Modern Life is Rubbish

73 Replies, 24329 Views

djfada Wrote:
cube Wrote:nah just some old crappy sony ericsson, but it came close to a stabbing so i just gave it over. could have been a lot worse, just got a big fat achey jaw.

Hugs

fuck man sounds rough

whered it all happen?

west indian centre.
saw surgeon play, he was fooooookin awesome.... then that happened.
Jeebus Bob Hugs

I know how that feels, it's horrible Hugs

Not to be cold-hearted (not at all!!) - but that's not modern life exactly... There's always been cunts about. They would have robbed you for your horse/wallet/tunic or summink whenever you existed. Cunts are a fact of life. Neutral
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
cube Wrote:
djfada Wrote:
cube Wrote:nah just some old crappy sony ericsson, but it came close to a stabbing so i just gave it over. could have been a lot worse, just got a big fat achey jaw.

Hugs

fuck man sounds rough

whered it all happen?

west indian centre.
saw surgeon play, he was fooooookin awesome.... then that happened.

shit man despite what some people think of chapeltown ive always known the place to be ok, theres cunts everywhere tho i guess Icon_sad

good yer safe tho man a phones not worth getting badly hurt
Hugs Cube.
cube Wrote:
batfink Wrote:
cube Wrote:too many dickheads about. i got my head kicked in for my phone on saturday

man thats shit.

was it an iphone?

nah just some old crappy sony ericsson, but it came close to a stabbing so i just gave it over. could have been a lot worse, just got a big fat achey jaw.

man i would have done you myself if it was an iphone, but for a sony ericsson? no excuse for that kind of behaviour. Icon_evil
bare
cube Wrote:saw surgeon play

thieves will never take the memory of seeing Tony Surgeon away from you!

human wolves are the biggest cunts going.

I have this dream where i'm torturing each of them individually, making them recite "I will not bully people" in Cantonese.

then I put bulldog clips on their earlobes and pour head & shoulders in their eyes.

arseholes.
GIMME YR HORSE!

but yeah modern life is bobbins.
lawrie, have a word Nervous
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
wilshy Wrote:as long as i don't have to write blogs, ever setup a facebook account (myspace is far too time consuming and shit as it is - "social networking" sites... die), find out what the hell twitter is, do mobile blogging (hmmm nice from a numeric keypad Teef ) etc i'll be happy.

forums and internet in general, see what macc said. invaluable source of knowledge, be it biased or not. if i want to know something, just type it into google and 15 mins later i'll be a lot wiser on the subject. noice Xyxthumbs

summs me up exactly! forums like sc have given me invaluable contacts and connections into a music scene which i love. without that talking to like minds id really be a miserable fart.

re: your kids & technology. you should know because they know! will make you a better parent and aware of what they are doing Wink
While it's great all this web stuff can be distracting and you don't get things done at all. I am hardly on AIM anymore, check Twitter and Facebook just once or twice a day,... I have to reduce the number feeds I read, though.
I drift between a healthy optimistic attitude that has been put into words well by a few people in this thread...

and...

...loathing of humanity, my job, the future.
Shit sorry to hear that bob

bastards

karma ell sort em out.

glad you got to see surgeon tho, but shame about the ending Icon_sad

im a complete coward, id give em anything anybody wanted if i got mugged. except ad obviously. Stuffs replaceable. too many nutters about. All the skunk eh lorry ? Teef

Luckily im 6'5, wear loads of layers cus im always cold and look moody, so i tend to get left alone.

sorry to hear that man. hope you feel well soon.

Hugs
on point, love the internet, hate 24 hour flashing tv and adverts everywhere, life is for sale. Icon_sad

internet you can choose you're level of involvement. e.g. here, just great to 'natter' and have a laugh with similarly minded persons.

for like finding flats and jobs and the like its a godsend

recipes when youre stuck

ordering rare cds

finding out a crtap band in ny have called themselves paradigm x

finding out someone did a crap thugstep mix of your tune without permission

finding out i really couldnt live without uads

hearing far too much about burial

photoshops

overall yeah.

also very few of us could write the tunes or dj or anything even like 20 years ago, or at least not without huge difficulty, or expense really.

no facebook, any friends im no longer in touch with can stay that way frankly. myspace for tunes but really cant be arsed with it anymore. tunes are well out of date. its highly annoying. singed up to virb but not touched. prob should

spent ages getting my own site together and putting all of my tunes up, ive done loads, most are crap but all are free. very few people go. doesnt even come up on google. havent updated in months either, too little time. shame. seeing it more as a virtual scrapbook.

Cheers
cube Wrote:
batfink Wrote:
cube Wrote:too many dickheads about. i got my head kicked in for my phone on saturday

man thats shit.

was it an iphone?

nah just some old crappy sony ericsson, but it came close to a stabbing so i just gave it over. could have been a lot worse, just got a big fat achey jaw.

sorry to hear that man. Where did this occur?
Thomas: information overload.....just shut it off. you can do it, i know cos i did so too and i was BAAAAAAD
john doe Wrote:thomas: information overload.....just shut it off. you can do it, i know cos i did so too and i was baaaaaad

Nervous Hahaha

at least i stopped using aim. the biggest time consumer Roll
john doe Wrote:Thomas: information overload.....just shut it off. you can do it, i know cos i did so too and i was BAAAAAAD

but we miss you John

we miss you

Icon_cry
'There's no such thing as selling out just buying in'

Chuck D
Paradigm X Wrote:All the skunk eh lorry ? Teef

it's not good for people Smile
sorry to hear bout the mugging Icon_sad

i agree with the idea of keeping the tangeable things close, Altho i have become very self involved regarding work and music etc... over the last couple of years or so..i suppose i could blame modern life for making me less community minded

Internet has been top notch for communicating with friends, searching for info and also buying/selling stuff

Im not a fan of AIM so i don't use it as much...
Fushara
it is top notch. but it's also a big pain in the ass.

I consume much more in much less time.

It gives me the creeps to think about how I'm going to raise my children and teach them common sense, when they have to struggle with almost endless possibilites in a virtual world which is becoming increasingly detached from reason and sense.

despite of the undisputable advantages of virtual networking and access to almost unlimited knowledge.

can one actually be taught how to cope with such amount of information? Baffled I think it's probably time for a new prototype of human being: the homo informaticus or summink Hahaha
cycom Wrote:the homo informaticus

Yes

ive got one of them hes called leroy and no matter how much you press the stop button he keeps spilling out info Roll

but anyway the internets makes me wanna get out into the 'real (Teef)' world more lately im fed up of filling fucking film quizzes in on facecrook
Hahaha Xyxthumbs
on the plus side tho no one would hear my amazingly fresh regurgitated funk flops without the net so it just keeps on giving
on the plus side I can say "nice tune, fada!" without having listened to it Teef
Hahaha

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Modern Love Sir Loris of Crowthorne 25 5,106 9th November 2007, 17:06
Last Post: IChiOne
  is my name rubbish? djfada 36 2,171 22nd March 2007, 21:33
Last Post: draadje
  Burglars are fucking rubbish UFO_over_easy 18 1,856 2nd January 2007, 22:21
Last Post: Benway
  Check my rubbish High C Macc 12 1,069 25th November 2006, 13:54
Last Post: Neptune
  modern toss beckett 10 819 13th July 2006, 03:02
Last Post: dionysus