For The Electronica Lovers...review and mixtape archive 001

81 Replies, 95291 Views

FTEL 006 - November 2012

Bazaar - Op-Ep-Requiem
Metanoia 015 netlabel download

[Image: META015.jpg?cnt=0]

Price up to a potshot; I'm clicking a heat dispenser, easing the rough spot. I find it incredibly draining, showering under a livid blotchiness; dishevelled gravity station on apartheid. A gloriously gloopy, non-garish, emulsifyingly fluid beat and synthesizer rail service, tracked spendthrift like a small kid in a chocolate factory - waiting line, Bazaar integrate the choralism symptomatic of Gregorio Allegri's "Miserere", to push from left to right and back again on the playlist, instead of up and down, in physical or mood-symbolic media maximalism. Each drum has a softblood pressure, that erupts low down in the filtration amidst clatter, natter and rattles. The sense of smell in these tunes for a right rollickin' racket, withholds the framework as abundant in keys, tempo calm and the non-homogenisation of Middle Eastern cultural sounds, with the bogginess of glitch and noise-based Improv. These tendencies are counterpointed on each other in opener "Hypertension" and finale "Heart Failure", as if the heart of the album starts to die in polygamist entry from the very beginning. What remains is an Orbital-esque trance-Techno induction via classic atmospheric 808 State road. Brain food from beyond the sane.

http://archive.org/details/META015_17

Pilote - Do It Now Man
Certificate 18 CD

[Image: Pilote.jpg]

Stuart Pilote's music is naturally exo-thang-ular: it shakes its' beats' syntax like a raunchy handclap at a hen night; while the vocal samples he interjects, seem more self-therapy on all records, than intended idiosyncratic narratives off. "I'm not actually a murderer, but I've felt at some times like killing myself" - I find this a lyric we can all relate to at some point, and trajectory, in our lives. The key to a great listen, is that Pilote doesn't labour emotion, or do the crocodile tears melody tricks lesser deep individuals try shoehorning down mass media throats. I bought this CD from the ever-reliable impeccable taste-maestro Statto in 2006 when Selectadisc Nottingham was open - hasn't left my memory since.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Pilote

Soul Delay - Threshold / Float [wanted by me for Certificate 18]
Unsigned tracks

[Image: p.jpg]

Keyboard workhorse with relaxed, welcoming exterior rhythmicism, spiralling like visors on a motorcycle in a thunderstorm, angularly optic, hipnotic aka Soul Delay got his start via the now-golden 15 Minutes Of Fame Mix Series Pt.3 - "Shades Of Everlasting", by Muttley. Signed to Subtle Audio after, "Ustad spiralled viral amounts of tracks, beginning with a terrific understatement - a possible B side in "Threshold", a whirling dervish of pulverizing Assembly Line and Tighten Up breaks.

Paragliding through the multiverse of relevance, on a turtle's release, I received a letter through from Counter Intelligence label concerning running the Certificate 18 imprint after its mid-noughties hiatus. I'd love to do that, and these two tracks by Soul Delay would be a deserved double A-side. Hipnotic formed part of the band Keiretsu, programming drums, and playing with saxophone parts. On the two tracks here, the story continues at a much deeper level.

"Float" is all Turkish-mixulative percussion sprinkled with This Mortal Coil's Liz Frazer on the simulative chorus. Builds are heavy like a pig's trough, ready to snuffle for truffles with the consecutive, and asymmetric, pairing with "Threshold". The outro speaks a long-lost neo-junglist language - reversed 16ths of quantization simmer, over dirt-nosed bass that crusts over the quarks, and belly-dives you straight into complex heaven.

http://www.myspace.com/souldelayuk

Messages In This Thread
For The Electronica Lovers...review and mixtape archive 001 - by Muttley - 25th November 2012, 18:49

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  For The Ambient Lovers...review and mixtape archive 001 Muttley 945 886,691 2nd March 2022, 20:38
Last Post: Statto
  For The Closcrete Lovers...review and mixtape archive 001 Muttley 43 54,299 1st September 2021, 13:21
Last Post: Muttley
  Soundscape lovers - AGN / Hibernate collaboration CD Muttley 11 19,799 7th June 2019, 12:09
Last Post: Muttley
  Toronto Rave Mixtape Archive firefinga 2 6,537 12th September 2017, 11:35
Last Post: EdwardSullivan63
  For Lovers of AMEN! NoodeL 9 13,645 17th January 2017, 18:22
Last Post: MetaLX