For The Ambient Lovers...review and mixtape archive 001

945 Replies, 876599 Views

As the last week's regulars activity will have shown, I've been lurking unlogged most days on SC for a week or two. I need to take stock every now and then, and the bonus is lots of other people's daily contributions to the forum become more visible.

Here is a forum outsider, the local Oxon mag editor, recommending Muttley something that other readers should be interested in, too...
"Hey fella, thought this might appeal to you if you haven’t seen it already - http://thump.vice.com/en_ca/article/10-h...ource=dmfb "
If you're too lazy to click links atm, it's basically a 10 hour arctic ambient recording on youtube with lots of ship sounds as far as I can tell - I will check this soon, I'm just having a day of recovering from a Fosters beer allergy that like most things in life, I forgot.

It also lead us to revisit the David Tagg & Brian Grainger Sleeping Pills Series. I'm unsure how much of this is publically available, but I can stream 48 20 minute versions of it on Bandcamp - take this link:

https://21mg.bandcamp.com/album/pillbox-a-g

The Pillbox USB version sold out very quickly; made to order packages with individual-to-buyer faux-prescription labels. On the sticks was 8 hours of seemingly generative music, similar to the release "The Endless Change Of Colour" by Marsen Jules.

More interest in long form at present here. A lot of tracks flutter away before they really have chance to grow...

Messages In This Thread
RE: For The Ambient Lovers...review and mixtape archive 001 - by Muttley - 11th February 2017, 22:02

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For The Closcrete Lovers...review and mixtape archive 001 Muttley 43 53,790 1st September 2021, 13:21
Last Post: Muttley
  For The Electronica Lovers...review and mixtape archive 001 Muttley 81 94,533 19th September 2020, 10:30
  Soundscape lovers - AGN / Hibernate collaboration CD Muttley 11 19,647 7th June 2019, 12:09
  Toronto Rave Mixtape Archive firefinga 2 6,495 12th September 2017, 11:35
Last Post: EdwardSullivan63
  For Lovers of AMEN! NoodeL 9 13,487 17th January 2017, 18:22
Last Post: MetaLX