What was the first record you purchased ?

43 Replies, 23776 Views

just seen the 'latest' thread

mine - yello the race 7" (single) and bomb the bass into the dragon tape (album)

[Image: into.jpg]

Falcon

surprisingly not embarrassing. followed shortly by some bon jovi def leppard etc fwiw. Teef

sorry bit bored at work today, head mashed after weekend in london. too many people !
probably:

[Image: 0005868,sladest.jpg]

though i have an older one which was bought for me:

[Image: mfp-camberwick.jpg]

Falcon
it was Tricky - Pre-Millennium Tension CD
(actually there was stuff before - some tapes and pirated CD-s, but I don't count 'em)
I think it was DJ Friction - Torture Chamber, which is shite Lol

Not sure what CD...probably some Aphex Twin
The soundtracks to Breakin and Beat Street

I was 5 years old
Oops
My first ever twelve was Ray Parker Junior-Ghost Busters!

In my defence I was very very young
[Image: Ministry_-_The_Mind_Is_A_Terrible_Thing_..._front.jpg]

still roxx!
First one I remember owning was Turtle Rap on 12", 1991 maybe?
Anthem!

First one I remember going to buy myself was Fugees - The Score in 1996.
The Simpsons sing the Blues, I was 8, i bought it on cassette from Boots and it cost me £8.15
Still love it to this day!
Ashes, my mum loved Adam & The Ants.
Thanks to her I know all the lyrics (nearly) to Stand & Deliver, Prince Charming, Ant Rap & Ant Music lol
Law Wrote:Ashes, my mum loved Adam & The Ants.
Thanks to her I know all the lyrics (nearly) to Stand & Deliver, Prince Charming, Ant Rap & Ant Music lol

I still Dj tracks off the Kings of the wild frontier album to this day....awesome insect pop!
socialengineer Wrote:the simpsons sing the blues, i was 8, i bought it on cassette from boots and it cost me £8.15

Lol i have that aswell somewhere

not sure what my first rekurd would be Chin

prolly one of the wombles or postman pat vinyls i have :d
or possibly this one:

[Image: newgoodies.jpg]

but I don't have it anymore Icon_sad
First piece of recorded music i purchased with my own money was "Warmaster" by Bolt Thrower on Earache recordings, i was nine

[Image: warmaster.jpg]

Grin

first vinyl was "rhythm is a dancer" by snap

tyranny Wrote:First piece of recorded music i purchased with my own money was "Warmaster" by Bolt Thrower on Earache recordings, i was nine

Grin

Applause
i have this old vinyl (that ive scratched to death) called 'sparky and the magic piano' its more a play on wax than an album i suppose, got some bits where the pianos talking in a fucked up vocoded voice whch are Lovesmilie

the flips good aswell 'sparky and the talking train' though the trains voice isnt half as fun
My mum has an old LP of kids tunes with that Sparky tune on it

Also some "busy busy bee" song, was thinking of starting a mix with that straight into some Bizzy B amen madness Lol
now that i think about it the first record ill have bought with my own money and wanting to buy it would probally be something on manifesto or positiva Oops
Roland Rat - Rat Rapping

Still got it as well. Classic tune Grin

[Image: Rat_Rapping.JPG]
Falcon[Image: love_me_tender.jpg]
WiLSHY Wrote:Roland Rat - Rat Rapping

Still got it as well. Classic tune Grin

[Image: Rat_Rapping.JPG]

man good taste
turtle rap Hahaha my brother bought that

that ministry album is fab. That was one of my first cds (as opposed to tapes) with the other 2 good ministry albums and pretty hate machine.
googling... the Slade LP was first Smile
after another little think Chin

me and my bro have some iron maiden vinyl Lol

the special edition of take your daughter to the slaughter with the etched autographs on the flip Falcon

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is the latest record you purchased? fanu 3,594 951,526 12th May 2023, 12:27
Last Post: Statto
  Just purchased the blogs .com ! electricdrumlounge 5 5,315 1st February 2010, 17:49
Last Post: electricdrumlounge
  i just purchased serato scratch live Jason oS 28 18,942 11th November 2006, 02:10
Last Post: MetaLX