Is this how the "??????" collective is viewed

90 Replies, 6020 Views

Quote:RaDisOne - sorry for takin' it out on you but these comments seem to only come from the whole "break" crew.

I noticed how years ago the atmospheric heads used to hate on the rest of the scene because nobody understood it...They always wanted to be separated from the scene and dubbed anyone who didn't like atmospheric as "informative" or "closeminded"

I seem to get the same vibe from the "breakage jungle" crew. Just go to the Streetbeats website and find out what I'm talking about.

Instead of trying to join forces and be a single strong powerful scene, they wanna separate and start their own scene. IMO that's fuckin elitist!

For ages I fought for atmospheric/melodic stuff to be considered as a part of the jungle/dn/b and it's finally happening.

Why on earth would they wanna separate?? We all came from the same boat and need to stay in the same boat and appreciate what each has to offer in order to stay afloat.

DOWN WITH THE ELITISTS!!!!!!!!!!

taken from http://www.dnbnation.com

http://www.dnbnation.com/viewtopic.php?p=11653#11653

????????
what a fucking turd.
im waiting for my registration to be approved :shrug
The funny thing about that is that the person whom posted that, Alex aka Wizard whom runs Gammaray Recordings is a really safe fellow. I did not expect him to lash out at Ras like that. RasDisOne comes from the harder strain of d&b yet is getting seduced to more complex d&b via the "breakage camp". so there must be something right being done right? The reaction about the Inperspective/Breakage show in Toronto seems to be really positive. So right there that's a good sign too.
scope Wrote:im waiting for my registration to be approved :shrug

just try login in at the portal

http://www.dnbnation.com/portal.php
ive replied

Xyxthumbs

cheers for the heads up danny
Well I'm sure I'll get lashed once again for this one. But yes - I think that this is how the ????? movement is viewed by many. Including many who really enjoy atmospheric/breaky/leftfield etc. I whole-heartedly agree with a lot of what that fellow said.
Harry, Harry, Where do you go when the lights go out?
citrine Wrote:well i'm sure i'll get lashed once again for this one. but yes - i think that this is how the ????? movement is viewed by many. including many who really enjoy atmospheric/breaky/leftfield etc. i whole-heartedly agree with a lot of what that fellow said.

then i'll post this for your benefit too then:

http://www.dnbnation.com/viewtopic.php?p=11658#11658

scope from dnbnation.com thread Wrote:hi wizard

pls see my comments below....

wizard Wrote:radisone - sorry for takin' it out on you but these comments seem to only come from the whole "break" crew.

people push what they believe in......when one in 100 d&b nights play this sort of thing, let people get excited by it.
passion for music is a wonderful thing..

wizard Wrote:i noticed how years ago the atmospheric heads used to hate on the rest of the scene because nobody understood it...they always wanted to be separated from the scene and dubbed anyone who didn't like atmospheric as "informative" or "closeminded"

no, there were a lot of reasons that will probably never emerge as to why bukem split from the scene...

wizard Wrote:i seem to get the same vibe from the "breakage jungle" crew. just go to the streetbeats website and find out what i'm talking about.

with all due respect, wizard, i can see from this statement that you havent spent nearly enough time reading all the threads related to this at the streetbeats forum.
your words reflect the exact opposite of what we are trying to achieve.

please see this draft 'manifesto' for what we are trying to achieve to get a better understanding.

http://www.subvertcentral.com/forum/view...sc&start=0

wizard Wrote:instead of trying to join forces and be a single strong powerful scene, they wanna separate and start their own scene. imo that's fuckin elitist!

yes, that would be elitist.
and once again, your accusations are entirely unfounded and untrue.

wizard Wrote:for ages i fought for atmospheric/melodic stuff to be considered as a part of the jungle/dn/b and it's finally happening.

why on earth would they wanna separate?? we all came from the same boat and need to stay in the same boat and appreciate what each has to offer in order to stay afloat.

once more, we do not want to separate from anything.

the time has simply come to work together better with other like-minded people in the scene to co-promote and market this style of music that firmly sits within the drum and bass scene.

you dont accuse people who write liquid funk tunes of trying to split from the scene do you?

nor do you accuse andy c and fresh of doing the same by working together with events and remixes and the like.

again, i'll just point you to the draft manifesto to hopefully better your understanding of the whole situation.

i'd ask you and others to kindly refrain from slandering streetbeats and other labels, websites and promotors involved in this without fully understanding:

a) what we are doing
b) why we are doing it.

wizard Wrote:down with the elitists!!!!!!!!!!

indeed, but i dont see any around here.....

d&b for one and all.......

- whatever happened to the popular peoples front ???
- he's over there (points)
- splitter !!

hope that clears things up a little,

cheers

ben @ streetbeats
Citrine Wrote:Well I'm sure I'll get lashed once again for this one. But yes - I think that this is how the ????? movement is viewed by many. Including many who really enjoy atmospheric/breaky/leftfield etc. I whole-heartedly agree with a lot of what that fellow said.

for christs sake stop judging us will yis?
you really don't understand and to be honest i don't think you can.

i'm no fecking elitist!! i like what i like and thats it.

There is nothing to see here other than a bunch of cats who are trying to enjoy life.

Your'e like a bunch of camels.

Cool
Ahhh well....people should turn on their fekkin' samplers, get busy and stop moaning.
its really starting to amuse me how pople on the "outside" (whatever that means) are judging us.

It's only a forum people!!!!

as far as i can see there is no movement yet, just a few outsider labels, artists and msuic lovers that talk shop and be friends together.

is that so bad?

do they think we've made this little elitist club and unless you own everything by Paradox you can't come in?

they so miss the point and its getting very very tiresome having to repeat oneself like a million times a fucking day.

grow up kids and get with the programme.
well you do have to give an active email address to get an account here at the forum.

maybe thats the elitist bit ?
Camel #1 "Why have I got these huge three toed feet?"

Camel #2 "Silly question, your toes will help you to stay on top of the soft sand as you trek across the desert ".

Camel #1 "I see, so then why have I got this great long neck?"

Camel #2 "So you can see over the sand dunes on the trips through the desert."

Camel #1 "Why have I got these great big humps on my back??"

Camel #2 now a little impatient "They are there to help you store water, so you can go without drinking while in the desert for long periods."

Camel #1 "That's great, so the huge feet stop me from sinking, and long neck to see over the sand dunes and these humps to store water..."

Camel #2 "Yes! Now you've got it!"

Camel #1 "...So why the fuck do we live in the zoo?"
scope Wrote:well you do have to give an active email address to get an account here at the forum.

maybe thats the elitist bit ?

Hahaha
darth fader Wrote:camel #1 "why have i got these huge three toed feet?"

camel #2 "silly question, your toes will help you to stay on top of the soft sand as you trek across the desert ".

camel #1 "i see, so then why have i got this great long neck?"

camel #2 "so you can see over the sand dunes on the trips through the desert."

camel #1 "why have i got these great big humps on my back??"

camel #2 now a little impatient "they are there to help you store water, so you can go without drinking while in the desert for long periods."

camel #1 "that's great, so the huge feet stop me from sinking, and long neck to see over the sand dunes and these humps to store water..."

camel #2 "yes! now you've got it!"

camel #1 "...so why the fuck do we live in the zoo?"

Hahaha Falcon
I have enough of this pc nonsense in dnb. If you dare to critisize something you're either called a hater or told to achieve something by yourself. And if you do this and try to move something that doesn't conform with the mainstream you're an elitist.

There is dnb I love and dnb I can't stand, and if being honest about that means I'm an elitist, so be it.
littlenemo Wrote:i have enough of this pc nonsense in dnb. if you dare to critisize something you're either called a hater or told to achieve something by yourself. and if you do this and try to move something that doesn't conform with the mainstream you're an elitist.

there is dnb i love and dnb i can't stand, and if being honest about that means i'm an elitist, so be it.

Kisskiss Falcon Applause
littleNemo Wrote:I have enough of this pc nonsense in dnb. If you dare to critisize something you're either called a hater or told to achieve something by yourself. And if you do this and try to move something that doesn't conform with the mainstream you're an elitist.

There is dnb I love and dnb I can't stand, and if being honest about that means I'm an elitist, so be it.

Applause

i have well and truely given up on alot of people and just resort to abuse which tickles my funny bone no end.

can i join your elitist club Nemo?
Well I'm not trying to be a dick and I sure haven't judged anyone. I enjoy learning about new tunes here and there are clearly some very talented people here. I will from now on refrain from criticizing the way you all project your image to the world but I will say one last time that I think it is a mistake and will not do anything positive for your music.
Citrine Wrote:Well I'm not trying to be a dick and I sure haven't judged anyone. I enjoy learning about new tunes here and there are clearly some very talented people here. I will from now on refrain from criticizing the way you all project your image to the world but I will say one last time that I think it is a mistake and will not do anything positive for your music.

please explain how we are projecting ourselves to the world?

I really really want to know.
littleNemo Wrote:If you dare to critisize something you're either called a hater or told to achieve something by yourself.

Oh yes. The whole Helsinki scene more or less considers me a grumpy maverick cuz I've always criticized things and said what's been in my mind. If I think 90% of today's dnb is turd, I usually say it, and the response is just like LittleNemo put it.
Hate away.
lets all follow the leader and do what everyone tells us?

Lets all like the same music and agree with eachother?

Lets be nice to people we don't like and supress our feelings?

Puke

sorry man, not my way.
Citrine Wrote:Hate away.

i love to hate Wink

so that makes me a lovely chappie!!
You are projecting an image that what does not conform to your personal taste is shit. That people lap up shit because it is all that is there to be fed to them by some "scene" or industry. That people who like what you dislike are sheep or somehow less intelligent than you. Jaded.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amour & Discipline - donation platform & collective webzine SHIFT 0 2,023 17th February 2012, 13:28
Last Post: SHIFT
  Wonder who viewed your profile? Statto 13 3,014 27th April 2011, 19:43
Last Post: Annastay
  animal collective cordani 20 4,516 24th November 2009, 11:41
Last Post: stemface
  collective shop Statto 12 2,544 21st September 2008, 15:19
Last Post: Statto
  seanie mack-unconscious collective-mix & TL seanie mack 13 3,530 10th May 2007, 01:05
Last Post: seanie mack