55 Replies, 10072 Views

arcon 2 - 'the beckoning'
YES SIR!

Arcon 2 - The Beckoning

That track has it all.
Source Direct - Yo Bitch
solo - pressure (peshay remix) - mo' wax excursions

this one is always fun to smash shit up with
The Beckoning takes some beating, but so does KJZ, Give The Drummer Some, Jah Know Ya Big, Heavenly Bass etc....
Dunno about all time but one of the first I got was Dylan and Loxy's Retribution...
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/
esb Wrote:solo - pressure (peshay remix) - mo' wax excursions

all the dnb released in this series was awesome - pissed off i've not got more of it actually!
I have absolutely no idea what the term 'rinseout champion' means...... Baffled
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
Macc Wrote:I have absolutely no idea what the term 'rinseout champion' means...... Baffled
I'm even more flummoxed as to what Sproutlore is???
the fanclub/website devoted to robert rankin.

rankin is an author who has been referred to as 'stark raving genius' and 'the drinking man's hg wells' :d

he is bloomin brilliant - ask pez Xyxthumbs
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
macc Wrote:the fanclub/website devoted to robert rankin.

rankin is an author who has been referred to as 'stark raving genius' and 'the drinking man's hg wells' :d

he is bloomin brilliant - ask pez Xyxthumbs
oh yeah, have heard the name but not checked any of his books. reading will self's latest: doctor mukti and other tales of woe at the moment...
scart ridge Wrote:arcon 2 - 'the beckoning'

Got all the Arcon 2 stuff, but I must say I always thought this was over-rated... a bit too much of a guitar solo drum-track.

I much prefer Zorak and 90/90 - both cracking tunes and more effective for being that bit more restrained.
JAH KNOW YOU BIG BIG BIG!!!!!!!!
Wicked avatar Frax!
Sir Loris Of Crowthorne Wrote:
esb Wrote:solo - pressure (peshay remix) - mo' wax excursions

all the dnb released in this series was awesome - pissed off i've not got more of it actually!

totally SLOC. still sound just as fresh as they day they came out.
all ten excursion 12"s are spot on.
naphta Wrote:guitar solo drum-track.

Lovesmilie Yes
Roll
macc Wrote:he is bloomin brilliant - ask pez Xyxthumbs

i can testify that said author is 'bloomin brilliant' Yes

just on the last few chapters of the witches of chiswick, it's ace!

anyway, back on topic, my shout has to go to odd soul by paradox, just love the way the second drop just fires in suddenly - i get goosebumps just thinking about it! Hyper
[Image: pezholiodoa.gif]

batfink Wrote:bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK NORK NORK bwabba bwabba bwabba NORK NORK bwabba NORK.
Macc Wrote:Roll

Wassat for then?
Two of my favourite above tunes would have to be:

Invisible man - The beginning - Timeless recordings
Paradox - Play twice before listening - Droppin science
ufo_over_easy Wrote:
macc Wrote:Roll

wassat for then?

steve vai guitar solo-type wankery in any field Thumbd :yawn
macc Wrote:
ufo_over_easy Wrote:
macc Wrote:Roll

wassat for then?

steve vai guitar solo-type wankery in any field Thumbd :yawn

whatcha talking about? i like drum solos! i don't think arcon 2 qualifies as wankery by any stretch of the imagination.

guitar solo's do rule when they're done well though. check out focus by cynic - crazy jazz metal with great guitar solo's and awe inspiring drumming. i'll aim you some if you like.
i have never been one for drum solos, really. some of them get me going, but it is very very rare - even from guvnors like art blakey, ed thigpen, elvin jones...... just prefer proper beats/rhythms to nonceing about.

why do you think i am so shit on my tom toms? cos i hardly ever use them! too busy playing beats!

spoddy artists = Thumbd

i'd listen to clyde playing the groove from sex machine for an hour over 5 minutes of dave weckl :yawn

re: guitars, john frusciante. end of. he can play as great and as fast as anyone, as i am sure you are aware, but he doesn't need to. he can make one note sound better than 80 berzillion played by someone else.
Dave Weckl is a wanker, so it's not a great surprise that he enjoys drum wankery Smile

I had one of his training videos once, found it in a charity shop for 75p. I watched it once, got pissed off and gave it to a different charity shop.

This cynic stuff has no drum solos though. Just excellent drumming.
I have to disagree with Naphta - as far as I can recall the Beckoning just uses some guitar sounds as atmospherics, if there's any wankery it's in the ahead-of-its-time break manipulation...

Though I do detest Steve Vai style guitar wankery nearly as much as I despise hobbyists who spend thousands on buying guitars and fx so they can sound exactly like (a bad) Steve Vai, or Hank Marvin or whoever (I used to play guitar).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vinyl record sales to top 1 million for first time since 1996 dionysus 5 4,680 23rd October 2014, 23:35
Last Post: Statto
  Last Time in a Record Shop firefinga 13 2,912 25th July 2014, 08:23
Last Post: Statto
  darn day-light savings time. what time is it in the UK? TVG 3 1,625 17th March 2010, 21:32
Last Post: Phokus
  Good breakbeat Record labels? davetrax 24 5,923 20th September 2008, 17:53
Last Post: davetrax
  A random smooth, ruff, hardcore jungle freestyle rinseout... HiddenSound 0 1,651 16th August 2008, 22:41
Last Post: HiddenSound