Subvert Central
Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! - Printable Version

+- Subvert Central (http://subvertcentral.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Main Forums (http://subvertcentral.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Subvert Central (http://subvertcentral.com/forum/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! (/thread-48934.html)

Pages: 1 2

Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! - Ben Kei - 27th July 2009

Woo!

Fuck you recession.

It's pending references but they'll be fine.
I'm chuffed to bits cos not only does it mean I won't be an unemployed bum for too long, it also means I get to actually keep my redundancy money rather than use it for rent and bills.

And to top it all off, the job doesn't start until September so I've got til then to make the most of my freedom.

today is a good day.

Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! - markgabba - 27th July 2009

Icon_yippee

Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! - thush-ara - 27th July 2009

[Image: nana.gif]

Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! - denaris - 27th July 2009

Xyxthumbs Well done!!

Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! - Stacks - 27th July 2009

Xyxthumbs

Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! - B - 27th July 2009

Whoop Whoop Whoop :bangsonthewall: You're the luckiest cunt alive! xxxx

Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! - Paradigm X - 27th July 2009

congrats! Xyxthumbs

Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! - Ben Kei - 27th July 2009

Dance

Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! - antidote uk - 27th July 2009

damn.. my sympathies.... on the new job tha is !

Hahaha

antidote uk Wrote:damn.. my sympathies.... on the new job tha is !

Hahaha

Hahaha

To be fair, I've been redundant for not even 3 weeks yet and it's been a pain in the arse. Mostly because of the pressure of trawling for available jobs each day and realising there's fuck all out there at the minute.

This is quite a weight off obviously and I reckon I'll actually be able to enjoy the next month off and hopefully be quite productive with it too.

Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! - socialengineer - 27th July 2009

Jig

nice one Grin

Whats the new job then?

socialengineer Wrote:Jig

nice one Grin

Whats the new job then?

Milf clothes! Hahaha

Well it's a company who do a mail order catalogue for clothing aimed at the older woman.

It'll be another print production job fairly similar to what I did at i-D only with a bit more spec to make the job my own and push it how I think it needs to be pushed.

Looking forward to it regardless of the content.

And I'm sure if you want something nice for your mum I'll be able to point you in the right direction soon Teef

Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! - B - 27th July 2009

My mammy wants some Betty Barclay!

Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! - socialengineer - 27th July 2009

oh cool, sounds good! Grin

Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! - DJFracture - 27th July 2009

Excellent! Beers are on you then

DJFracture Wrote:Excellent! Beers are on you then

You and your fine lady still need to come over for a Tagine mate.
If you eventually manage to make it over then I'll get some beers in.

Did you sort out your home brew kit?
My brother has just got one on the go, can't wait to taste it.

Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! - IChiOne - 27th July 2009

Ben Kei Wrote:Woo!

Fuck you recession.

It's pending references but they'll be fine.
I'm chuffed to bits cos not only does it mean I won't be an unemployed bum for too long, it also means I get to actually keep my redundancy money rather than use it for rent and bills.

And to top it all off, the job doesn't start until September so I've got til then to make the most of my freedom.

today is a good day.

congratulations Ben, sounds like a sweet deal

Hugs

Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! - Utopian - 27th July 2009

Nice one Ben. Xyxthumbs

My career's coming together, as after six years of language study, I'm getting translation work coming in. Currently doing medical reports, and I'm loving it. I'm getting paid for something I enjoy. Icon_yippee

Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! - Macc - 27th July 2009

Jig

Utopian Wrote:Nice one Ben. Xyxthumbs

My career's coming together, as after six years of language study, I'm getting translation work coming in. Currently doing medical reports, and I'm loving it. I'm getting paid for something I enjoy. Icon_yippee

Nice one!

...just to chime in too... although ive been made part time and had my wages slashed... im acctually really happy. This is my last week working full time, after that I will be forming my own limited company and start building a web service for social media marketers which pulls data out the internets and will hopefully bring in a decent amount of money to live off once launched.
Really excited about having a big project to work on that could well be my livelyhood in the near future Grin its an excellent chance to do this sort of thing as ill still have enough to live on and spare time to do cool stuff!

Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! - Neptune - 28th July 2009

well done matey. I'm so glad you got the job. Recession is such a bitch. Now you can enjoy the summer in true style.

Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! - Euphony - 28th July 2009

Applause

Nice one

Glad it's all worked out perfect for you.

and congrats to everyone else on here too.

Grin

Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! - Ben Kei - 28th July 2009

socialengineer Wrote:...just to chime in too... although ive been made part time and had my wages slashed... im acctually really happy. This is my last week working full time, after that I will be forming my own limited company and start building a web service for social media marketers which pulls data out the internets and will hopefully bring in a decent amount of money to live off once launched.
Really excited about having a big project to work on that could well be my livelyhood in the near future Grin its an excellent chance to do this sort of thing as ill still have enough to live on and spare time to do cool stuff!

Nice one Ed! sounds wicked if you can make a living out of it.

Just got my P45 through and my final pay cheque including the redundancy money!
Time to go and get some new shoes I think Wink

Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! - SpeaK - 28th July 2009

Congratulations! Twothumbs