Subvert Central

Full Version: THE SC LABEL WEBSITE - Brainstorm - Input Required !!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok so....

littlenemo and i will be working together over the forthcoming weeks to develop the full sc label website.

it will most likely be database driven using a content management system (cms) to allow for easy updating - to ensure the site remains fresh.

it will feature all the standard sections like release schedule, artists bios, tune previews, contact page, news, label information / background, links etc etc

the forum will of course be integrated

but what would you guys like to see there in addition to the standard stuff ??

brainstorm !! keep the ideas coming thick and fast Xyxthumbs
small ideas or large ideas, just let us know !!

[Image: logo_phpbb.gif]
come on then fools. your help is needed !!!
ok, then i'll help

Id like to see a Street Team page
scope Wrote:come on then fools. your help is needed !!!

I'm thinking!

(cue Macc saying something sarcastic)

Grin
How about a forum Teef
Competitions for Non-SC People????
Guest Book

contact info for artists and label headz
I think we should highlight the fact that it's a sort of "community label", so a list with all the people that are involved with a short info what they are doing would be nice + info how to get involved

Dates for all events that are somehow related to SC

Infos about how to get the records, who is doing distribution etc.
Maybe an online shop or a connection to an existing shop (technological groove?)

Propaganda material: flyers, templates for stencil graffitis etc.

News about affiliated labels, e.g. when Paradox Prod., Bassbin, Streetbeats etc. have a new record out -> put it on the site
littleNemo Wrote:I think we should highlight the fact that it's a sort of "community label", so a list with all the people that are involved with a short info what they are doing would be nice + info how to get involved

Applause
OK, I came across that idea a few minutes ago.

Back in 99 or so, when the "Deadly chambers of Sound" came out on Reinforced, they provided a "Preview MP3" of a few selected tracks. (Got it somewhere on a CD but can't find it now!!!)

It wasn't a "traditional" mix, but more like a showcase. You know: They took 1-3 minute snippets and put them together in Acid or Logic or Cubase (dunno?!?!?) and it sounded ace!!!!!!!! It was a sort of mix, but not really.

Anyway, I thought it was a great way of promoting the Album, and this would be a cool thing for this too.

OK, it's a little work to put them together, but I thik it's worth it.

So Street Team Members may choose to download the MP3 with maybe a CUE file (I like it when MixCD's are not 1-Track but you can skip some or to show others the dope Andy C tune at the end of whatever!!!!! Wink ), and a Cover, burn it for themselves and give it to some shops, promoters or DJ's to listen to. (So the people have control over what they want to give away and what not and it's cheaper than sendig out the CD's!!!!!)

It's not the standard MixCD and not the "lo-fi clips on the Net and burnt to CD" thing´and everyone has a profit from it.
would be good to see quality design and not just template-based thing, something simple and creative.
vipah Wrote:would be good to see quality design and not just template-based thing, something simple and creative.

guaranteed Xyxthumbs
have a mix of the month, of a rotation of the SC dj's/producers.
Düffah Wrote:
littleNemo Wrote:I think we should highlight the fact that it's a sort of "community label", so a list with all the people that are involved with a short info what they are doing would be nice + info how to get involved

Applause

MOST DEFINITELY !

Having a photography section from events & on goings related to SC and the artists involved would be nice.
raise cain Wrote:have a mix of the month, of a rotation of the SC dj's/producers.

great idea
raise cain Wrote:
düffah Wrote:
littlenemo Wrote:i think we should highlight the fact that it's a sort of "community label", so a list with all the people that are involved with a short info what they are doing would be nice + info how to get involved

Applause

most definitely !

having a photography section from events & on goings related to sc and the artists involved would be nice.

and another Xyxthumbs
well therez got to definitely be an artist section! with some mad-ass profiles and shit like that!

errrm

32(.

goldie-saint angel
raise cain Wrote:
Düffah Wrote:

Applause

MOST DEFINITELY !

Having a photography section from events & on goings related to SC and the artists involved would be nice.

Code mentioned ages ago that we should have SC sanctioned nights, and I think this is a really good idea. Beatjam Brighton already has the SC logo on the flyers and posters, surely everyone else on this board involved with a night can do this too? Bambu?
as per the main post on the main subvert central forum, this is something promotor members are recommended to do Xyxthumbs
scope Wrote:promotor

spx10 "promoter"

[Image: fairy.gif]
Hahaha
a selection of subvert central banners/signatures available for people to use on other forums. Shit, i'm just making more work for myself aren't i? Hahaha

Stacks
Stacks Wrote:a selection of subvert central banners/signatures available for people to use on other forums. Shit, i'm just making more work for myself aren't i? Hahaha

Stacks

roll it out propa !
some kind of internet radio schedule would be great. detuned radio, agents over america, f&n show, ml's show, streetbeats show,.... all featuring tunes by subverts and affiliates.
cp_ffm Wrote:some kind of internet radio schedule would be great. detuned radio, agents over america, f&n show, ml's show, streetbeats show,.... all featuring tunes by subverts and affiliates.

yep archives, and a live feature maybe....
Pages: 1 2