Create an account

[-]
Tags
ride seagull

Thread Contributor: cycomRide - Seagull

Ok, it's a tad long, but damn ... still one of the most hard-hitting yet majestic sounding songs ever recorded (to me at least) Falcon Drums

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF0FO5riglY

Falcon

"Decay", "Dreams Burn Down" and "Nowhere" are metal to me

Cool

There's a new Ride 2017 lp "Weather Diaries" dropping in June.

I don't mind the new song "Charm Assault" from the new lp

tedious shoegaze rubbish Icon_razz

this is longer, more rocking, and just totally better in every way:

Falcon

^^ in a way, i agree. heh.

this.

Can't seem to see the other youtube videos (only mine, which I added without the youttube-tag) Neutral Any ideas, why?

shoegaze - shmoegaze. Ride stood out, as MBV did Slayer Smile

Ok, found the link in the source code - Sonic Youth. Yeah, well. Never had much of a thing for them. Much to the dislike of some older friends of mine, who considered them demi-gods. I liked "100%" and "Bull in the Heather", which for my die-hard Sonic Youth fan-friends was them already selling out. Meh. I guess I was just too young then. "Kool Thing" was good, too. Most of the rest not so much. Please feel free to recommend me Sonic Youth in the vein of the aforementioned three songs Teef

In my musical world: Ride > Sonic Youth Yes Icon_razz

I didn't like MBV either Wink

I watched this last night. Awesome set recording.

Live, March 24, 2017.. a couple new tunes, "Charm Assault, "Home is a Feeling", "Drive Blind" as the finale is great. "Seagull" starts @ 10:50 mins in.. etc etc.

Beach Slang do a kickin cover of "Like a Daydream" on their first mixtape cover release from 2015.

https://beachslang.bandcamp.com/album/he...tape-vol-1

[Image: a0186070558_10.jpg]

I like this.

(16th April 2017, 18:00)+ToRMeNT+ Wrote: I watched this last night. Awesome set recording.

Live, March 24, 2017.. a couple new tunes, "Charm Assault, "Home is a Feeling", "Drive Blind" as the finale is great. "Seagull" starts @ 10:50 mins in.. etc etc.

Still not working for me (youtube links), but I found the videos. Good stuff, thanks! But I'm not sure wether I'd go and see them. It's kinda weird to see old men doing "laddish" voices Hahaha Saw Swervedriver last year (which was suprisingly good), but had the same strange sensation of some obvious mismatch going on.

Whereas Peter Murphy seems to age very well ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amMztp1y4i4

A pretty neat version of a nigh impossible song to cover. Trent Reznor sort of f*cks the second vocal up a bit, but hey. Still classy.

^^ "laddish voices" ha.  

Personally, I just try to ignore Andy Bell's Oasis band member alter ego   

Oops

Randomly, I had "Kaleidoscope" in my head first thing when I woke up this morning.

Listening to "Nowhere" lp as I post.

Dreams Burn Down ".. but we know we are doomed.."   Basically my anthem right now, k? Slayer

".. waiting, hoping for a sign"...   wall of noise. Repeat!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I had a long plane ride, this is what I listened to MetaLX 2 538 17th June 2016, 19:56
Last Post: MetaLX
  Tattoo kru inside the ride fanu 51 4,346 17th July 2012, 06:07
Last Post: Code
  Ride for the 96 - My charity bike ride (Pls sponsor me and spread the word) subvert 15 1,414 2nd April 2012, 11:39
Last Post: subvert
  RIDE EM COWBOY!! YEEHAA! antidote uk 1 485 6th July 2009, 01:56
Last Post: MetaLX
  Ride denaris 8 716 28th November 2008, 23:34
Last Post: Ashes

Forum software by © MyBB Theme © iAndrew 2016