star05- moody,soulful, melodic roller.

4 Replies, 2288 Views

found this unfinished old tune i had done acouple years ago on my hard drive acoupel days ago, the drums were abit shit last time, and id only got to the first drop, so i kinda did abit of a remix of it....

not quite finished, but you'll get the idea. let me know what you think

http://www.demostreams.com/?ID=CushT

its called star05. and btw, if anyone knows how to get a pic up on your demostreams page, let me know as i cant seem to get my mug on there.

dave
new mixdown on the drums and cleaned up some vocal bits, any feedback welcome.

http://www.demostreams.com/?ID=CushT

the tune is now called star infection
listening. Nice wierd opening synth. Like the delay on it. Nice opening break, sounds kinda choppy tho, unless thats what you're going for? Interesting the way the layered drums come in. Cool edits here and there. Vocal goes well with the melody, like the filtering out delay on the vocals. Nice strong bass. Like this so far. Sounds well produced. Nice main section man, liking this. The vocal goes well. Some of the edits are a bit straight, as in they could have more grove to them. Keep interesting. Like that new synths comming in the breakdown. Nice harmonys creates with the chords. Like the editing you've done on the vocal. The vocal needs a rest sometimes tho, just for the music to come through more, coz it does get a bit repetative.

Good track man well done
Coleco Wrote:listening. Nice wierd opening synth. Like the delay on it. Nice opening break, sounds kinda choppy tho, unless thats what you're going for? Interesting the way the layered drums come in. Cool edits here and there. Vocal goes well with the melody, like the filtering out delay on the vocals. Nice strong bass. Like this so far. Sounds well produced. Nice main section man, liking this. The vocal goes well. Some of the edits are a bit straight, as in they could have more grove to them. Keep interesting. Like that new synths comming in the breakdown. Nice harmonys creates with the chords. Like the editing you've done on the vocal. The vocal needs a rest sometimes tho, just for the music to come through more, coz it does get a bit repetative.

Good track man well done

I agree with what Coleco says. Nice track, just let the song go with out the vocals for a bit and maybe let the existing melody just drive the track. Or perhaps use a whole other sound to create another melody or to accompany the other melody??? Very nice though. Like the TOMs too. Nice little variation to the beat.
yeah the first break does need abit of work, its alil 'unsmooth'

i just feel the tune doesnt have enough room to breathe, i know it has to do with eqing.... but i havent perfected it yet.....

stick to subtractive and subtle???

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  170bpm jungle track, melodic and rough gremino 6 8,856 20th March 2021, 19:42
Last Post: gremino
  Coleco - Cornea (melodic, funky, world, etc) Coleco 1 3,251 7th June 2011, 18:14
Last Post: cube
  dark roller...................Impact- introspekt impact_ 3 2,931 7th May 2011, 10:25
Last Post: impact_
  free moody dubstep trackzor ;<p OwenPaulStory 0 1,531 12th October 2010, 21:55
Last Post: OwenPaulStory
  Scape - Maze (deep dubby roller) Scape 5 4,041 29th June 2010, 13:30
Last Post: Nervenom