultra, Young God, and Kaskets. 

If you've never check em out.  

01. Watch Me Die (feat. F.O.S.) -
00:00
02. Don't Look Away (feat. F.O.S.) -
11:06
03. Left Us (feat. S.A.T. & Child Actor) -
16:09
04. Glowing (feat. I Am Snow Angel, Noah23 & S.A.T.) -
23:14
05. Oceans II feat Nikki Wright -
27:56
06. Follow Me (feat. S.A.T. & Child Actor) -
32:03
07. Sing Me to Sleep (feat. Zoë Wick & S.A.T.) -
36:06
08. Heaven (feat. S.A.T.) -
41:03
09. We Could Never Be (feat. Zoë Wick, Noah23 & S.A.T.) -
47:05
10. Sad World (feat. S.A.T.) -
51:59

01. 88 ULTRA x Qreepz - Put On The Mask (Instrumental) - 00:00
02. 88 ULTRA x Qreepz - Gone Away Forever (Instrumental) -
04:29
03. 88 ULTRA x Qreepz - Destructive (Instrumental) -
08:47
04. 88 ULTRA x Qreepz - Oh Lord (Instrumental) -
12:03
05. 88 ULTRA x Qreepz - Day One (Instrumental) -
15:51
06. 88 ULTRA x Qreepz - Brain Dead (Instrumental) -
19:00
07. 88 ULTRA x Qreepz - C&C -
21:56
08. 88 ULTRA x Qreepz - It's Billy (Instrumental) -
25:17
09. 88 ULTRA x Qreepz - Marino (Instrumental) -
28:31
10. 88 ULTRA x Qreepz - Lace God (Instrumental) -
32:10
11. 88 ULTRA x Qreepz - Rotten Soul (Instrumental) -
36:45
12. 88 ULTRA x Qreepz - Let Me Know (Instrumental) -
41:39
13. 88 ULTRA x Qreepz - Hippy Things (Instrumental) -
45:05

01. Kill People Feat. Avatar Darko - 00:00
02. What My Gun Say -
04:20
03. City Streets Feat. J BYRD THE LOWLIFE -
10:05
04. Trees So High Feat. Zoë Wick -
14:28
05. Mission Street Feat. Child Actor, J BYRD THE LOWLIFE & Steezie Nasa -
19:23
06. Black Widow Witch -
24:19
07. Kill People (Instrumental) -
28:00
08. City Streets (Instrumental) -
32:20
09. What My Gun Say (Instrumental) -
36:44
10.Trees So High Feat. Zoë Wick (Instrumental) -
42:28
11. Mission Street (Instrumental) -
47:23
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38