Evil Robots Attacking Me?... punk, metal, hardcore

1926 Replies, 1347721 Views

^^  I like that, good stuff   Xyxthumbs

There's a new Sebadoh album.  "Act Suprised".  It is very rawk and pop. I like it.

http://smarturl.it/Sebadoh

https://sebadohfire.bandcamp.com/album/act-surprised

Sebadoh used to freak me out. I mean.. Dinosaur Jr was legit mesmerizing and all back when - via the Homestead / SST Records, free form, divergent, acid & weed infused, literal, sincere, late 80's post-hardcore era.  Music made under the influence, enjoyed under some influence or other, for sure. Free form psychedelia, distortion, melody, fuzz. It was great. Sebadoh took it to another plane. It was really messed up music to sit and listen to early on. Sebadoh literally scared me for a bit. 

But then you have to understand Lou Barlow. I got it after a while. I was less threatened, the nuances made sense. I was at peace with Sebadoh, and I wasn't doing acid anymore anyway.  I heard "Skull" on the radio a few weeks ago. I realized how much I love that song.

Lou Barlow is great to witness live. Jason Loewenstein has always been the yin to the yang. You can see where it all came from. It is all very real, intact, and relatable. Lou's low slung bass, punching the strings, hair in the face, hunched over the mic. I get it.  

As the haze lifted, Sebadoh no longer threaten me. Sebadoh were no longer the skewed, twisted, psychedelic temptation of their early days. Sebadoh simply rock.

Welcome back.  Smile  

[Image: a1668678366_10.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Any World Worth Saving... punk, metal, hardcore - by +ToRMeNT+ - 4th July 2019, 20:18

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  20 favourite post punk (new wave) LPs Statto 71 53,594 10th January 2024, 14:06
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  [Theory & Premise] "Progressive House" is Entirely Post-Punk +ToRMeNT+ 71 51,627 8th March 2023, 22:27
Last Post: thirdform
  31 Days of Post Punk Statto 34 6,829 31st May 2022, 07:21
Last Post: Statto
  post punk documentary Statto 0 1,009 11th February 2022, 15:02
Last Post: Statto
  Queer as Punk Statto 1 5,036 31st July 2017, 00:36
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+