Ned Rush - Arpeggiator Amen

12 Replies, 5659 Views

Willynilly Xyxthumbs

Badass ableton live / push tutorial. Funny lad, great video. Actually the first one I've seen that's equally educating as it is entertaining.
Music production has definitely evolved quite a bit since I've started out Icon_eek While there might be a lot of other ways to achieve the same results, this looks astonishingly fun.

Btw, Wave everyone
Wave
Hey Statts Smile

how's life? Hope the kidney stone is gone, hurts as hell I heard.

Btw, is there any member statistic on SC showing which people post on a regular basis? Only found the page showing "top poster today", which was Torment with 3 posts Lol Neutral

I remember, when I had to add a reply to my own post after a couple of hours in order to keep it on the first page!

Happywave
not so many of us now... if you look down the forum page and check the Last Post posters, that's pretty much everybody Wink

the kidney stone passed pretty quickly, thanks, but it was quite unpleasant while it lasted – the worst thing is that you can't get comfortable at all, anywhere, in any position Neutral
Glad to hear it passed quickly! Nervous Did they send you up and down a staircase? I heard that's what helps best ... (along with drinking lots of water I guess)

You should make a christmas mailout to all members for a get together on the board Grin
(17th December 2016, 12:58)cycom Wrote: You should make a christmas mailout to all members for a get together on the board Grin

They won't come back tho. Thing is, a lot have given up on music, and those who still dj/produce defected to crappy FB. Can't fault them really, as crappy as FB is, you'll reach many more people there Icon_sad

Anyways, there are a few last mohicans left on here Smile
Music critic for the Tally Ho
I never saw SC as a music producers forum only, but you have a point of course Sad2
It wasn't. But people left for corporate mega-hell anyway. And now my only contact with them is there, so I have to stay there too. Neutral
I recently switched to 4-day work week including 3 days "home office". I'm trying to get as far away from corporate mega-hell as I can, but I guess the days of posting on SC whenever I wanted are gone.

Amongst the many things I dislike about Facebook or other mainstream social media, the randomness of intersecting friend circles is too vast. The major flaw (especially regarding it as a replacement for SC - which I know you didn't imply, but FB started the decline of forums everywhere) is that people are connected to a myriad of types of relationships in their lives. So naturally they behave differently than in a fairly closed setting like SC. If you post with your primary school friends,  working colleagues, cousins or parents in mind - there are all kinds of boundaries and constraints for what you write and which persona you try to represent.

It's a sad thing, really. I don't want to open old wounds here and I'm not sure if this train has already left the station long ago, but it saddens me to see this place so empty. I always imagined it still buzzing to some extent with new people Neutral
Grouphug
(19th December 2016, 11:51)cycom Wrote: It's a sad thing, really. I don't want to open old wounds here and I'm not sure if this train has already left the station long ago, but it saddens me to see this place so empty. I always imagined it still buzzing to some extent with new people Neutral

Yes it is, but then, that's the way of the world. Plus, people today tend to access the net via smartphones, another thing not in favour of forums. What I find sad about that mass defection to FB is, topics aren't discussed very deeply on there, it's general lack of posting history etc.

Plus - take into consideration the general state of the music "industry" ....

Anyways, glad you're back on here Hahaha

It feels kinda interesting to be a "last mohican" tho
True. But I guess most Subverts just forgot how good it was to have a hideout on the web populated with cool, knowledgeable, good-mannered (mostly) people with a proper sense of humour. SC to FB to me always was like a cool club playing great music (and offering free drinks i.e. production advice) compared to a Phil Collins stadium gig.

Quote:Anyways, glad you're back on here Hahaha

Xyxthumbs

Quote:It feels kinda interesting to be a "last mohican" tho

Chin I'll see, how this will shape up Hahaha
(19th December 2016, 12:52)cycom Wrote: True. But I guess most Subverts just forgot how good it was to have a hideout on the web populated with cool, knowledgeable, good-mannered (mostly) people with a proper sense of humour. SC to FB to me always was like a cool club playing great music (and offering free drinks i.e. production advice) compared to a Phil Collins stadium gig.

Quote:Anyways, glad you're back on here Hahaha

Xyxthumbs

Quote:It feels kinda interesting to be a "last mohican" tho

Chin I'll see, how this will shape up Hahaha

Yeah I would also think so. I mean, yeah FB you can share a half-ass-funny meme more easily. You give FB too much credit tho comparing it with Phil Collins (It's more Helene Fischer Teef )

Regarding the last mohican thing - just post semi-regularly. It still is fun, we can't let the place finally die, we have this duty Cool

But yeah I been away for years myself, reconnected in 2014 and was shocked how empty it was back then (compared to today it was mad busy Teef Hahaha ) Oh well, merry x mas and all. Best of 2016 post of mine soon on these pages.....

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ned - uru Theeboon 9 414 7th July 2010, 17:08
Last Post: cycom
  '92 - '03 - 'AMEN BODILY HARM' - All AMEN MIX INSIDE.. Flow Joe 11 5,013 2nd August 2007, 18:56
Last Post: Flow Joe
  AMEN lend me your ears AMEN batfink 5 2,859 30th March 2006, 15:35
Last Post: batfink