Soundgarden appreciation thread

50 Replies, 20000 Views

For a change, I know what your talking about! Teef Something about it seems quite, well, awkward Lovesmilie
[Image: pezholiodoa.gif]

batfink Wrote:bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK NORK NORK bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK bwabba NORK.
pez Wrote:For a change, I know what your talking about! Teef Something about it seems quite, well, awkward Lovesmilie

Bah! I just tried notating it in text form but it doesn't work Icon_evil

Just count 12341234 over it when it is playing and the main accents are on the 3, then the 2 after next, then the little kick-hat 'fill in' at the end of the 'loop'.

Like this:

1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4 1 2 3 4

(plus there is a hi hat pssshhh after thatlast red 3 and before the following four)

Genius!!!!!

In fact I am going to nick it Lol
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
I'm so going to listen to this album when I get home! Hyper

batfink Wrote:bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK NORK NORK bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK bwabba NORK.
it is the nuts.

as is badmotorfinger, although that sounds a fair bit more 80's Neutral

still rammed jammed full of tunes though Lovesmilie

i started this thread cos drawing flies came into my head on the way to work.

'sitting here like wet ahses with x's in my eyes, and drawing fliiiieeesss' Falcon
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Soundgarden is awesome but imo, all these songs you guys listed don't compare to their golden earlier stuff.

While Superunknown is a decent album, it's not in the same league as the classic Badmotorfinger (1991) and Louder Than Love (1990).

Ultraomega OK (1988) was a great album too.
[Image: gamma.jpg]
wizard Wrote:Soundgarden is awesome but imo, all these songs you guys listed don't compare to their golden earlier stuff.

While Superunknown is a decent album, it's not in the same league as the classic Badmotorfinger (1991) and Louder Than Love (1990).

Gotta agree that Superuk.. is not in the same league as Badmotorfinger
wizard Wrote:Soundgarden is awesome but imo, all these songs you guys listed don't compare to their golden earlier stuff.

Applause

gotta love my "hands all over" 10"

then going back to the early sub pop stuff Blue
soundgarden are piss!! Thumbd

never liked them, horrible stuff.
I was never really into them. They were OK, but a bit too much "hardrock", especially Cornell's voice.
Can't have this thread end on a negative tip! Wink

Yea, forgot to mention the Badmotorfinger album, although Macc's already done "Rusty cage" the honours! Cool And so has the man in black.. what a cover version!

Also liked "Mind Riot" alot off that one.
Gotta agree with pez; looks like Soundgarden are getting play-time tonight! Grin
--
Soundscaping Records | Soundscaping Zine
http://www.soundscaping.net/label | http://www.soundscaping.net
symmetry Wrote:Also liked "Mind Riot" alot off that one.

Used to loooooove playing that on the guitar - did it for my music GCSE exam as I remember....

I did wonder how long it would be before the 'older stuff is better' crew came along Roll

Louder Than Love isn't all that at all IMO.... Certainly hasn't been caned in the same way as BMF and Superunknown. And those two are almost incomparable records - the latter a much drier, more intimate sounding (dare I say grunge?), record than the preceding one. But the songwriting on both is top class. Bet you Wizard and Ashes don't like it cos people knew it and took away 'their' beloved unknown Soundgarden Roll Teef Icon_razz
I think i liked their drummer, this slim blonde guy - good player...sometimes the Led Zep influence was too much...

Liked some tracks though. Baffled
Altered Ego Wrote:Definatly one of my favourite all time bands hence .....

http://www.subvertcentral.com/forum/view...oundgarden

AGREE!!!
Twisted Twisted Twisted
Macc Wrote:Bet you Wizard and Ashes don't like it cos people knew it and took away 'their' beloved unknown Soundgarden Roll Teef :P

nah, i like all the albums.... Blue

and even i'm too young to be one of the original Soundgarden heads Icon_razz

wonder what Bruce Pavit and Jason Poneman think Icon_question
Ashes Wrote:and even i'm too young to be one of the original Soundgarden heads Icon_razz

Icon_eek

Teef
Hahaha
not quite over the hill yet massive Hahaha
Listening to Mailman as we speak. Wicked stuff Lovesmilie

RIP Chris

Lighter
RIP Mr Cornell

Can't believe he is dead.

Soundgarden are one of my favourite bands from my teen years.

Brilliant musician. So many great songs

Icon_cry Lighter

Casual fan of the earliest Soundgarden stuff, and yes Cornell was a gift for music most definitely. Heavy rock music in general wouldn't be in the place that it is in 2017 without Cornell's various offerings & throughout Soundgarden's discography for sure.  As sad as death is, creatively I see a passing as the celebration of one's life, creations, and contributions, etc. A reason to rejoice in memory.

Thanks for the tunes Sir Cornell!     Xyxthumbs

Some great moments indeed! LighterLighterLighter

As with most bands, the early stuff is where it's at...
Nothing after superunknown.
I didn't know either Chris Cornell had a 4 octave vocal range Icon_eek
The first video is by far the best - 1987 / 1988 - Enjoy Lovesmilie

Bloody hell.
The ending of this gave me CHILLS! Icon_eek Applause

Various vids and discussion of Cornell's last Soundgarden show from Wednesday night.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/chris-corne...ck=tsmclip

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Boymerang appreciation thread Jeff Risk 28 21,658 24th September 2023, 01:23
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  Progressive Rock Appreciation Thread Unsane 75 24,801 10th November 2022, 05:24
  emotional amen track appreciation thread scart ridge 125 99,516 22nd August 2022, 08:36
Last Post: Statto
  Frank Zappa Appreciation thread Ed:t 24 6,127 26th October 2021, 09:16
Last Post: Statto
  RELEASE Ryo Kawasaki Appreciation thread +ToRMeNT+ 1 2,735 19th September 2019, 05:46