THE DJ PRODUCER

107 Replies, 45210 Views

Icon_eek Icon_eek Icon_eek
The gabba dj?
?

Stacks
as in Ubiquity?
[Image: deathchant200x150.gif]
as in.... the aptly-named markgabba very kindly sent me an introductory 3-cd pack Icon_eek featuring selected highlights from this chap's back catalogue over the last 10 years... i got stuck into it last night, and i must say this producer character has some serious skills... i actually haven't had a blast of hardcore freshness like that from 'dance music' in fucking ages...!!

yes 'dj the producer' makes gabba/hardcore/not-sure-watchercallit.. but holy shit, what skills!! he's got the dynamic sensibilities of liam howlett, engineering skills to rival 95% of d+b producers at least, and a manic inventive restlessness that makes me wish that if d+b had to go all clownish, why couldn't any of it sound even half as mental and innovative as this guy? constant changes, so many takes on some really simple ideas... he manages to deliver gabba's trademark bone-crunching payload while still packing in loads of detail and atmospherics along the way. in short, i'm well impressed!

big up markgabba, yer cds are on the way! Xyxthumbs
Wave Kisskiss
Co..Cou...Could you possibly rewind and come again?
b Wrote:Wave Kisskiss

:d Drums
I reckon Alphie O'Mega must be onto The Producer... some of his more manic schizo productions are definitely operating in a similar area - if not, then you need to check him, Alphie you old bollox!!!
erm any chance i could hear some of this sickness?
i even play non-dnb stuff out during my sets anyway already....

Kisskiss
http://www.planet-mu.com/

Go to artists...
john doe Wrote:erm any chance i could hear some of this sickness?

Kisskiss

It's great stuff John... but be warned, heavy-as-fuck... and not in the least bit 'tasteful'!

But I reckon if you can dig dancehall, you can dig this...
logos Wrote:http://www.planet-mu.com/

go to artists...

oh yes!

the mu Xyxthumbs
Got some Twisted Hahaha beats for you tonight Lawrie!

also:

http://www.deathchant.com/
nice werk Logos Cool

must pick up some hellfish, now that you've reminded me. heard some stuff of his the other week Icon_eek
Naphta Wrote:
john doe Wrote:erm any chance i could hear some of this sickness?

Kisskiss

It's great stuff John... but be warned, heavy-as-fuck... and not in the least bit 'tasteful'!

But I reckon if you can dig dancehall, you can dig this...

tastefull is for people who listen to classical music! Teef
john doe Wrote:tastefull is for people who listen to classical music! Teef

Lol

NO! 'Tasteful' is for people who listen to Classical Music - but FOR THE WRONG REASONS!
Hmmm, I think I'm getting old - just sounds like fecking noise to me! Smile

I did catch the Producer's sets a lot in my younger days - and his B2B sets with Scorpio were a joy to behold!
paulreset Wrote:Hmmm, I think I'm getting old - just sounds like fecking noise to me! Smile

I did catch the Producer's sets a lot in my younger days - and his B2B sets with Scorpio were a joy to behold!

Out with yer zimmerframe then Paulreset old bean! Twisted

Nahr, I'm a newbie to this Producer fellow, so I can't vouch for any of his other stuff, but the strike rate on the CDs sent me by Markgabba is high indeed!
Naphta Wrote:

Lol

NO! 'Tasteful' is for people who listen to Classical Music - but FOR THE WRONG REASONS!

i.e. people who listen to classic FM.
Naphta Wrote:

Lol

SCHMUCKSSS Teef
Naphta Wrote:Out with yer zimmerframe then Paulreset old bean! Twisted

Hehe - anything with a straight 4/4 kickdrum pattern over about 140BPM sounds insane to me these days! Smile
God ONLY knows how I frequented a club called Nosebleed back in the mid 90s! Smile
I've got a few tapes of sets from Producer, Scorpio etc from a club called North - they are pretty good Scopezombie
naphta Wrote:as in.... the aptly-named markgabba very kindly sent me an introductory 3-cd pack Icon_eek featuring selected highlights from this chap's back catalogue over the last 10 years... i got stuck into it last night, and i must say this producer character has some serious skills... i actually haven't had a blast of hardcore freshness like that from 'dance music' in fucking ages...!!

yes 'dj the producer' makes gabba/hardcore/not-sure-watchercallit.. but holy shit, what skills!! he's got the dynamic sensibilities of liam howlett, engineering skills to rival 95% of d+b producers at least, and a manic inventive restlessness that makes me wish that if d+b had to go all clownish, why couldn't any of it sound even half as mental and innovative as this guy? constant changes, so many takes on some really simple
big up markgabba, yer cds are on the way! Xyxthumbs

jesus christ naphter!! we played you a shitload of deathchant and producer stuff in the studio about 3 or 4 years ago!!!! i think we even dropped a hellfish and producer tune at bassbin once!!

good to see you finally got the moths out of yer ears though! Wink
paulreset Wrote:Hehe - anything with a straight 4/4 kickdrum pattern over about 140BPM sounds insane to me these days! Smile
God ONLY knows how I frequented a club called Nosebleed back in the mid 90s! Smile

Hmmm... it ain't THAT fast though... Lots of half speed stuff on these CDs I got too, plus filtery breaks and whatnot... And to be honest, I'd sooner this gear than straight-up 2-step 175bpm drum n bass any day of the week!!! At least this music is unashamedly gabbified and ain't pretending to be something it ain't!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE OUT NOW - ESCHATON - AM PRODUCER 02 (Advection Music) Euphony 6 5,232 29th December 2017, 13:48
Last Post: Euphony
  El-B and DJ producer videos in Computer music droid 14 9,382 2nd April 2017, 13:25
Last Post: firefinga
  DJ Equipment Producer Vestax Bankrupt firefinga 1 3,388 14th December 2014, 20:06
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  ASC- massively under-recognised producer? Utopian 36 7,169 19th May 2009, 14:34
Last Post: Utopian
  Favourite drum and bass producer ever for you Utopian 65 7,348 13th February 2009, 21:16
Last Post: Utopian