Subvert Central
Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - Printable Version

+- Subvert Central (http://subvertcentral.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (http://subvertcentral.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Subvert Central (http://subvertcentral.com/forum/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? (/thread-45373.html)

Pages: 1 2

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - Beebe - 5th November 2008

It really pisses me off that I only have maybe 30 minutes of good sunlight when I get home. I was just getting into a good pattern of coming home, walking/running the dog, and having the kids ride their bikes around the block with me. Now I feel like I am in more of a rush than before to get home.

I have started to run in the morning, without the dog and kids. but I was enjoying the outdoor fun we were having in the evening.

OH...I also just bought a basketball goal. So it looks like the neighborhood kids will have more use of it than I will now.

Baffled Icon_evil

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - greenleaf504 - 5th November 2008

You can bring the dog with you in the morning can't you? Also, remember that just because we have less sunlight down here, it's not like that for everyone else living in different parts of the world. Wink
See you tonight when it'll be dark. :P

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - Paradigm X - 5th November 2008

Nothing worse than leaving for work in the dark and then coming home in the dark too. So depressing.

Since moving im much nearer work now so only dark one way !

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - seanie mack - 5th November 2008

i go for a walk in the nature preserve around the corner from my apt. after work. it gets dark very quicly now & daylite after 5 will be at a premium as we get closer to the winter solstice...but there's always springtime...

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - josh-hill - 5th November 2008

Dunno what I like most... "normal" time or "summer" time... but I definitely hate DST changes with every single cell of my body. Costs me a lot of work every year and it hasn't resulted in the reduction of power usage.

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - beckett - 5th November 2008

don't mind it at all...I'm a fan of the weird light and shadows you get during winter...plus the freshness in the air is pretty good...

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - rondema - 5th November 2008

I was born on the winter solstice, dislike daylight receding. Especially dark mornings. I do however enjoy most other aspects of autumn and winter, apart from Christmas nonsense and NYE 'celebration' fuckeries. Bah humbug

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - fanu - 5th November 2008

fucking hate it.
when i come home around 3pm, i can't really go skate if i wanna grab a little foodbite as it starts getting dark around 3:30pm or so :-/
days getting shorter, day by day.

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - Sir Loris of Crowthorne - 5th November 2008

fanu Wrote:i can't really go skate if i wanna grab a little foodbite

Should that not be lil' foodbite?

Teef

I also really dislike the lack of sunshine/vitamin D we have to endure during winter.

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - Statto - 5th November 2008

beckett Wrote:don't mind it at all...I'm a fan of the weird light and shadows you get during winter...plus the freshness in the air is pretty good...

Blue

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - mattrick - 5th November 2008

i kinda like it

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - Kontra - 5th November 2008

i quite like it too, makes me feel all warm and cosy

[Image: simpson04.gif]

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - elektrovert - 5th November 2008

i like it.

autumn rocks! Falcon
warm colours everywhere, fog, fresh weather, open fire at home. Cool
i do miss my bbq, i was gonna say - and sitting out in the garden in the evenings with a beer, but it's pissed rain here for most of the summer the past couple of years.

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - Senator Adam - 5th November 2008

I love it. I get to drink good Fall/Winter beers, sit by a fireplace, and jam out some tunes. I sleep easier when it cools down as well. It's definitely my favorite season.

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - truth agent - 5th November 2008

love it

and it's even darker and better here on the East Coast than back home in Cali

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - cheef - 5th November 2008

don't mind it....it fits with the season and gets me in the "hibernation" mood. In fact I think I dislike it more during the summer peak when it's only a few hours of dark and then its FUCKING SUN MORNING NOON AND NIGHT!! Mad

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - djfada - 5th November 2008

no but i hate everything else

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - Utopian - 6th November 2008

I like it. I like the atmosphere when it's like this.

Anyway, there's only just over a month and half of it to go and it'll be getting lighter again.

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - amon'' - 6th November 2008

waiting for summer Smile

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - Primorcon - 8th November 2008

i think the only purpose of DST would be to drive up energy usage and also to make peaple batshit crazy

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - RickyForce - 8th November 2008

djfada Wrote:no but i hate everything else

Lol

I like it TBH

I feel a lot more inspired to work on music, don't know why...

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - titanium - 8th November 2008

rickyforce Wrote:i feel a lot more inspired to work on music, don't know why...

Wave and Yes

darkness always works better when doing tunes .. put few candles on, some gin's and go! :d

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - RickyForce - 8th November 2008

Wave oi oi!

yeah big time, replace candles with joints and gin's with beer and thats me Smile

Anyone else hate the loss of daylight in the evening? - titanium - 8th November 2008

rickyforce Wrote:Wave oi oi!

yeah big time, replace candles with joints and gin's with beer and thats me Smile

gave up the joints llooooooooooong long time ago , so i fear i'll stick with the candles.... anyway, darkness works! Wink

Good man! Something I will do.....

More to the point, the darkness does indeed work Grin