Falcon

rusty cage Falcon

outshined Falcon

superunknown Falcon

she likes surprises Falcon

spoonman Falcon

drawing flies Falcon Falcon Falcon

loads and loads of other tunes. Falcon

they were the absolute dog's danglies, a proper super-band.... chris cornell's voice Lovesmilie , kim thayil's guitar Lovesmilie , matt cameron's drumming Lovesmilie Lovesmilie and ben shepherd's bass and general madness Lovesmilie

what a fucking band.
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
The only thing I can remember by them was that one what was in the charts... 'Black Hole Sun'... not amazing or anything but I liked it, certainly more than the other tosh that was around at the time...
All i can remember about sound garden is being 14 and puking cider.
Yeah, I deliberately didn't mention that tune. It was okay, but they did a LOT better.
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
I guessed that! But then, that's why I DID mention it!

Icon_razz
Definatly one of my favourite all time bands hence .....

http://www.subvertcentral.com/forum/view...oundgarden
macc Wrote:yeah, i deliberately didn't mention that tune. it was okay, but they did a lot better.

Yes

don't remember many individual tracks, but i do remember that they were phenomers. gonna have to dig some soundgarden out now!
[Image: pezholiodoa.gif]

batfink Wrote:bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK NORK NORK bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK bwabba NORK.
Bag o' shite.

Stacks
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]
Mind you i like Audioslave as well and no-one else in the world likes them Roll
Altered Ego Wrote:Mind you i like Audioslave as well and no-one else in the world likes them Roll

students do.

Students? Bag o' shite!
Stacks Wrote:Bag o' shite.

Stacks

Why? You just not into that whole thing, or something against Soundgarden in particular? They were musical masters, man.
Macc Wrote:

Stacks

Why? You just not into that whole thing, or something against Soundgarden in particular? They were musical masters, man.

i think it was just a good chance to use that phrase. a fucking good phrase it is too!
soundgarden were fantastic. superunknown is easily one of my favourite albums, the production is brilliant and the range and variety of tracks is astounding Grin
Macc Wrote:

Stacks

Pah! bunch of arse

Stacks
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]
Hahaha
Spoonman was a homeless guy who lived outside their recording studio, so they got him in teh song. I wonder if they paid him...
[Image: mantis.jpg]
Lata Wrote:Spoonman was a homeless guy who lived outside their recording studio, so they got him in teh song. I wonder if they paid him...

Probably gave him a couple of new spoons ....
Lata Wrote:Spoonman was a homeless guy who lived outside their recording studio, so they got him in teh song. I wonder if they paid him...

they probably gave him some powder to put in the spoons
Hahaha If they had any left, maybe Grin
soundgarden were awesome, easily one of my favourite bands ever. too many good tunes to mention, but any of those macc's mentioned are good for a start. "like suicide", "fell on black days", "the day i tried to live", etc.. all good!

not quite sure what to make of chris cornell's solo album though; voice still good, just not sure about the compositions and the general feel anymore. but he'll always remain a hero Falcon Grin

also liked that collaboration with pearl jam they did as temple of the dogs; great record!
--
Soundscaping Records | Soundscaping Zine
http://www.soundscaping.net/label | http://www.soundscaping.net
symmetry Wrote:"Fell on black days", "The day I tried to live", etc..

OMFG I can't believe I forgot those two tunes, especially The Day I Tried To Live......... Lovesmilie Lovesmilie Lovesmilie Lovesmilie Lovesmilie Lovesmilie Lovesmilie

WHAT a tune.
Code Wrote:The only thing I can remember by them was that one what was in the charts... 'Black Hole Sun'... not amazing or anything but I liked it, certainly more than the other tosh that was around at the time...

oh i luuuv the music video for that song....really creepy and morbid...
Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose
Macc Wrote:
symmetry Wrote:"Fell on black days", "The day I tried to live", etc..

OMFG I can't believe I forgot those two tunes, especially The Day I Tried To Live......... Lovesmilie Lovesmilie Lovesmilie Lovesmilie Lovesmilie Lovesmilie Lovesmilie

WHAT a tune.

The day I tried to liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive,
I wallowed in the blood and mud,
with all the other piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigs, yeah

Fucking come on! Haven't heard that song in sooooooooooooo long!!!

Like I said before. Phenomers. Lovesmilie Lovesmilie Lovesmilie Lovesmilie Lovesmilie Lovesmilie Lovesmilie
[Image: pezholiodoa.gif]

batfink Wrote:bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK NORK NORK bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK bwabba NORK.
The best thing about that song is the fact it is in 4/4 time but TOTALLY sounds like something else. All the accents are in the wrong place! But it sounds sooooo nice!
it's all about the bit where he goes;

'i woke the saaaaaaame, as any other day except i should have staayyyyed in beeeedddddd!'

Falcon Falcon Falcon Falcon Falcon Falcon Falcon Falcon

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boymerang appreciation thread Jeff Risk 28 21,658 24th September 2023, 01:23
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  Progressive Rock Appreciation Thread Unsane 75 24,801 10th November 2022, 05:24
  emotional amen track appreciation thread scart ridge 125 99,515 22nd August 2022, 08:36
Last Post: Statto
  Frank Zappa Appreciation thread Ed:t 24 6,127 26th October 2021, 09:16
Last Post: Statto
  RELEASE Ryo Kawasaki Appreciation thread +ToRMeNT+ 1 2,735 19th September 2019, 05:46