metalheadz @ bridge and tunnel ....

15 Replies, 1190 Views

i'm well into the new underground d'n'b thats coming up at the moment and it's cool to have people trying something a bit different again and doing what they are really feeling not just trying to make 'anthems' ..

since metalheadz started up again its been really interesting the way all the best sets have come from the 'warm up' dj's and all the 'a list' have been really lame Icon_question ...

people like loxy .. ink .. bailey .. storm always play wicked cutting edge stuff like you would expect at headz ..

then the big boys (i've heard grooverider .. frost .. j majik) play all this crap two step / bristol kind of stuff like you could be fabric or anywhere ..

it makes you wanna get there early and then leave before the end whereas surely it should get better as the night goes on??

(the exception to this is goldie who seems to be back on the edge again lately and has killed everytime i heard him play there)
dee bee one Wrote:i'm well into the new underground d'n'b thats coming up at the moment and it's cool to have people trying something a bit different again and doing what they are really feeling not just trying to make 'anthems' ..

since metalheadz started up again its been really interesting the way all the best sets have come from the 'warm up' dj's and all the 'a list' have been really lame Icon_question ...

people like loxy .. ink .. bailey .. storm always play wicked cutting edge stuff like you would expect at headz ..

then the big boys (i've heard grooverider .. frost .. j majik) play all this crap two step / bristol kind of stuff like you could be fabric or anywhere ..

it makes you wanna get there early and then leave before the end whereas surely it should get better as the night goes on??

(the exception to this is goldie who seems to be back on the edge again lately and has killed everytime i heard him play there)

welcome to the board!!

I really have to make it to Headz soon, i havent been for years. I think the last time i went was Heaven days!!
dee bee one Wrote:people like loxy .. ink .. bailey .. storm always play wicked cutting edge stuff like you would expect at headz ..

---------------------------------------

1st post massive Wave

agreed mate loxy and especially ink are 2 are probably my fav dj's along with mr keith.

goldie certianly killed the last hour or so at beatjam that new m.headz stuff is top notch !!
hello, welcome!

Wave Bobule
ta for the welcomes!

it is a really good night but last time i heard grooverider i was so suprised how unadventurous his set was ... i remember back in the days of the blue note he used to play all these amazing new dubs completely across the board .. and now its just two step anthems ..

the stuff loxy and ink have been playing has been really good though and storm has been excellent as well .. nice and mellow one minute then straight into something really dark ..
dee bee one Wrote:it is a really good night but last time i heard grooverider i was so suprised how unadventurous his set was ... i remember back in the days of the blue note he used to play all these amazing new dubs completely across the board .. and now its just two step anthems ..

and corny breakdowns

[Image: clownstepsmilie.gif] [Image: clownstepsmilie.gif] [Image: clownstepsmilie.gif]
I've been to Headz at the Bridge & Tunnel about 5 times now and there are many positive things and many negative things also.

The main problem with the Bridge & Tunnel is that when it is full, its REALLY full and too hot ans sweaty downstairs. When it is empty, you really notice it also. Also, the system could do with beig louder and clearer downstairs. If you SB boys go down there, wait for it to be a special night otherwise it may not be worth your while going down there.

The DJs that they get to play there aren't always exactly what I would call a 'Metalheadz DJ'. Like Frost, Rider, Danny C. The sets were not what I would expect to hear at Headz. Maybe thats 'cos the Headz sound has changed dramatically over the years. Danny C played a liquid set which was good, but again, not the Headz sound.

But when people like Baily and Goldie do rinse it out, it does reming me of Hoxton Square days. Also I was suprised by how good Marcus Intalex's set was down there. He played some decent tracks and soem beaty shit towards the end too.

Plus there are always people down there that I know cos so many peeps within the scene go down there to check out what its saying.
www.astrophonica.co.uk           
marcus intallex is really good when its not a typical crowd of pill headz - he's a pretty good dj in the way that he actually does have some style and doesn't follow everyone else playing boom tsk bom tsk wooow wooow woooooooow boom tsk bom tsk woooooow woow woooowww

32(.
Lets make d+b special for 2009!
...the margeritas are nice too!
whuddup db1!

when i went to headz it was storm on the dex-and she killed it. bryan gee i couldn't say the same for. but i gues those are the divergent philosophies in the scene-the "commerce" and the "artist".
SKRUB AUDIO UPDATED 5/2009 SMP 48-WHAT MUSIC?-Late Spring '09 Mix
true true - but headz should always be about the artist!!
Goldie is on fire these days imo.

I like this night because you can either brock out amongst the sweat and darkness, or you can chill and have some nice food to some laid back flvas upstairs (foodwise the brazillian barbecue is fookin lush).

Its also handy starting and finishing early cos you can be up fresh and clean for work the next day, also helps beat the sunday night blues....

....and there are loadsa girls there. Smile
yeah goldie is back with avengance Twisted .. rhythm killa is a heavy tune ..

the week when marcus intalex was playing he was there just going mental with the rest of the crowd ...
dee bee one Wrote:the week when marcus intalex was playing he was there just going mental with the rest of the crowd ...

What I like about the gold one is that he doesn't give a fuck, he aint gonna just stand around trying to look cool he'll brock out too, seems like he actually likes the music unlike certain others I could think of...
zinga Wrote:...the margeritas are nice too!

i wouldnt know, im broke
Statto Wrote:
dee bee one Wrote:it is a really good night but last time i heard grooverider i was so suprised how unadventurous his set was ... i remember back in the days of the blue note he used to play all these amazing new dubs completely across the board .. and now its just two step anthems ..

and corny breakdowns

[Image: clownstepsmilie.gif] [Image: clownstepsmilie.gif] [Image: clownstepsmilie.gif]

How come he's resident at Beat Jam then (or does he play his other records then ?? Icon123 ).
europhile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wayne Bridge v John Terry - The Real Battle at the Bridge subvert 2 1,916 28th February 2010, 02:06
Last Post: markgabba
  Ronaldo & Taylor in tunnel row Andyskopes 3 1,108 6th March 2009, 12:05
Last Post: beckett
  Train Tunnel from Europe to Africa Lata 8 738 26th December 2006, 23:36
Last Post: quantum sounds
  Dev and the time tunnel leet radio classics to techno Spex2k4 0 607 18th November 2004, 19:20
Last Post: Spex2k4
  Last 'Headz Sunday Session @ Bridge & Tunnel Phokus 17 1,547 7th July 2003, 18:28
Last Post: Lush1