Freecycle - recycle, get free stuff, get rid unwanted stuff

15 Replies, 7112 Views

http://www.freecycle.org

a brilliant idea really

either post wanted ads or offered, collect if youre blagging or get rid of stuff if not.

saves stuff going in landfills, i bet so much stuff ends up in landfills.

im going to furnish our new flat off this Wink

Quote:How does it work?

When you want to find a new home for something -- whether it's a chair, a fax machine, piano, or an old door -- you simply send an e-mail offering it to members of the local Freecycle group.

Or, maybe you're looking to acquire something yourself. Simply respond to a member's offer, and you just might get it. After that, it's up to the giver to decide who receives the gift and to set up a pickup time for passing on the treasure.

Our main rule: Everything posted must be free, legal, and appropriate for all ages.

Non-profit organizations also benefit from The Freecycle Network. Post the item or items you want to give away and specify that you wish the gift to go to a nonprofit cause. It's entirely your choice! It's a free cycle of giving.
wicked

i hate going to the rubbish dump with stuff, i always try give away what i can
Its great since signing up last night been offered all sorts of stuff, cd racks, wardrobe, chairs, an antique cine fiml editor, plants, even a bit of plasterboard(!)

All good tho, something you dont want might be something someone else is desperate for. Ive def got some crap cluttering up the house thats going on there asap.

Maybe we could do a SC freecycle, tunes, bits of kit, i know were often on other side of planet, but the recipient could easily pay postage to keep it 'free'

Cheers
yeah freecycle is fab.

we got rid of a bed, and gained a dining table and a typewriter Xyxthumbs
the amount of emails you recieve is joke though.

at least 150 a day. Icon_eek
really ? ive only had 3 since last night (im on the richmond and kingston lists tho, millions more people on 'london'

i set up a folder in thunderbird, all freecycle emails go into that, then it deletes them after 5 days
Paradigm X Wrote:really ? ive only had 3 since last night (im on the richmond and kingston lists tho, millions more people on 'london'

i set up a folder in thunderbird, all freecycle emails go into that, then it deletes them after 5 days

Yep i'm in the london one

just checked my free cycle folder for like the first time this week, 942 emails!!!

I don't mind them coming, just hate the fact they're so frequent when logged in the MSN at home, the new email alert goes non-stop like a jackhammer.

It's loud too especially when playing loud drum off the computer.
just get the daily digest you get 1 long email a day
just got rid of a fridge in an hour

brilliant

gonna try and get rid of some more crap!
cool! just joined my local! (gloucestershire)

so much random stuff...from bags of top-soil to cow shaped blankets!
this is great!
[Image: xgnban_new.gif]
ive been after a cow shaped blanket for time Icon_eek

Teef
hmmm...not sure if it's a blanket shaped for a cow...or a blanket shaped as a cow? Chin
malevolent_wavelength Wrote:hmmm...not sure if it's a blanket shaped for a cow...or a blanket shaped as a cow? Chin

or a blanket shaped by a cow? Smile
Lol very true!
Is Noel edmonds behind this??
For News/Audio/Bookings/Videos www.djtrax.wordpress.com
i wish economics were based on giving
great initiative

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your Fave Album / Release Cover Artworks & Artist info [Visuals & stuff] +ToRMeNT+ 4 1,628 11th October 2021, 09:25
Last Post: Statto
  Blame giving away backcatalogue (unreleased stuff etc) KeeptheUgroundAlive 8 5,566 15th May 2018, 17:27
Last Post: Muttley
  RELEASE New Stuff from Cycom?? firefinga 3 1,573 8th March 2018, 10:16
Last Post: esb
  other stuff you're interested in Statto 104 22,983 11th August 2016, 23:07
Last Post: Muttley
  Pinecone Moonshine NT 005 - Some unreleased stuff from me InfiniteSloth 11 3,392 26th May 2014, 08:23
Last Post: Statto