Hard Hop / Progressive Breaks moments

6 Replies, 6172 Views

An extremely specific era, perhaps short lived sub genre of 90's dance music, which worked great on the floor, in clubs and such.   The Chemical Brothers peaked at their most mainstream, Josh Wink would drop breaks in the middle of a house tune, and Omar Santana was always the don. 

I liked some of it for sure, and it was fun to hear breakbeats in the middle of house sets whenever I went out.  Perhaps Omar Santana was just continuing his own evolution in showing listeners then what all that can be done with hardcore techno vibes, hiphop, freestyle, latin & electro roots, and what can be done with breakbeats in general.    

FUNK. 

i need to get a copy of that Santana "Battle for Planet of the Breaks" mix.  

Santana's Hard Hop Heathen stuff... some classics for sure.

R.I.P Scott Hardkiss...

this tune, memories. bigs.

Hardkiss Brothers... all day.

Bassbin Twins..

20+ years later.. good stuff.  Check the Bassbin Twins bandcamp as well for unearthed tunes from the back catalog and such.

https://bassbintwins.bandcamp.com/album/vaults-vol-1

loving that "Dead Beats Dad - Bassbin Twinned" mix

I fucks with it. Hard.   Xyxthumbs  

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Danny Breaks reviving Hip hop imprint Alphabet Zoo firefinga 5 3,586 9th September 2023, 06:58
Last Post: Statto
  [Theory & Premise] "Progressive House" is Entirely Post-Punk +ToRMeNT+ 71 50,076 8th March 2023, 22:27
Last Post: thirdform
  Progressive Rock Appreciation Thread Unsane 75 25,397 10th November 2022, 05:24
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
Love Hospital Records / Med School Music moments .. ? +ToRMeNT+ 37 24,943 30th May 2017, 17:34
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  RELEASE OUT NOW: THE OHM SERIES - AUDAPTA - MOMENTS OF MAGNITUDE PT.3 (Ohm019) Euphony 0 1,880 29th November 2015, 10:12
Last Post: Euphony