Forum Statistics

2,649 Members,   62,186 Topics,   889,466 Replies,   Latest Member is christy2

Precision Breakbeat Research #23
Posted by: esb - 28th November 2002, 14:35 - Replies (7)

The ever-consistent Japanese duo of Mitsukuni Murayama [aka DJ WAREZ] and Kouichi Yamazaki whom make up PENTAGON return for their second appearance on Germany's PRECISION BREAKBEAT RESEARCH. Over the last year this twosome have had releases on such fine imprints as Hard:Edged, Krush Grooves, Frontline and Maui amongst others. If you are at all familiar with the PENTAGON-sound you know what to expect: precise breaks soaked with an abundance of soul-drenched keys. Release NO. 23 on the PRECISION-label follows in this fine tradition.

A-SIDE : LADY BIRD
Deep keys are the order of the day here! A nice rhodes-line introduces the track as heavy shuffling breaks ease up in the mix which soon give way to shakers bound to get the heads nodding. The drop gives way to more keys weaving and oscillating their way through the tightly-knit drums that are peppered with finely positioned stabs. "LADY BIRD" is a tune that will appeal to those whom like their funk liquified!

B-SIDE : FEVER
This one is the vocal-lick of the single! Sparse stabs and samples are the key elements on this fine number, all the while retaining the delicate keyboard work we have come to expect from Japan's finest D&B-producers. The drums are tough and pack enough punch to please the crowd while the deeper elements will ensure a place in the crates of forward-thinking DJs. A very versatile track to say the least- to really witness the full effect of "FEVER", you have to hear it on a loud system!

words by ESB

Continue reading..

We're a bunch of misogynists!!
Posted by: Blue - 28th November 2002, 14:11 - Replies (23)

do we have any female members here???

Continue reading..

THE FORUM IS BANGING TODAY
Posted by: Blue - 28th November 2002, 13:59 - Replies (15)

well done lads!!!

this is an excellent way to chill before playing tonight......

Continue reading..

Attn Scope ........
Posted by: Altered Ego - 28th November 2002, 13:38 - Replies (4)

Congrats on reaching 600+ posts.

Have you got no work to do or something damn it Smilie11sim

Continue reading..

the word "TEH" is banned from this board
Posted by: Blue - 28th November 2002, 13:36 - Replies (33)

i shall moderate the future use of said word....

it sucks!!

Continue reading..

good old fashioned hiphop tear up!
Posted by: boneca - 28th November 2002, 13:26 - Replies (22)

First off, propers to those that's built the site and thanks for the invite

I am boneca of dirtburg, a six piece live hiphop outfit, two emcees, 1 DJ and...the rest, recently described as "a new tongue-in-cheek hip-hop outfit spitting about sexual exploits and the finer details of their toilet habits to a funk-laced soundtrack of slack beats and chest-fuzzing bass"

Did you ever go to a hiphop show as a kid? do you miss the hi-energy throwdowns that have been replaced with a geezer mumbling thru his teeth over a DAT? Am I making any sense?

If the answer to any of the above is 'foshiggadoh', get to WKD in Camden Dec 10th:

Buttercuts crew
Dirtrburg
A.M.M.O.
DJ Sam Seed

£5 on the door or £4 with the flyer you can download at our temporary site http://www.dirtburg.co.uk where you'll get a sample of the Feelin Vanderbilt EP in the POP-UP window, available in the New Year.

To those involved, good luck with your night tonite, shame there wasn't more going on when I lived in Reading!

peas

Continue reading..

For all the heads..............
Posted by: Blue - 28th November 2002, 13:04 - Replies (7)

fave bit of studio kit anyone???

mine has to be Bobules Virus.!!!!
or Scopes E64!!!
or Linus's Pro 1 mixer!!!!

Continue reading..

Pretentious rhyming slang
Posted by: jurassik - 28th November 2002, 12:28 - Replies (12)

My work colleague and I have decided to come up with a new form of lingo - pretentious rhyming slang.

I am already asking for a pint of David when I want Kronenbourg. Any other ideas? Wink

Continue reading..

Attn Strike ..............
Posted by: Altered Ego - 28th November 2002, 11:19 - No Replies

Wha Gwan ?

The usual or are you busy ???

Give me a call.

Infinity

Continue reading..

TONIGHT
Posted by: Sir Loris of Crowthorne - 28th November 2002, 09:03 - Replies (28)

is beatjam, if i'm not mistaken? i'm not! well i'll proceed...

hope it goes well, 2nd time running. sure it'll be a monster of an evening Falcon

i'm not gonna be attending, obviously. so everyone have a wicked time and a drink on me :smasher

scope my man - you gonna record this one at all, then upload it? there's a chronic lack of anything remotely good in brisbane so a chance to hear some fresh stuff would be nice Afro

anyways - i'll be hanging around for another 20 mins or so, so keep thhings ticking...

loris Alien

Continue reading..

Online Users
There are currently 118 online users. 0 Member(s) | 118 Guest(s)

Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

Latest Threads
OUT NOW: REHABILITATION U...
by Muttley
2 hours ago
OUT NOW: REHABILITATION U...
by Euphony
Today, 07:37
up early crew
by Muttley
Today, 05:06