Digital Mystikz (dubstep/grime/sublow) allnighter 5th March

14 Replies, 1368 Views

DMZ Allnighter Alert
DUBSTEP PIONEERS DIGITAL MYSTIKZ ANNOUNCE CLUB NIGHT DEBUT: DMZ @ 3RD BASE.

Dubstep innovators and John Peel faves Digital Mystikz have unveiled details of their very first event. DMZ takes place Saturday March 5th 2005 at 3rd BASE, St Matthews Church, Brixton.

These DJs represent the cutting edge of the South London dubstep sound. Digital Mystikz and Loefah headline with Sgt Pokes. They are joined on a heavyweight line up by SLT Mob (Rinse FM, Rephlex, Soulja), J Da Flex (1Xtra, Thriller Funk, FWD>>), Kode 9 + Daddi Gee (Hyperdub, Tempa, Rephlex), Plasticman (Terror Rhythm, Rephlex), Youngsta (FWD>>, Rinse FM) and Skream & Chef (Big Apple, Rinse FM).

DMZ will showcase the best in the post-garage hybrid “dubstep.” If grime is the voice of angry urban London, dubstep is its primary echo, the sound of dread bass reflecting off decaying walls. Mixed into this echo are shards of dub reggae, jungle, broken beats, grime, Detroit techno and dark swung 2step. DMZ at 3rd BASE is a chance to experience the bass-heavy fusion in its full Mystical glory.

Digital Mystikz and Loefah exploded onto the scene last year with mesmerising releases on Big Apple, Tempa and their own DMZ label. They were stars of the Grime 2 compilation on Aphex Twin’s Rephlex label. They’ve DJed at dubstep nerve centres club Forward>> and Rinse FM. John Peel was a big fan and they DJed at his Maida Vale tribute night held by Annie Nightingale on Radio 1. DMZ at 3rd BASE: come meditate on bass weight.

DMZ

SATURDAY 5TH MARCH 2005

10 - 6am. 3rd BASE. St. Matthews church. Brixton. SW2.

ENTRY £ 5 (MEMBERS) - e-mail [email protected] for membership. £ 7 (NON MEMBERS)

DIGITAL MYSTIKZ + LOEFAH + SGT POKES
SLT MOB
J DA FLEX
KODE 9 + DADDI GEE
PLASTICMAN
YOUNGSTA
SKREAM & CHEF

SOUND SUPPORTED BY A 12K TURBOSOUND SYSTEM WITH NO LIMITERS.
Online: http://www.dmzuk.com and http://www.hyperdub.com
email: [email protected]
whens the technicality allnighter again ????
Nice lineup Homerdrool
Heres the flyer from Kens post:

[Image: 3368617_654f0f980f_o.jpg]

allnighter is on the 12th March!
Co..Cou...Could you possibly rewind and come again?
that's well cheap for an all night event Xyxthumbs
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/
oh FFS! 2 minutes round the corner and i'm gonna be out the country Icon_sad
gutted is the word you are looking for mate Xyxthumbs
shame hatcha isn't there but still looks wicked!!
dee bee one Wrote:shame hatcha isn't there but still looks wicked!!

I still want to catch a set from Mark One Icon_sad
baaad & smart!! (=dangerous)
Icon123

good luck to that night-defo lookin forward to hittin one when i make it to London!>
Yeh looks great, and until 6am! But yeh, where is the hatcha!

Who is going?
hmmm.....i do beleive i land in the london town on the 5th.

Chin

will i like this?

anyone that knows me or my tastes is welcome to answer.....i really haven't the faintest about this style of music.

it looks good in text format! Teef
love the DMZ stuff I've heard - them fucking basslines
dodz Wrote:hmmm.....i do beleive i land in the london town on the 5th.

Chin

will i like this?

anyone that knows me or my tastes is welcome to answer.....i really haven't the faintest about this style of music.

it looks good in text format! Teef

well if ya dont...bout time mans checked out something new eh?! Wink
Co..Cou...Could you possibly rewind and come again?
Plenty of basslines. Its not really an MC-led music if you don't like them so that should be ok.

I might be abroad for it now though Icon_sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NAKEDLUNCH] march mix for Irish Dubstep.com pressure. 9 2,948 17th March 2010, 08:32
Last Post: St.Man
  2 ESKMO dubstep tunes feat on 'Bay Area Dubstep Vol 1' eskmo 4 3,362 22nd October 2008, 14:05
Last Post: Statto
  Chillax Show mp3s ! July 07-March 08 D&B/Electronica/Dubstep Code 21 2,244 30th April 2008, 16:48
Last Post: Code
  3 hour radio archive - techno, dubstep, grime, garage etc UFO_over_easy 20 5,349 19th October 2007, 13:26
Last Post: UFO_over_easy
  Digital Tunes this weeks dnb&dubstep releases&info! digitaltunes 2 879 30th September 2007, 14:43
Last Post: widzhit