Gaming frenzy, what have you been playing recently?

1165 Replies, 474929 Views

*edit* title change Smile

Ive been on a gaming frenzy for the last week or so, just wondered if any of you have played these and what you thought?

PS3 - Heavenly Sword:
OMFGOMGWTFOMFG! This game is the donkeys dangly-doos! I have been absolutly blown away by it, it easily the best looking game ever released, it is absolutly jaw droppingly gorgeous, i really cannot get over how much!
The story is engrossing, definatly helped by the amazing graphics, voice acting and excellent mo-cap and the battle system is great. battle seems to involve 'skilled button mashing' which is fine by me as well as some cool six-axis motion control arrow firing.
hopefully gonna complete this tonight (i think im on the final battle)
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: / 5

XBox360 - Stranglehold:
Whilst i havnt acctually played this (I hate first person shooters with dual analog with a passion) I have certainly enojyed watching freinds play this nrealy to completion. I think that it brings alot more to the table than Halo3 has, although quite reminicent of max payne its alot more fast paced and action packed.
The character models and environments are lovely and destruct wonderfully, theres nothing like shooting a guy dead on in the balls or seeing marble pillars explode in oblvion.
Im sure that if i enjoyed dual-analog fps's then i would enjoy this, however its still great fun to watch.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: / 5

XBox360 - Halo3 (dont ask where it came from):
Gay as a window. The multiplayer might be good (we havnt tried it yet) but the single play is poop. the water looks nice... but for a triple (if not quadrouple) 'A' title i would have thought this would look better, absolutly pales in comparison to the sheer beauty of Heavenly Sword... plu it looks like more of the same old same old.. run a bit shoot some aliens then do a bit more alien shooting. Yawn

:thumbsdown:

Wii - Resident evil:
Good fun, the controls are a bit wierd but i got used to them quite quickly and its annoying theres no strafe but all in all some good zombie blasting joy. Ive only played about an hour of this so far and hope it only gets better.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: / 5

Wii - Super paper mario:
WTF is up with the intro... its the longest intro ive ever ever had to put up with.. it just goes on and on and on and on... then you acctually get to the title screen and hit (2) and then again it goes on and on and on and on and on (admitidly some of the dialogue is really funny).. then the action starts and all is good Grin
aside from the huge intro i am absolutly loving the paper mario, i had reservations as i havnt really enjoyed platformers since being a small child (i just dont have the reflexes anymore) but can happily say that its great. i played the first chapter and came accross some really inovative puzzles, flipping into 3D is wicked.
very enjoyable

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: / 5
no one wants to flame me for hating on the Halo?! Icon_eek
Paper mario is a bit shite to be honest!!!

resident evil is good though
Im loving paper mario, proper jokes....the 2D/3D thing is really nicely implemented....

is resident evil the one ported from the gamecube or the new one?

i've heard its decent...

i've been playing bio-shock and overlord on the 360 of late....

overlord is good craic, but it get's a bit repetative after awhile...some nice puzzle elements to it though, with the 4 different minion types available....plus you get to slaughter LOTS of things....

bio-shock is brilliant, it's somewhat difficult, i get killed on a regular basis (although i started playing it at the high difficulty level from the off) so it's a bit frustrating sometimes, but the game design / sound design is fantastic, and the whole "gene hacking" thing is pretty cool
Loving super paper mario Grin
loving resident evil on the wii - just completed the main game and its opened up loads of mini games and different modes.. fecking badass
yeah i really like paper mario Smile the platforming is a bit easy so far but its still fun and the 2d/3d thing is cool

being underwhelmed by halo 3 i can understand but preferring stranglehold?!?! i didnt even manage to finish the demo it was soooo bad.

heavenly sword is great, just a shame its so short! it looks amazing though. still think ninja gaiden sigma has better fighting though

the skate demo is tooo good, must have played the half hour it gives you 4 or 5 times now, its almost as fun as watching a skate video or something

warhawk is deadly... great fun and theres loads of different ways to play it

colin mcrae dirt is funtimes too
Mario Galaxy looks great!

New Zelda on the DS is Icon_eek
socialengineer Wrote:Gay as a window.

RoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRofl
droid Wrote:New Zelda on the DS is Icon_eek

Is there and english language version out yet???
If you have a DS, theres this cartridge you can buy called Simply DS or something, it has a removable flash card and comes with a usb flash card thingy and you can get all the games. it works and its sick!
why in paper mario are they all obsessed with facial hair?! Baffled Rofl

id love to play warhawk but my mate with the ps3 has no broadband Icon_sad
colin mcrae is always good Grin i cant wait till the official WRC game comes out though, not sure if its gonna be a ps3 exclusive but they are always miles ahead of the competition when it comes to rally racing :thumbsup:
here it is http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zappies-M3-SIMPL...B000PZVIEC
I really didnt see you as a DS man frax Lol
I'm not. But my mate just bought the 2 together and it's quite fun. It's just good having access to 100s of games, just like those old carts for the gameboys you could get from Japan. Or for the SNES. Super Wildcard i think it was called? I'm all about the knock-offs Hahaha
yeah i have an r4 for the ds with 2gig card Falcon

http://ds.rom-news.org/ all the games you need, theres only a japanese language zelda at the moment as far as i know!
droid Wrote:Mario Galaxy looks great!

New Zelda on the DS is Icon_eek

yeah, must pick up the zelda thing, it looks ace.
DJFracture Wrote:I'm not. But my mate just bought the 2 together and it's quite fun. It's just good having access to 100s of games, just like those old carts for the gameboys you could get from Japan. Or for the SNES. Super Wildcard i think it was called? I'm all about the knock-offs Hahaha

ah cool.
ive been meaning to buy a DS since they came out, I have nearly all the gameboys preceeding it, just missing the square and tiny advance's and the two DS's from the collection.
safetyboy Wrote:yeah i have an r4 for the ds with 2gig card Falcon

http://ds.rom-news.org/ all the games you need, theres only a japanese language zelda at the moment as far as i know!

that business ez to get on the go jay??
Yeah just drag and drop and play Smile
where did you get the r4 from? they cost much?
R4 is quality. I got it from these boys http://uk.supercardnds.com/detail.asp?su...PageSize=1

It really is as simple as drag and drop the files onto the card. You get a USB stick with it to put the MicroSD card into and copy the files over.

£42 delivered with a 2gb MicroSD card and only took about 3 days to arrive.
wilshy Wrote:r4 is quality. i got it from these boys http://uk.supercardnds.com/detail.asp?su...pagesize=1

it really is as simple as drag and drop the files onto the card. you get a usb stick with it to put the microsd card into and copy the files over.

£42 delivered with a 2gb microsd card and only took about 3 days to arrive.

2gb sounds deadly, could probably fit all the games i'd ever want in that Chin

does it affect the games at all? can you still save and stuff? must take longer to load too surely
completed heavenly sword last night Homerdrool gonna go back and get all the bonus bits that didnt get done properly :d
also, i got my first vc games for my wii last night, star fox - lyat wars and sfii turbo Falcon
tyler Wrote:
wilshy Wrote:r4 is quality. i got it from these boys http://uk.supercardnds.com/detail.asp?su...pagesize=1

it really is as simple as drag and drop the files onto the card. you get a usb stick with it to put the microsd card into and copy the files over.

£42 delivered with a 2gb microsd card and only took about 3 days to arrive.

2gb sounds deadly, could probably fit all the games i'd ever want in that Chin

does it affect the games at all? can you still save and stuff? must take longer to load too surely

games play the same and load the same and save the same!!!!

you can get nitrotracker too for making beats on the go http://nitrotracker.tobw.net/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So subverts what have you been reading recently? good morning captain 923 597,719 5th December 2022, 17:42
Last Post: Spectraz
  NEWS [Gaming] Adventure Bar Story on the Nintendo 3DS Muttley 1 2,536 6th May 2019, 15:38
Last Post: Muttley
  What I Watched on TV recently... firefinga 26 25,610 15th February 2018, 18:46
Last Post: Muttley
  RELEASE Recently on Soundcloud.... Forthcoming DAAT releases firefinga 4 7,221 19th September 2015, 09:42
Last Post: firefinga
  [Gaming] Guild Wars 2: I Feel Popcorn Love Roo Stercogburn 2 3,185 2nd November 2012, 18:04
Last Post: Roo Stercogburn