How shall we do this?
Same rules as the 1st time, that is, no rules other than each track must be 60 secs in length.
65.31%
Everyone upload a small sample pack, to get combined into 1 big sample pack for the source material.
10.20%
Use original 60x60 for all sounds or use the original for inspiration if you don't use a sampler.
4.08%
Tracks must use original SC 60x60 for all sounds except drums, which you are free to add.
8.16%
Remix or reinterpret one track from the original - free choice of track
6.12%
Remix or reinterpret one track from the original - randomly designated track
6.12%
49 vote(s)
* You voted for this item.

SC:60x60 II - Release imminent

745 Replies, 238031 Views

sign me up Smile
IG: @profane || soundcloud.com/profane
Hovver Wrote:i vote Mattrick in as the teacher on the school trip who made sure everyone was on the coach/had their butties

Grin

Sit down and shut up, Stenning!
Spank

Gurkin
nathan ball wants to do another, also adrianne and I (cellodism X) will prob do another.

Xyxthumbs

yay, epic one min pads
mattrick Wrote:also, @ Haxhi - i took your "...but I'm no musician" comment to mean you don't wish to submit a track, am i correct?

Sad2 correct!
being no musician would be an advantage for this !

go for it ! make some weird noise/experimental cutnpaste thing, you can get audacity and loads of software free and were all here to help with boring technical things.

Grin
Chin
[Image: ah+go+on.jpg]
mattrick Wrote:
Hovver Wrote:i vote Mattrick in as the teacher on the school trip who made sure everyone was on the coach/had their butties

Grin

Sit down and shut up, Stenning!
Spank

But sir....!!!!!! Robert said his mum was better than mine and not a slag cos she puts dead nice pickle on his butties and my family are all just asda own-make gippo's
Paradigm X Wrote:[Image: ah+go+on.jpg]

GwanGwanGwan
just seen that soundcloud now supports groups...

how about starting up a 60x60 group on soundcloud?
Tza Wrote:just seen that soundcloud now supports groups...

you'll have to sell it a bit more, as i'm not sure what the point of that would be, tbh

Baffled

soundcloud though Falcon

i'll be accepting entries via my soundcloud dropbox for anyone that would like to do that instead of rapidshare or whatever.
mattrick Wrote:
Paradigm X Wrote:[Image: ah+go+on.jpg]

GwanGwanGwan

[Image: father-jack1.jpg]
mattrick Wrote:

you'll have to sell it a bit more, as i'm not sure what the point of that would be, tbh

Baffled

soundcloud though Falcon

i'll be accepting entries via my soundcloud dropbox for anyone that would like to do that instead of rapidshare or whatever.

the Groups functions still under development.. they dont even know what functions theyll have yet properly.. so better to wait until its a bit more clear so can know if its of any use.

Mattrick.. how many spots left? i know a couple guys might be interested.
Dialogue dub hot lines under a rain of drum http://www.materializmrecordings.com/
.S.K.A.P.E. Wrote:Mattrick.. how many spots left? i know a couple guys might be interested.

subverts only for preference Xyxthumbs
Statto Wrote:
.S.K.A.P.E. Wrote:Mattrick.. how many spots left? i know a couple guys might be interested.

subverts only for preference Xyxthumbs

racist

Teef
mattrick Wrote:

Baffled

soundcloud though Falcon

not sure what I was thinking really, just a place where we could drop off the finished tracks, and that other people involved could have a listen..
Tza Wrote:other people involved could have a listen..

Nahhhh!
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Paradigm X Wrote:being no musician would be an advantage for this !

some good advice here

[Image: dnb.jpg]
Paradigm X Wrote:being no musician would be an advantage for this !

On the basis of that, can I be in? It's not that I'm Not 'not a musician', although I am not a musician Teef, just only been doing my thing for about 5 minutes.

And you can ditch it if my effort turns out to be shit Xyxthumbs
Macc Wrote:
Tza Wrote:other people involved could have a listen..

Nahhhh!

Other people who haven't submitted then, could listen to tunes which are already submitted?

No Thumbd

That'd spoil the whole fun!
Exactly!
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
mattrick
TVG
dgoHn
Ben Kei
socialengineer
Macc
Hovver
.S.K.A.P.E.
Euphony
rondema
cube
dee bee one
Shiva
Paradigm X
morphy
cordani
dsp
ceremony
djneils
Fada
Logos
JayDoubleU
littleNemo
Wilshy
markgabba
cycom
infest
harness
SpeaK
Eunomius
noisemonkey
DJFracture
fonik
Madcap
Wilsh & Madcap
Stacks
mono_sono
davetrax
Fushara
Tza
choolder
beckett
greenleaf
strike
scart ridge
dionysus
profane
nathan ball
cellodism x
adist
haxhi

51 so far!
very nearly there then.....!

mentioned this earlier to mike (brains behind our band) - he signed up on here not too long ago as he's getting interested in decent dnb and already quite into electronic stuff. We discussed maybe doing a collab together for this.... we do odd instrumental bits together outside of the band and were thinking it'd be nice to maybe do one under the mechanical owl name, would this be alright, if we were struggling to get 60 artists in on this?

very keen to not be solely associated with 'guitar bands' etc Roll

cheers, maff
heres my only concern about the whole thing....

this time, non of those fucking songs by artists that have just been cut down to 60 seconds and then you hear the full song being released a month later Roll

that really spoiled the last one for me

they have to be 60 seconds of original music soley intended for the project
Fada Wrote:heres my only concern about the whole thing....

this time, non of those fucking songs by artists that have just been cut down to 60 seconds and then you hear the full song being released a month later Roll

that really spoiled the last one for me

they have to be 60 seconds of original music soley intended for the project

Only recently caught the original one, and thought it was decent - but yeah, I agree that's a bit crap if some of the submissions are just a cut-down intro or section from another track....

well into the idea of doing something effective within the time limit - it should be a challenge to sort of represent yourself without having too much time to dick around Xyxthumbs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE CRITERION RECORDS 012 NEW RELEASE CHAMPA B & RETURN II Alexander Kozakopoulos 2 2,778 17th June 2016, 17:00
Last Post: firefinga
  SC 60x60 Volume 2 mattrick 113 33,678 28th November 2015, 22:42
Last Post: Muttley
  Imminent Starvation Statto 6 2,777 17th June 2011, 17:11
Last Post: Statto
  Subvert Central presents: 60x60 Jason oS 111 23,036 12th March 2008, 12:30
Last Post: Macc
  I am in very imminent danger of... DJFracture 5 2,676 11th March 2008, 22:58
Last Post: B