Recent Issues of The Wire (anyone got em)

12 Replies, 4329 Views

who's been doing :

(a) the electronica reviews

(b) the 'essential beats' (or similarly named section) ?
think Derek Walmsley does a fair bit of that kind of stuff, and Phillip Sherburne. Have the latest copy at home. will check when I get in
Blunt Wrote:think Derek Walmsley does a fair bit of that kind of stuff, and Phillip Sherburne. Have the latest copy at home. will check when I get in

yeah, I think Derek Walmsley does the electronica stuff... but I'm nearly sure there's a second section for 'Essential Beats' or something like that, if you could have a look ! thanks Blunt !

actually, if you have other recent copies, have a look to see who writes the columns too, cos they seem to get different people in on certain months ?! Grin
Critical Beats - its either Phil Sherburne or sometimes another person.

Columns as in articles?
Right, in the October issue, with Richie Hawtin on the cover, Joe Muggs did the Critical Beats section this month, and Chris Sharp did the Electronica section.

In September, with Ultra-Red on the cover, it was Sherburne doing Critical Beats, and David Stubbs doing the electronica.

In August (Tricky on the cover), twas Joe Muggs and Chris Sharp again, respectively.

July (Mark Stewart on cover), twas Sherburne and Stubbs again.

In June (Evangelista on cover), was Dave Stelfox (who does a fair bit of hiphop n'all) did Critical Beats, and Chris Sharp was on hand for electronica.

The Dub section often features a bit of jungle and dubstep, and Steve Barker's your man for that section.

Simon Hampson and Ian Penman chip with dance music reviews every now and again too.
Blunt Wrote:Right, in the October issue, with Richie Hawtin on the cover, Joe Muggs did the Critical Beats section this month, and Chris Sharp did the Electronica section.

In September, with Ultra-Red on the cover, it was Sherburne doing Critical Beats, and David Stubbs doing the electronica.

In August (Tricky on the cover), twas Joe Muggs and Chris Sharp again, respectively.

July (Mark Stewart on cover), twas Sherburne and Stubbs again.

In June (Evangelista on cover), was Dave Stelfox (who does a fair bit of hiphop n'all) did Critical Beats, and Chris Sharp was on hand for electronica.

The Dub section often features a bit of jungle and dubstep, and Steve Barker's your man for that section.

Simon Hampson and Ian Penman chip with dance music reviews every now and again too.

Nice one Blunt !

yer a star !

yeah, they keep changing it around, so I think the best thing to do is to hit them all with the music Lol

@ Logos, I meant the record review pages Wink
And judging by the pattern emerging...

there's a fair chance it will be Sherburne and Stubbs for Novemeber Icon123
If you send your stuff to Derek and hassle him a bit he should see that someone reviews it.
don't mention Subvert Central or they'll just ignore you
droid Wrote:if you send your stuff to derek and hassle him a bit he should see that someone reviews it.

right.

i did follow up after sending him the subtle audio vol i compilation but he never replied ?

he likes more frequent prodding then, is it ? Bigstick
Statto Wrote:don't mention Subvert Central or they'll just ignore you

hahaha

I already got that (without mentioning it!)
code Wrote:
droid Wrote:if you send your stuff to derek and hassle him a bit he should see that someone reviews it.

right.

i did follow up after sending him the subtle audio vol i compilation but he never replied ?

he likes more frequent prodding then, is it ? Bigstick

seems to. the naphta lp took a while but got reviewed in the end. hes diggidey derek on dissensus if you want to tackle him directly.
droid Wrote:Seems to. the Naphta LP took a while but got reviewed in the end. Hes Diggidey Derek on dissensus if you want to tackle him directly.

I'll take the legs from under him.

Pogatez style.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  buying one record reviewed in The Wire each month Statto 561 371,120 1st March 2024, 10:24
Last Post: Statto
  RELEASE Recent Metalheadz LP releases - Grey Code "Renewal" lp, etc +ToRMeNT+ 1 566 19th September 2022, 07:31
Last Post: Statto
  The Wire Rothko 327 136,337 11th March 2018, 21:22
Last Post: Muttley
  RELEASE Wire: Britt Brown on "negative reviews" - www.thewire.co.uk Muttley 4 6,731 6th October 2017, 12:38
  Your recent eBay winnings? fanu 581 186,137 7th September 2017, 10:11