Boredom and snacks

8 Replies, 3514 Views

i'm bored.

here's some snacks/munchables that have been making me go Homerdrool recently;

[Image: kettle-ssv.jpg] (that's a pic of the american version of the sea salt and balsamic vinegar flavour)

[Image: 31091.jpg]
not quite right, but somerfield do these mini jam doughnut/ball things and they smash it Hyper

[Image: 005food.jpg]

primary school style! Falcon

[Image: blueberry%20muffin.gif]

blueberry muffin. 'nuff said.
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
I prefer more low-brow crisps like walkers S+V (the best S+V imo). Not a big fan of kettle chips... they're a bit greasy and hard on my delicate mouthy wouth, But definitely with you on eth primary school dinner. None o' them fancy 'apple and wild boar' sausages either... proper tits, lips and bread business.

Stacks
walkers S&V rule.

also Mcoys S&V rock too.
When it comes to 'low brow' S+V there's only one king:

[Image: McCoys-SV.jpg]

Walker's have a decent flavour (not outstanding) but they are definitely one of the more oily crisps out there.........
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
macc Wrote:when it comes to 'low brow' s+v there's only one king:

[Image: mccoys-sv.jpg]

walker's have a decent flavour (not outstanding) but they are definitely one of the more oily crisps out there.........

Yes

mccoys Blue
oh shit!

jelly tots! Falcon Falcon Falcon Falcon Falcon

[Image: jelly%20tots.jpg]
It's the texture though. McCoys are a bit too crunchy and thick for my liking, although they are quite nice and I go for them occasionally. Also they are greasier as they have a much bigger surface area. Tayto (ROI version) S+Vs are good too.

Stacks
IMO if you want something salt & vinegar you're much better off dodging crisps and maybe going for savoury sticks instead

Can't beat a bag of Red Mill savoury sticks Homerdrool
Stacks Wrote:It's the texture though. McCoys are a bit too crunchy and thick for my liking, although they are quite nice and I go for them occasionally. Also they are greasier as they have a much bigger surface area.

Stacks

Sorry - too crunchy and thick? Baffled

Are you some sort of deviant?

And I am afraid, dear Stacks, that Walkers have a much higher grease to surface area ratio than McCoys, as proven by simple experiments involving wiping one's finger around the bag after comsumption (of the contents, not the bag).

But Matt raises a valid point - Bobby's Salt and Vinegar spirals are an extremely light and tasty S+V flavoured snack. A shade better than Red Mill's sticks (although I may be biased for sentimental reasons).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kasugai Milk Candy :drooooool: [Japanese Snacks] 8bits 3 3,486 20th September 2005, 23:45
Last Post: Logos
  Look at these badboy snacks! 8bits 4 4,140 16th March 2005, 15:26
Last Post: 8bits
  Crap snacks noisemonkey 30 17,362 15th March 2005, 17:10
Last Post: Sir Loris of Crowthorne
  who's into snacks round here? Jeremy Beadle 14 6,832 25th February 2005, 17:17
Last Post: Macc
  [snacks] Bananas or oranges? fanu 23 4,262 26th April 2004, 16:50
Last Post: seanie mack