ASC- massively under-recognised producer?

36 Replies, 7198 Views

It strikes me that's he's not as well known by drum & bass at large as he might be.

It's not even like he's got the confusing supposedly inaccesible (although I think 'bollocks' to that) choppage thing going on, although when he turns his hand to break-focussed things, they can be brilliant.

He's both prolific in terms of the number of tunes he makes, and provides the quality consistently.
definately, man really needs more recognition. sick producer, and cov ops is a sick label

big up the asc each and every
Well known and very recognized!

Excellent tunes most of the time. Definitely one of my favorite DnB producers Grin
Always appreciated from my end! Some heavy, heavy tunes over the years.

sci-fi bizzle.
Quote:Well known and very recognized!
Is he? By the "scene" at large? I couldn't give two hoots about the concept of a scene, but it would be nice for him to get some recognition, particularly seeing as he makes stuff that many of the "big dogs" would actually play.
Quote:sci-fi bizzle.
Yeah, I've never been a massive techy head for want of a word, but he's taken over where Blame left off for me (was a big Blame fan until about 2003ish since which he hasn't been making stuff that appeals to me).
He makes wicked tunes whether they are choppy or not. First of his I heard was Windchime on tape that Code done, and I remember waking up in the morning and haering the tune in my head, pure damage. Especially that shit he done with the break, and Pitch Black was dark as fuck. Good thing is he keeps doing music and ain't stopped.
Lets make d+b special for 2009!
Also I think a lot of the dogs from the pen been playing his shit so who knows man?
Lets make d+b special for 2009!
The pen?
Too jump uppy.
Utopian Wrote:
Quote:Well known and very recognized!
Is he? By the "scene" at large?

He's no Original Sin though is he? Lol
ASC is a legend. One of the best hands down. The man has more output than any other producer I can think of AND, ITS ALL QUALITY! I think the ppl at large will start to recognize how dope he really is in the not too distant. Wink BIGUPS ASC, definitely one of my all time favs!
agreed the man has some serious style
def in my top 5 current dnb producers
if I may ask what does ASC stand for?(if anything)
been wondering
I think he is more respected than you think, now whether or not he sales records is another thing, I would add that he is a proper dj aswell!
nah, hes got his own forum for his fans to oogle over him Teef

i seem to think EVERYONE knows who ASC is, proper respect given.
Thanks guys. Always nice to see these types of threads. I've got a lot happening right now that I'd LOVE to tell you all about, but it will have to wait! Once again, thank you - this made the shitty day I was having, a bit better.
I always thought that's because he's from the US.
[ last.fm ]
Theeboon Wrote:because he's from the US.

not originally though Smile
Theeboon Wrote:I always thought that's because he's from the US.

Bigstick

he even released a few tunes off GLO Wink
Oh right.. Smile
[ last.fm ]
MetaLX Wrote:he even released a few tunes off GLO Wink

'Network' - i've always had a soft spot for the bass on that one

don't agree he's underrated tho, maybe 3 yrs ago but not now, i think consistency takes time to be acknowleged & that's something you can associate with ASC
Definitely one of my alltime favorite producers. Both for the heavy and for the light. Falcon
definitely one of the most versatile producers around Falcon always looking forward to his tunes particularly the choppy bits
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/
ASC Wrote:this made the shitty day I was having, a bit better.

Hugs

the scene? who gives a f*ck... one badass producer in my book Xyxthumbs
I love you all.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  THE DJ PRODUCER Naphta 107 45,677 16th March 2023, 03:16
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  RELEASE OUT NOW - ESCHATON - AM PRODUCER 02 (Advection Music) Euphony 6 5,263 29th December 2017, 13:48
Last Post: Euphony
  El-B and DJ producer videos in Computer music droid 14 9,496 2nd April 2017, 13:25
Last Post: firefinga
  DJ Equipment Producer Vestax Bankrupt firefinga 1 3,412 14th December 2014, 20:06
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  Favourite drum and bass producer ever for you Utopian 65 7,466 13th February 2009, 21:16
Last Post: Utopian