former subvert roll call

69 Replies, 51879 Views

Fatherblue has being doing fabulous film sound design

Fracture is a serious player in dnb, dubstep and such, with releases on Metalheadz

:ufoovereasy: is a globe-trotting DJ (Ben UFO) representing Hessle Audio

but mostly this thread is for :logos: who is a big guy in instrumental grime, and has just graduated to improv noise as part of The Sprawl

check this out:

http://www.juno.co.uk/artists/The+Sprawl/

Falcon

who'd have thought it? Smile
Is that a play on the word 'role?'

Nice, I bet Naphta should be mentioned in this thread as well? Out saving the world!
(16th December 2015, 00:49)MetaLX Wrote: Is that a play on the word 'role?'

no, it was a typo Oops

Fairy
Well that was a fun bit of audio. Smile
(16th December 2015, 07:25)InfiniteSloth Wrote: Well that was a fun bit of audio. Smile

Twothumbs
Stumbled upon a remix by Logos letting Spotify play random stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH3hpk9FpDM
(16th December 2015, 00:40)Statto Wrote: Fatherblue has being doing fabulous film sound design

Fracture is a serious player in dnb, dubstep and such, with releases on Metalheadz

:ufoovereasy: is a globe-trotting DJ (Ben UFO) representing Hessle Audio

but mostly this thread is for :logos: who is a big guy in instrumental grime, and has just graduated to improv noise as part of The Sprawl

check this out:

http://www.juno.co.uk/artists/The+Sprawl/

Falcon

who'd have thought it? Smile

ez Statto. I'm glad you like the Sprawl.

I found my 4cd Anthology of Noise and Electronic Music you copied for me a few years back the other day.

When I first heard it I thought most of it was unlistenable. Now I sit and dream away to Parmegiani and Xenakis all day Falcon
(7th March 2016, 17:02)Logos Wrote: ez Statto. I'm glad you like the Sprawl.  

I found my 4cd Anthology of Noise and Electronic Music you copied for me a few years back the other day.

When I first heard it I thought most of it was unlistenable. Now I sit and dream away to Parmegiani and Xenakis all day Falcon

I have all seven volumes of that, which (I think) is 15 CDs worth

Falcon

ps hello there Wave

pps check #383 here: http://subvertcentral.com/forum/showthre...?tid=59434 Wink
anyone who feels I missed them out can post below 201tongue
(19th December 2016, 14:36)Statto Wrote: anyone who feels I missed them out can post below 201tongue

I'm now a parent! Is by far the most amazing creative thing I ever did!

... I have also been supplying factory patches for Dave Smith Instruments Synths (OB-6 and Pro-2) and released a few commercial patch banks through www.boxedear.co.uk

Rob Strike and I released some downtempo type music under the name Two Quiet Suns a few years back but have more recently reignited the drum n bass flame.

I also scored a movie in 2012 (Home Sweet Home - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2069798/ )

If anyone actually remembers who I am anyway... HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
(19th December 2016, 14:44)bobule Wrote: I'm now a parent! Is by far the most amazing creative thing I ever did!

... I have also been supplying factory patches for Dave Smith Instruments Synths (OB-6 and Pro-2) and released a few commercial patch banks through www.boxedear.co.uk

Rob Strike and I released some downtempo type music under the name Two Quiet Suns a few years back but have more recently reignited the drum n bass flame.

I also scored a movie in 2012 (Home Sweet Home - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2069798/ )

Congrats on all the above Smile
For News/Audio/Bookings/Videos www.djtrax.wordpress.com
Bobule Wave
(19th December 2016, 14:44)bobule Wrote:
(19th December 2016, 14:36)Statto Wrote: anyone who feels I missed them out can post below 201tongue

I'm now a parent! Is by far the most amazing creative thing I ever did!

Congrats to these fine achievments - and yes I do rememberyou, however you were always the more quiet type Smile
Music critic for the Tally Ho
Wave
Banana
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Need more "where are they nows" in this thread.
The few I know:
Sileni did a million sick tunes he'll never finish, did some crazy travel around the world and is currently playing guitar in one of the most important HC/Punk/Grind bands of all time SIEGE, as well as a really sick underrated death/grind/thrash band called BRAIN FAMINE: https://brainfamine.bandcamp.com/

LXC is working as a cutter at a giant german record pressing plant, still putting out cool music.

Brett/ Offshore started the super hip bike brand DESOTO & GAGE, of sriracha water bottle fame (as ripped off by urban outfitters or some other big company)

Code does a jungletrain show right before me and Tim Reaper, every other Sunday, terrible slot for us but will still be a bit sad if we ever move it Smile

ML I saw in jungletrain chat recently and promptly mistook for Hades  Oops
(( ^^.... SIEGE.... an active band again?? noted! Smile ))
(19th December 2016, 14:44)bobule Wrote: I'm now a parent! Is by far the most amazing creative thing I ever did!

Applause Icon_exclaim

(21st December 2016, 03:22)devnull Wrote: Need more "where are they nows" in this thread.

true!

devnull Wrote:The few I know:
Sileni did a million sick tunes he'll never finish, did some crazy travel around the world and is currently playing guitar in one of the most important HC/Punk/Grind bands of all time SIEGE, as well as a really sick underrated death/grind/thrash band called BRAIN FAMINE: https://brainfamine.bandcamp.com/

Knew he was playing guitar and heard an impressive demo way back, but didn't know he continued to play in bands Falcon Need to check it out!

devnull Wrote:LXC is working as a cutter at a giant german record pressing plant, still putting out cool music.
Also has a small boy named Malik (5 years old)

devnull Wrote:Brett/ Offshore started the super hip bike brand DESOTO & GAGE, of sriracha water bottle fame (as ripped off by urban outfitters or some other big company)
Just found out yesterday. Great looking designs!

Quote:Code does a jungletrain show right before me and Tim Reaper, every other Sunday, terrible slot for us but will still be a bit sad if we ever move it Smile

Xyxthumbs

Martsman is still producing, also father to two children, Martha should be about 5 or 6, and a boy named Grischa who's 1,5 years I think. He's also still running Weevil Neighborhoud (his label) and just released on Pinecone Moonshine. Haven't spoken to him in about a year, need to change that asap. Last thing I know is he worked as a social media marketing consultant.

Bob Macc, as most of you probably know, is continuing to provide excellent work as a mastering engineer for a myriad of clients including big names like DJ Shadow and labels like Rephlex or BabyGrande.

Lawrie just told me he's working in Internet Security and enjoying life.

Myself, 4 children, a girl (12), twin boys (9) and another boy (2,5) - busy working on software (digital signage), just completed work on the Elbphilharmonie, just recently found fun in making music again, got into Ableton Live after being stuck with NI Maschine for a while and not being able to complete any songs due to lack of sequencing power in Maschine and lack of discipline on my behalf, now ordered a Push 2 as my personal christmas present and really looking forward to it Icon_yippee

As much as everyone hates the "been there, done that" talk, I'm really interested in what people are doing these days. And how many of us have become parents etc.

MetalX? Still working as an English teacher on Hawaii?
Dan ESB? Still doing his legendary radioshow?
Statto? Still on the chess tip?

the list goes on ...
(16th December 2015, 00:49)MetaLX Wrote: Nice, I bet Naphta should be mentioned in this thread as well? Out saving the world!

What's that about?
Mr J Digital esquire (Original Digibeat head honcho) now lives in Perth, Australia

Wilsh runs a small animal b+b for migrating Long Wattled Umbrellabird's and socially reclusive platypuses
2 kids. Still doing a radio show and occasional DJ slots.
I work in design/advertising stuff.
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]
Dan ESB? Still doing his legendary radioshow?

Ran into Dan in London back in November while he was on a small tour of Europe and I was over for Rupture. Not doing his show atm, but just moved back to Toronto after being out on the west side of Canada. Smile
Ricky force is still producing and landed a proper release on the revived Flex label this autumn Drums
Music critic for the Tally Ho
(21st December 2016, 13:05)cycom Wrote: Martsman is still producing, also father to two children, Martha should be about 5 or 6, and a boy named Grischa who's 1,5 years I think. He's also still running Weevil Neighborhoud (his label) and just released on Pinecone Moonshine. Haven't spoken to him in about a year, need to change that asap. Last thing I know is he worked as a social media marketing consultant.

What Thomas said Xyxthumbs Icon_yippee

Geez i still need to get used to forums again. Good to be back here, though. Wave
Wave Really nice to hear what everyone is doing. Congrats bobule, cycom, martsman on being parents, me too now, have a 3 year old boy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MIX Now That's What I Call Subvert Central (Muttley Subverts Mix) Muttley 16 14,210 23rd May 2019, 14:53
Last Post: Muttley
  Rupture Roll Call antidote uk 27 8,101 12th December 2009, 14:37
Last Post: king ellsmore
  Big Subvert pissup - venue and roll call Macc 83 19,387 1st December 2009, 14:28
Last Post: Ornette
  Ichi Roll Call thush-ara 46 10,565 6th June 2009, 06:19
Last Post: dice
  Subvert Role Call. Next Tuesday @ Cargo. Ashes 16 5,896 11th September 2008, 22:50
Last Post: Ashes