Subvert Central
So I Had this "MC" gig in Oxford last night..... - Printable Version

+- Subvert Central (http://subvertcentral.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (http://subvertcentral.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Subvert Central (http://subvertcentral.com/forum/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: So I Had this "MC" gig in Oxford last night..... (/thread-190.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

So I Had this "MC" gig in Oxford last night..... - Formula Inc. - 3rd November 2002

now, i'm not one of your run of the mill booyaka mcs.. far from it.. i let the music speak for itself, just adding the odd toast etc.... anyways... i'm due to a spot with my mate chemical (of DOA fame)... and it seems that he had to go back to back with one of Oxford's "jump up" DJ/'s.. needless to say he brought down about 5 bidididididididid mc's with him and i had a wasted night, i just left them to it..

so the reason for this post?

i had a f*cking wasted saturday night...

gutted

and now i'm at work... on a sunday... double gutted

So I Had this "MC" gig in Oxford last night..... - strike - 3rd November 2002

fucking chipmunk mc's on helium..

minna minna moe

i hope you can vibrate your vocal chords on the next beat jam for us????.

jooring this time i would like you to say the folowing:- Beat Jam , Streetbeats, MINCE, SNAXORS, MASHIVE, YESH MY DJ and STRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEE

and if you can do this sounding like you have £3 milllion quids worth of ICE in ya mauf, that would be great.

So I Had this "MC" gig in Oxford last night..... - subvert - 3rd November 2002

blam blam

So I Had this "MC" gig in Oxford last night..... - Formula Inc. - 3rd November 2002

strike Wrote:fucking chipmunk mc's on helium..

minna minna moe

i hope you can vibrate your vocal chords on the next beat jam for us????.

yeah i would be delighted to.. last night really did my nut in.. this dj bloke thinks he is fucking grooverider just becuase he's got a gig playing 10-11 at next weeks one nation... in the "stars of the future" room...

at least i know that there are proper headz in the thames valley!!

seen!

So I Had this "MC" gig in Oxford last night..... - Lush1 - 3rd November 2002

quote]

this dj bloke thinks he is fucking grooverider just becuase he's got a gig playing 10-11 at next weeks one nation... in the "stars of the future" room...
quote]

Lol

Coincidently I was looking at that flyer the other day out of morbid curiosity and there was abloke in the up and coming room called Rider (I think..). Thatts a bit cheeky really aint it.

So I Had this "MC" gig in Oxford last night..... - trespass - 4th November 2002

wankers. believe me fuckers- formula inc / mankular is a bad bad bad bad bad MC, exactly how id like my sets to be tweaked.

trespass and manikualr sounds good innit dave Eek Lol

So I Had this "MC" gig in Oxford last night..... - Formula Inc. - 4th November 2002

trespass Wrote:wankers. believe me fuckers- formula inc / mankular is a bad bad bad bad bad MC, exactly how id like my sets to be tweaked.

trespass and manikualr sounds good innit dave Eek Lol

everytime mate!

at least you know the chatter is gonna be there when it's needed

not over the mix or the vox

So I Had this "MC" gig in Oxford last night..... - trespass - 4th November 2002

chat chat chat chat- bad man.

So I Had this "MC" gig in Oxford last night..... - linus - 5th November 2002

i think you should get john sugar to MC...

his famous quote being over the top of 174 trek...

"Who likes the uk garage inside the ride"

or how about

" Big up the dj alicia canwe have a little twirl for the crowd"

or even

" I have lost my wallet i dont care about the money i just want the 5 g's of coke"

and the classic nugget

" Oggie Oggie Oggie "

So I Had this "MC" gig in Oxford last night..... - Formula Inc. - 5th November 2002

linus Wrote:i think you should get john sugar to MC...

his famous quote being over the top of 174 trek...

"Who likes the uk garage inside the ride"

or how about

" Big up the dj alicia canwe have a little twirl for the crowd"

or even

" I have lost my wallet i dont care about the money i just want the 5 g's of coke"

and the classic nugget

" Oggie Oggie Oggie "

that was hillarious!

So I Had this "MC" gig in Oxford last night..... - EMTEK - 5th November 2002

I totally understand what you mean formula. I MC and find it impossable to do it unless im on my own, I dont chat over mixes on purpose so as soon as I stop to hear the mix some little moshino clad fucker is trying to grab it off me so he can tell his mates 2000 times in a row as fast as he can to "get wi da bass, get wid da bass, get wid da bass" and so on. My lot did our first night last month (which we paid for) and a certain MC turned up and was just giving me shit all night about how good he was and who he was. It fucking pisses me off, can't these kids (I say kids even though most of em are around my age, im 19 btw) find there own fucking sound and stop trying to rip off the boring and very over done skibba/shabba style!

It gives the rest of us wonna be MC's a bad name

So I Had this "MC" gig in Oxford last night..... - trespass - 5th November 2002

it does give people bad names as mcs- its not true that theres no such thing as a good mc, but in dnb is unfortunately rare. when our night runs through bournemouth - its gonna be real MCs all the way- fake mans better step Twisted

So I Had this "MC" gig in Oxford last night..... - stirlin - 26th November 2002

Bidididididididi Bdidididididididi Bdidididididididi Dapper Don
Midididididididi Midididididididi Midididididididi Cubase Don
Silililililililililililili Silililililililililililili Silililililililililililil Words of .................

Any mc that can say that last verse fast deserves praise IMO Lol

So I Had this "MC" gig in Oxford last night..... - strike - 26th November 2002

are you coming down stirlin mate..........

if so i shall thwack you on the list

I was going to but I am playing @ 333 , so I wont be able to make it up, I fucking wanted to hear you guys and meet Tectonic on our shores Icon_sad

Whats his plans, Tectonic whats your plans mate Icon_question

One day soonish, I will get myself to Reading Wink

So I Had this "MC" gig in Oxford last night..... - subvert - 26th November 2002

stirlin Wrote:Bidididididididi Bdidididididididi Bdidididididididi Dapper Don
Silililililililililililili Silililililililililililili Silililililililililililil Words of .................

easy as piss...
i is a badman

So I Had this "MC" gig in Oxford last night..... - Altered Ego - 26th November 2002

stirlin Wrote:Bidididididididi Bdidididididididi Bdidididididididi Dapper Don

Any man who can say that backward deserves applause

Dont tempt man lol

Itll be the next big thing chatting shit backwards lol

So I Had this "MC" gig in Oxford last night..... - Altered Ego - 26th November 2002

stirlin Wrote:Dont tempt man lol

Itll be the next big thing chatting shit backwards lol

Some of the rude bling bling bwoys may as well be chattin shit backwards most can't understand what the hell they going on about anyway

"ribbi dibbi diibi me so flibbi can never be wibbi so never come gibbi ....."

So I Had this "MC" gig in Oxford last night..... - Formula Inc. - 26th November 2002

i think i'm rather novel.. i don't chat over mixes or vocals.. maybe i mis the point!

Formula Inc. Wrote:i think i'm rather novel.. i don't chat over mixes or vocals.. maybe i mis the point!

I thought that was all MC's did no offence intended but it seems to be going that way again with some of the "nu-skool" of MC's

I have heard very few MC's over the past 2 years that i have actually enjoyed listening to .........

So I Had this "MC" gig in Oxford last night..... - Formula Inc. - 26th November 2002

yeah some of the nu breed are ok... it's all good Smile

no one has supassed cleveland yet

you dun know Grin