Boosting wireless signals

17 Replies, 2369 Views

Anyone here purchased the booster thingys that boost yer wireless signal?

Sick and tired of sodding wireless internet at home!

Also... who are the best ISPs atm? really don't have the capacity to go searching the net.
google it Teef
thanks Xyxthumbs
Ashes Wrote:google it Teef

Some good advice here.
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Macc Wrote:
Ashes Wrote:google it Teef

Some good advice here.

i knew you were going to post that lol.
Sir Loris Of Crowthorne Wrote:Anyone here purchased the booster thingys that boost yer wireless signal?

Sick and tired of sodding wireless internet at home!

Also... who are the best ISPs atm? really don't have the capacity to go searching the net.

i have no opinion on this matter.
i found these helped immensely after hours of stress trying to get my wireless to work

[Image: LAN_Cable.jpg]
Lol

Rofl

sorry
'There's no such thing as selling out just buying in'

Chuck D
thanks matt Hahaha
I have heard good things about the tin-can antenna:

http://cruftbox.com/cruft/docs/cantenna.html
Reez Wrote:I have heard good things about the tin-can antenna:

http://cruftbox.com/cruft/docs/cantenna.html

Quote:The next day I pointed the antenna out the window while my wife drove us
to our friend's house. The laptop was running Netstumbler and beeping frantically.

Let me tell you any woman that lets you point a tin can out the
window with a laptop beeping constantly as it acquires new 802.11
access points while she's driving is a keeper.

Rofl
Quote:Before tuning the driver element, it was lunch time.
Obviously, I ate the chili.
You didn't think I'd throw away the chili did you?

James came over around this time and started making his cantenna.
Soon I was cooking his mini-raviolis.
Mmmm, mini-raviolis....

Lol Lol Lol

some quality text on there
have you tried high-gain antennas on your router and receiving end?

Often you can just buy a high gain antenna aka. BIG AERIAL and screw it on in place of the tiny shitty one thats already attached. They can make a huge difference. Dont think theyre too pricey but i'll have to have a look around for ye. Smile
bare
i have 1000meters of cat5 cable if you want me to make you a cable up sloc
http://www.dsl-warehouse.co.uk/category....laod4mfrfa

try those - uses the electrical wiring in the house as data wiring. plug one into the plug near the router, cat5 cable from router into the plug and then one at your pc end.

they work a treat Xyxthumbs
some routers let you install a linux flavor that you can customize to fuck. one config is to boost the antenna signal Wink

and you can buy a more strong omnidirectional dbi antenna too. this is IF the problem is the router signal...many things can jam the signal...plants, watercoolers, 2.4Ghz wireless phones...
Thanks for the tips here peeps...

batfink -- not tried naffink on my pc or router, may well take up wWlsh's suggestion though (if I can find something reasoably priced)

bobo -- wanna try and avoid network cable. won't be able to shut the door - it's like a safe! Lol
Sir Loris Of Crowthorne Wrote:Thanks for the tips here peeps...

batfink -- not tried naffink on my pc or router, may well take up wWlsh's suggestion though (if I can find something reasoably priced)

bobo -- wanna try and avoid network cable. won't be able to shut the door - it's like a safe! Lol

i do have some spare Netgear 200mbps homeplugs (network through mains circuit). I'll have a looooook and see if nomans nicked dem. Grin
bare

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE OUT NOW: SUBMANIFOLD - EMBEDDED SIGNALS EP (OmniEP171) Euphony 0 1,242 11th November 2018, 08:33
Last Post: Euphony
  RELEASE OUT NOW: ESCHATON - INTERSTELLAR SIGNALS (Omni050) Euphony 18 5,958 16th August 2017, 11:33
Last Post: Muttley
  Frederic Robinson - 'Mixed Signals' blumarten 8 4,784 13th October 2014, 00:00
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  Bjork- Signals (senses rmx) safetyboy 70 18,372 12th September 2014, 14:23
Last Post: bethom23
  Aphex Twin plays Paradox @ Wireless Festival UK 2011 greenleaf504 8 3,989 2nd August 2011, 23:59
Last Post: cycom