GangStarr - Daily Operation

23 Replies, 3359 Views

While we're on the subject of hip hop, pulled my copy of this out the other day.....

What an album.

Premier is the daddy.
WHAT AN LP!!!!

I heard this in Rough Trade years & years ago.... amazing production - wicked tunage throughout!!
premier, best producer in hiphop ever!
premo certainly is the man. Had the privilage of seeing gangstarr, public enemy, epmd on the same bill when i was nought but a nipper! So thats dj's premier, terminator x and scratch all on the same night!
karbonkid Wrote:premier, best producer in hiphop ever!

Roll mmm, he's got some nice tracks though,
i like the No more mr nice guy album
best producer in hiphop Ichi!!!! :P
premier is the king of hiphop even though his style does not change a great deal , i think 10% of my hiphop collection is premier

Ganstarr Fullclip is THE tune, im always cutting up on the decks with 2 copies that tune,

latest album was good too,

classic hiphop
Step In The Arena & Daily Operation were definately the pinnacle of G.S's career IMO.... after that they went down the route of tack like so many others!

Moment Of Truth is pure cheese man! they pull in too many outsiders for shouts etc... and phone messages - they seem obsessed (like 'so many others' Hahaha ) about including snippets of pointless messages on there, as if to interest and enthuse the listener Grumble
can't say if checked Moment Of Truth, i usually get the reissues of early underground stuff things bits that i have not heard on albums, theres a whole load of stuff out there , shame i can't rember any of the names might have to bust some out when im at home get some names
Sir Loris Of Crowthorne Wrote:they seem obsessed (like 'so many others' Hahaha ) about including snippets of pointless messages on there, as if to interest and enthuse the listener Grumble

Hahaha
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
I love gangstarr could listen to that stuff all day... jazz thing !!

and the mass apeal track does it for me.. instrumental
the kings, nuff said

Smile
Scott La Rock is the king!, Roll mmm, was the king!
come on we all know ELVIS is the real king Hahaha
Gangstarr - From X To Next!!!!!!
Once Everything Drops To Point Zero, It All Starts Over Again
primo is the fucking man no doubt...

i saw gangstarr not long ago for the owners tour. not really feeling that album, but my favourite track they have done and easily the tune of the night was 'full clip' one of the best yet.

i'll metaphorically snipe ya
i never liked ya

Falcon
Bubonic + studio tracks = Forsaken

Latest track:

One Life Left by Forsaken (192 MP3)
Breaky orchestral sheez.
Sumo Wrote:premo certainly is the man. Had the privilage of seeing gangstarr, public enemy, epmd on the same bill when i was nought but a nipper! So thats dj's premier, terminator x and scratch all on the same night!

I saw that line up at the academy in Brixton donkeys ago, best hip-hop gig ever.
I think there are some mc's that just sound good over anything............

I mean Guru.......his voice is timeless, jazzmatazz wasn't the best produced album but it works so well becuase of his monotone laid back style.

Same can be said of Chuck D......mans a legend. Had the honour of him replying to a mail I sent him, its nice when people are down to earth like that.......

Who could you compare guru and chuck d to in todays artists.....is it possible? Icon_question
Premier did one of my favourite beats for Jeru the Damaja, but on the note who's the best producer I'd rather write something about how guru and premier have maintained their level over the years.
Spectraz Wrote:Premier did one of my favourite beats for Jeru the Damaja, but on the note who's the best producer I'd say something about guru and premier and their level they have maintained over the years.

And next up on the mike jeru the damaja........why don't you step up to the mike and tell them why your the man??

That one?
"the king of monotone" Lol

primo rulez

yadda yadda yadda...

Teef

above the clouds...
send fi de hacksaw[Image: archangel-michael-holy-card.jpg]
INITIAL Wrote:
Spectraz Wrote:Premier did one of my favourite beats for Jeru the Damaja, but on the note who's the best producer I'd say something about guru and premier and their level they have maintained over the years.

And next up on the mike jeru the damaja........why don't you step up to the mike and tell them why your the man??

That one?

Come Clean
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Gangstarr Rocks the spot. If i had to choose it would be close but Hard to Earn is my fave album by them. Although Daily Operation is an extremely close second.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Daily Mash-Up Thread Muttley 6 4,293 10th March 2017, 12:57
Last Post: Muttley
  Seba Secret Operation 024 "JungleMusic/Cloudless" firefinga 0 887 23rd May 2015, 14:42
Last Post: firefinga
  NÃ¥id- Móðir (Seba's Secret Operation Mix) Law 11 1,833 15th August 2012, 18:00
Last Post: Euphony
  Tony Blair on Jon Stewart's Daily Show Naphta 85 23,871 26th December 2011, 13:19
Last Post: Statto
  Daily Mash - Fabio n Grooverider Ornette 4 2,641 21st December 2011, 20:05
Last Post: denaris