Soulseek in trouble ?

32 Replies, 10524 Views

I have actually downloaded 14 years old Underground Resistance record from Soulseek a while ago. I have also played it on the radio to the audience of 8 million people.
[Image: outside.gif]
I agree with Bhima fuck p2p.
i have no real objections against p2p itself, as i believe it can help people in discovering other music than that is pumped in your brain by commercial radio

however, i do not agree with people not buying a record as they "already have it on mp3" or with dj's playing out copyrighted tunes that were downloaded via p2p

that's just not done imho

Thumbd

@ ashes: dont even bother calling me names... i wont change my opinion Wink
Well, yeah. Josh has just said exactly what I was trying to say but in a more simpler way.
[Insert signature here]
Kisskiss
i agree with josh hill 100%
So now it appears Limewire will try to stop sharing of copyrighted material.
Good luck with that...

Quote:Then, on September 13, 2005, the RIAA sent several letters to various P2P developers. The letter, which LimeWire is believed to have been a recipient of, demands that P2P developers prevent their users from infringing on copyrights or face litigation. It now appears that LimeWire might bow to this demand.

Approximately 3 to 5 days ago, LimeWire developers began working on two new branches, cc_reverify_interval-branch and cc-publish-branch. The code in the first branch works to verify that every file shared has a license. If this is not the case, the file will not be shared. The second branch is for publishing one's own work without a license. According to the release notes, individuals can attach a Creative Commons license if the work is either their own or have permission to distribute the work.

If an individual shares an unlicensed MP3 file, the LimeWire client will display the following message and prevent its distribution:

"LimeWire can't determine if one or more files have been published under a suitable license. These files will not be shared."
[...]
The recent court ruling puts LimeWire in an unfortunate situation. The Supreme Court ruled those who “actively induce” copyright infringement can be held liable. LimeWire never “actively induced” anyone – as it was always more of a research and development client than anything else. To chill a research client such as LimeWire may help expose the RIAA’s seemingly unfettered access to taunt and bully P2P developers into submission.

LimeWire did not respond to requests for comment on this situation.
josh-hill Wrote:however, i do not agree with people not buying a record as they "already have it on mp3" or with dj's playing out copyrighted tunes that were downloaded via p2p

that's just not done imho

Thumbd

@ ashes: dont even bother calling me names... i wont change my opinion Wink

agreed

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trouble connecting online Statto 5 1,881 24th April 2012, 08:17
Last Post: Statto
  4Hero - Mr Kirk's Nightmare (Barney Trouble Remix) Spectraz 11 4,146 20th August 2008, 23:09
Last Post: Spectraz
  Q-Project - Trouble / Daylight (ADVR002) cram 8 2,102 8th October 2007, 20:19
Last Post: seanie mack
  hmv and fopp in trouble? bobule 28 4,796 29th June 2007, 17:17
Last Post: ALPHA OMEGA
  iRiver H320 trouble Code 8 1,664 23rd May 2007, 16:32
Last Post: Ashes