Subvert Central

Full Version: What tune should the word Fanu be sung to?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Answers on a black space shaped webcard please or pick from the ludicrous options above.
i'm winning!

Xyxthumbs
hey this is irrelevant, but i want 2 let u guys know how fanu is pronounced here!

the vowel 'a' in fanu is pronounced like the vowel in the word 'sun'; not like in 'fan'.

the vowel 'u' in fanu is a short one and pronounced like the vowel....ermmm...hmmm....a bit like the vowel u in the second syllable in the word 'turbulence'

Xyxthumbs
Funu then?
fanu Wrote:hey this is irrelevant, but i want 2 let u guys know how fanu is pronounced here!

the vowel 'a' in fanu is pronounced like the vowel in the word 'sun'; not like in 'fan'.

the vowel 'u' in fanu is a short one and pronounced like the vowel....ermmm...hmmm....a bit like the vowel u in the second syllable in the word 'turbulence'

Xyxthumbs
ah right. that makes it sound much less silly than the phonetic english way of pronouncing it. so it's meant to sound like fun - oo not fan - oo.
And is it just a made up word, or does it have a meaning?
the holst clearly!!

btw has anyone heard the Isao Tomita version of the planets?

j

0=0
0=0 Wrote:the holst clearly!!

btw has anyone heard the isao tomita version of the planets?

j

0=0
Xyxthumbs

is that the japanese electro version all done on synthesizers? really nice cover art.
No
i thought it meant muff in finnish?
Sorry, as in no I haven't heard it.
It means absolutely nothing.
A friend of mine who was given to making silly names just invented it out of the blue ten years ago or so...
noisemonkey Wrote:
fanu Wrote:hey this is irrelevant, but i want 2 let u guys know how fanu is pronounced here!

Xyxthumbs
ah right. that makes it sound much less silly than the phonetic english way of pronouncing it. so it's meant to sound like fun - oo not fan - oo.

yes, fun-oo comes pretty close! Cool
0=0 Wrote:the holst clearly!!

btw has anyone heard the Isao Tomita version of the planets?
no, mad! must track it down.. d'you know when it came out?
gwaarn, tracked it down and ordered. nice one 0=0! Xyxthumbs

[Image: 12087.jpg]
none of the above
i wanna be sedated - the ramones

fanu fanu fanu fanuuuuuu i wanna be faaanu
Lol
michal Wrote:??? fanu can can ??
http://www.patternsofmood.com/t.o.k-fanu...riddim.mp3

i have nuttin 2 do with that No
fanu should be sung to the tune of 'mr hankie the christmas poo'
bobule Wrote:fanu should be sung to the tune of 'mr hankie the christmas poo'

Hahaha
Happy Together by THe Turtles

"Me FANU...FANU and me! no matter how we toss the Dice..." etc etc...

j

0=0
How about Die die my darling by the Misfits?

Slayer
I'm singing it to the tune of Amen Brother Grin
Phokus Wrote:I'm singing it to the tune of Amen Brother Grin

Jig
None of thee above - i know have Fanu fanu...i saw u standin....stuck in my head (Denise Denise) ya cant beat blondie of a tuesday!
Pages: 1 2