Smile Cheers
[Insert signature here]
send that to arctic music. Cool
cube Wrote:send that to arctic music. Cool

definatley Yes
wicked tune!

definitely sounds like something from that mid-90s era
sounds nice Grin
Nice one. Shame the other 190 (Icon_eek) people who viewed this thread didn't say anything. Not that I care... Smile
[Insert signature here]
Nice one!!!!! You have definately mastered the craft.
Sounds like old Source Direct with your own unique twist.(high synth melody)
If you dont mind me asking, what program do you use???

Lurk
Wave cheers reckej!

i just use a sound editor [sound forge 5] and map out my tune in there using markers for each bar. most of the sounds and stuff are just twisted up and processed sounds i've recorded myself.

:d
[Insert signature here]
sounds deadly.. beaux! good work
Nice one Safetyboy!
[Insert signature here]
listening now :]

really like this atmosphere, quite emotive and reminiscent of those old good looking tunes.
amen pattern is good and keeps the flow well.
liking this delay out into the breakdown.
continued atmosphere sounds good as you let the bassline part do the talking. as it progresses building up well. good stuff!

for me the bass notes, or rather their timbre/overall sound is either not warm enough or slightly too overpowering in the mix.
at points where the higher notes come in it sounds a bit too omnipresent in relation to the other sounds, not sown in or fitting as well as the lower sub notes. as a result to me the groove is a bit weighed down becasue the feature of the bassline is so obvious.
the lower ones definetly compliment very well however.

i'm not sure what my problem is with them as that era had many tracks with similar notations [omni trio etc].
i think some extra layering of sounds underneath the higher notes at different intervals could help in creating a more textured sound that could lead to patterns in the atmospheres changing and vice versa.

but that's just me, i love everything else about the track very much so far and would like to hear you finish it soon!
will take into acount that clip is only low quality as well so could affect my judgement.
otherwise excellent work once again, keep it up
Xyxthumbs Smile
It is finished! Cheers for listening but I really dont know what you mean here:
Muttley Wrote:for me the bass notes, or rather their timbre/overall sound is either not warm enough or slightly too overpowering in the mix.

i think some extra layering of sounds underneath the higher notes at different intervals could help in creating a more textured sound that could lead to patterns in the atmospheres changing and vice versa.
What do you mean by "warm"? It's all just bass to me man... As long as the notes work well and the rhythm fits the drums with it all being at the right level it's all good... Dont know what you mean... Baffled

It was made on analogue equipment using floppy disks etc so stuff like "layering" (dont know what you mean by that...?) and oter fancy effects people take for granted these days isnt really feasable to do...
[Insert signature here]
bhima Wrote:What do you mean by "warm"? It's all just bass to me man... As long as the notes work well and the rhythm fits the drums with it all being at the right level it's all good... Dont know what you mean... Baffled

It was made on analogue equipment using floppy disks etc so stuff like "layering" (dont know what you mean by that...?) and oter fancy effects people take for granted these days isnt really feasable to do...

by warm i mean, for want of a better description how deep or concentrated each note sounds.
to me some of those could be fattened up to aid the overall sound of the track and give some cohesiveness - ie the atmosphere is quite deep and evolving so some extra 'warmth' in the bassline would sound good to me.

that's all, nothing really technical [i mean god i know shit about getting stuff to sound the way i hear in my head Lol ]

to clarify i like the rhythm and the overall melody, nothing against that. it's hard to say stuff like this with a compressed clip as you can't hear the bass properly or in as great effect so that's why i said earlier i won't be too quick to judge.

regarding layering - i'm not talking about anything fancy here again. all i meant was you could add other sounds [ie another atmosphere or bass note, effect] in every now and then to make it more interesting, or in the case of making the bass warm- adding some low bass underneath the high note and process the finished sound as one.

but that's neither here nor there if you like it as it is

Wink
i was just going to say something like 'really good man love this love that' because when i commented to you before about that other tune [endless skies?] , i get the impression of it being like beating a dead horse when it comes to constructive criticism, in that your'e not actually looking for anyone to greatly analyse or go into detail about their viewpoint -moreso just listen to it and pass a thumb up or down.

that's absolutely fine if you want that and i won't waste time typing my opinion in future in such depth if that's the case -just thought it might help you or be what you wanted.
please correct me if i'm wrong about that however becasue i can jump to conclusions too early.

all i will say then is i like forward to the next one

Cool
Aha - understood! Smile Not really into the whole "adding some low bass underneath the high note and process the finished sound as one" thing as then there's no point in even using octaves really... Just seems pointless. Baffled

What do you mean by "constructive criticism"? Never understood that... Seems like an oxymoron to me. Sorry if I sound akward or anything... Just had a hard day.

Not bothered what you're saying man, I just put up tunes because a lot of people ask to hear them.

Smile
[Insert signature here]
wouldn't mind a 320 Cool
bhima you seem like you have a hard time understanding a lot of things dont you

layering, warmth, constructive criticism - hardly need a Phd in linguistics to understand the definitions eh

sorry, ignore me, just being a sarcastic cunt, bored at work.. no hard feelings hey
bhima Wrote:Aha - understood! Smile Not really into the whole "adding some low bass underneath the high note and process the finished sound as one" thing as then there's no point in even using octaves really... Just seems pointless. Baffled

What do you mean by "constructive criticism"? Never understood that... Seems like an oxymoron to me. Sorry if I sound akward or anything... Just had a hard day.

Not bothered what you're saying man, I just put up tunes because a lot of people ask to hear them.

Smile

point 1:

well it wouldn't be pointless to me if the correct lower notes were selected to correspond with a higher octave.
you could even create some subtle chords in there as it progresses to build texture - ie low bass notes playing melody a with the bass and the higher notes corresponding.
my main gripe was the sound of the bass though -perhaps a touch of reverb would give a more spacey effect or sheen, and as a result sit well with those dreamy atmospheres.

point 2:

well yes you could consider the term oxymoronic but the word 'advice' doesn't bide with me for the simple fact that i'm no great producer myself yet, and probably know half the technical aspects you have aquired.
hence i didn't use it.
constructive crit in general means iv'e taken the time to give positives and negatives, with arguments for each.
an example of criticism which is non-constructive:

"well the beats are ok but that bassline's shit."

in comparison to the sentences i gave which i would deem pretty constructive. iv'e given reason for my points.
[p.s i don't think the bassline is shit, just an example]

i'm not attacking you here just trying to give something more than the general consensus of 'it's good'
if you ever intend to send out mp3s i'd happily pay you something also, still waiting on that cd

Wink
hell yes. nicely done!!
bhima Wrote:What do you mean by "constructive criticism"? Never understood that... Seems like an oxymoron to me. Sorry if I sound akward or anything... Just had a hard day.

Constructive criticism doesn't just mean "this tune is shit", it means explaining why you don't like it.

Criticism doesn't have to be negative either. All it means is explaining why you have an opinion - hence the people who review records or films for a living being called "critics".

The tune's not bad. Some of the amen patterns are pretty neat, and the atmospherics are nice Smile But I agree with what was said before about working on the bass. At the moment it sounds very computerised - just notes with no real dynamics, accentuation or musical feeling.
Xyxthumbs yeah, just ignore what i said... was a bit tired when i wrote that bollocks! Lol i understand...

i am yet to import all the audio onto my computer from the floppy disks so i'll sort out the mixdown side of things once i do that. :d
[Insert signature here]
thats some nice tune bhima Cool