How shall we do this?
Same rules as the 1st time, that is, no rules other than each track must be 60 secs in length.
65.31%
Everyone upload a small sample pack, to get combined into 1 big sample pack for the source material.
10.20%
Use original 60x60 for all sounds or use the original for inspiration if you don't use a sampler.
4.08%
Tracks must use original SC 60x60 for all sounds except drums, which you are free to add.
8.16%
Remix or reinterpret one track from the original - free choice of track
6.12%
Remix or reinterpret one track from the original - randomly designated track
6.12%
49 vote(s)
* You voted for this item.

SC:60x60 II - Release imminent

745 Replies, 238030 Views

Right then.

In case you somehow missed it, here's some background:

In July 2007 Jason oS, having been inspired by witnessing something similar at a music conference, proposed a creative project for the members of SC. The idea was simple: create an hour long continuous piece of music comprised of 60 one-minute tracks, by 60 different artists.

So, organised by Jason and Paradigm X, we did it. Macc stuck it all together and coated it in SC Mastering Magic™. We got some cool artwork and a snazzy webpage. Released on the 60th day of 2008, it was all pretty awesome. Then everyone gave themselves a well deserved pat on the back.

The original thread is here

The end result is here

Some of us have decided we'd like to do it again now, and there are others that missed the first one, but feel that we should probably change it up a bit this time. We also need a lot more interested parties than we have at present.

I've made a poll to determine the rules for this one, so please cast your vote, and post in this thread if you want to get involved. Everyone is welcome.

The options in the poll have come from the more sensible suggestions put forward as we discussed doing it again, at the end of the original thread. We've already got it down to 6 options, with one constant - the tracks must be 60 seconds long. The boat for totally new ideas has gone. Unless it's REAALLY good Teef.

Please sign up again in this thread, even if you already did so in the other thread, so it's easier to keep track of. Kisskiss

Ok! Get up! Get into it! Get involved!

UPDATE Feb 19 2011: RELEASE COMING THIS WEEKEND!

SORRY FOR THE RIDICULOUSNESS

Pasty

voted Xyxthumbs
Wave
Hello.

I'll play again.

Don't mind what rules we go with. Grin
Voted and signing up! Grin
Voted but not sure if I can participate Neutral
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
sounds interesting - never really got round to checking the original one, so will have a look now, cheers for the links....

i voted for the same rule as last time, as it just seems a lot simpler/makes sense (esp without having any knowledge of the first one).

Couple of questions - does anything go with this? ie, can it be any style you want, or are there boundaries?

if there isn't (which i'm hoping), how does everything get put together - is that what bob did, decide on the running order etc? would be cool to hear something sound coherent in one way but then i also like the idea of a mish mash of mental ideas and different approaches, just wondering how this is handled...Baffled

gonna check the other one now, to try and get my head round it all Hahaha

def up for this though
The running order was decided by Jason oS and Ben PDX, I just did the sonics bit and stuck it all together.

Man how times have changed since then. Seems like a lifetime ago.
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
just checking the original now, this is ace! def appreciated by my short attention span, and also marked for the next time i have a (rare) smoke again Hahaha

listening to this there obviously wasn't any rules the first time round - this makes the most sense, to me... a 60 second rule is surely the least restrictive. it's just a perfect snapshot of people's very personal ideas, at that time.... not really convinced how samplepacks or basing stuff around the previous 60x60 would be beneficial, musically?
looks good.. im keen to give it a go.
re the rules: probably the less the better, but some kind of collaborative angle would be good sample wise.
any restrictions on style of music?

has any consideration been given to doing it in association with a netlabel; like dbm, pineys or myself?.. to give it some more long lasting exposure & added assitance in promotion.
Dialogue dub hot lines under a rain of drum http://www.materializmrecordings.com/
I'm in, and I've voted

Grin

Nice one Mattrick Cool
Wave
In this time.
Macc Wrote:Voted but not sure if I can participate Neutral

Icon_sad really?

.S.K.A.P.E. Wrote:looks good.. im keen to give it a go.
re the rules: probably the less the better, but some kind of collaborative angle would be good sample wise.
any restrictions on style of music?

has any consideration been given to doing it in association with a netlabel; like dbm, pineys or myself?.. to give it some more long lasting exposure & added assitance in promotion.

No restriction on musical style whatsoever Cool

That's an interesting idea Tim Chin. If we did that, I think it would be good if we could not restrict ourselves to just one label. Any extra exposure has to be a good thing, so we should consider it. Anyone else got any thoughts on this?
yeah, would be good if ALL the people doing the label stuff (who would also prob be doing tracks for this) - each promoted it through their sites by hosting it, or at least put up a link to SC with some info about it....
mattrick Wrote:

Icon_sad really?

I ain't got time to sit and program anything these days, even for a one minute thing. Ain't even got time to sleep Lol

BUT I was thinking about it, and I might write a 1-minute piece on the cornet and record that Smile
Hovver Wrote:.... not really convinced how samplepacks or basing stuff around the previous 60x60 would be beneficial, musically?

These were suggested to give it a new angle and some added challenge, but perhaps it doesn't need any of that... The end result would probably be better without those restrictions, yeah Lol
Macc Wrote:
mattrick Wrote:

Icon_sad really?

I ain't got time to sit and program anything these days, even for a one minute thing. Ain't even got time to sleep Lol

FairplayHugs Maybe we will have to kidnap you and lock you in a studio for a few days.

Macc Wrote:BUT I was thinking about it, and I might write a 1-minute piece on the cornet and record that Smile

do eeet Bigstick
Macc Wrote:BUT I was thinking about it, and I might write a 1-minute piece on the cornet and record that Smile

talk about blowing your own trumpet Teef
mattrick Wrote:FairplayHugs Maybe we will have to kidnap you and lock you in a studio for a few days.

I AM locked in the studio for days Hahaha
would love to be in this time Icon_yippee
i quite like the idea of some kind of common sound to run through all the tracks .. maybe a set of 4/5 samples from one of the original tracks from last time that people should use at least one of ...

having said that it worked well last time without restrictions so that would be equally cool
Macc Wrote:
mattrick Wrote:FairplayHugs Maybe we will have to kidnap you and lock you in a studio for a few days.

I AM locked in the studio for days Hahaha

then i guess we'll just have to ruin your reputation Teef
Could we have some more people voting for the last option please :P

We've done the first option already, that's soooo 2008 Teef
I'm in. Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE CRITERION RECORDS 012 NEW RELEASE CHAMPA B & RETURN II Alexander Kozakopoulos 2 2,778 17th June 2016, 17:00
Last Post: firefinga
  SC 60x60 Volume 2 mattrick 113 33,678 28th November 2015, 22:42
Last Post: Muttley
  Imminent Starvation Statto 6 2,777 17th June 2011, 17:11
Last Post: Statto
  Subvert Central presents: 60x60 Jason oS 111 23,036 12th March 2008, 12:30
Last Post: Macc
  I am in very imminent danger of... DJFracture 5 2,676 11th March 2008, 22:58
Last Post: B