True Effort & Smoke Screen [Jungle] (Download available!)

13 Replies, 7189 Views

Hello everyone. This time going a bit more oldschool... And minimalistic.

Would love any feedback. You can listen to the track on my myspace page. Smoke Screen is the name of the track.

http://www.myspace.com/speakdnb

Thanks!

edit: Added True Effort to the myspace. It's right there on top.

edit: Alright what the heck, just download these tracks if you want. :P

DL Links:

Smoke Screen
True Effort
Do you sleep?? Grin

great tune after great tune after great tune....geez...Lol
Euphony Wrote:Do you sleep?? Grin

great tune after great tune after great tune....geez...Lol

Of course I do sleep! Yes... Absolutely. Fauxpas

Anyway, thanks. Xyxthumbs
http://www.myspace.com/speakdnb

Have a new track up there! It's called True Effort, and it kind of tries to compliment Smoke Screen... More melodical this time. Hope you guys dig it. Smile

I chose to post this in the same thread as Smoke Screen as it's kind of related to that, and also to not spam the whole Beat Ranch full of my topics. Grin

Feedback very appceriated! Same applies to Smoke Screen, would love to get a few more comments on that.

Cheers guys.
did you yo use a fractal program for the melody in the first bit.. it sounds very like stuff Ive heard.made from those programs...reminds me of the spanners album by black dog as well a bit... i would have done more with the melody.. maybe on the tonal texture side.... layer it up maybe later on.. an I'd like to hear more use filters maybe... the Kong m20's all ways good for that, the fx plugin if u can get it... not necessarily moving about just used to shape the sound a bit more... well that's my 2 pence... iwill listen to that advise and use on my own tunes hahah
checking True Effort now, absolute 100% quality - as per every track i've heard from Jesse

This would def have sounded at home on an Enforcers album....with those Neil Trix style pitch-bent rolls and perfect melody/beats & bass swiches

beautiful, inspired stuff
EVP Wrote:did you yo use a fractal program for the melody in the first bit.. it sounds very like stuff Ive heard.made from those programs...reminds me of the spanners album by black dog as well a bit... i would have done more with the melody.. maybe on the tonal texture side.... layer it up maybe later on.. an I'd like to hear more use filters maybe... the Kong m20's all ways good for that, the fx plugin if u can get it... not necessarily moving about just used to shape the sound a bit more... well that's my 2 pence... iwill listen to that advise and use on my own tunes hahah

Feedback like this is very appreciated. Yeah I had a feeling with the melody that it could've used more variation, and maybe some more complex chords etc... I just wanted to avoid what I usually do in my atmo pieces, to create a wall of atmosound, which does usually sound good to me, but hell, some variation is in order. Grin And no, I didn't use any fractal program, hand programmed the melodies & sounds for them. Anyway, good tips! Definitely could've used more modulation on the melodic sounds.

Hovver Wrote:checking True Effort now, absolute 100% quality - as per every track i've heard from Jesse

This would def have sounded at home on an Enforcers album....with those Neil Trix style pitch-bent rolls and perfect melody/beats & bass swiches

beautiful, inspired stuff

Thanks Maff, great to hear stuff like this. Yes

Sorry for the delay guys, have been soooo busy.
speak = download on site. Thanks for another tune. D/l now but I'm guessing it doesn't suck, so nice job again.
doh, myspace link, no download. I feel screwed. Lol
olcyrus Wrote:speak = download on site. Thanks for another tune. D/l now but I'm guessing it doesn't suck, so nice job again.

I'm guessing site means sight on this occasion, so cheers mate I appreciate the compliment. Grin

olcyrus Wrote:doh, myspace link, no download. I feel screwed.

Yeah mate, I guess I'm getting more confident with my tunes or summink, but I'll probably enable free DL even on these at some point when I do something I'm more happy about and then think these are shite again. Lol
^^yes, those tunes are awesome. Hats off again my friend. Big ups
Helloooooooo, download links on the first post! Or here if you like:

Smoke Screen
True Effort
bad tunes man. bigg up!
soundcloud.com/coyopa
LAsymbolism Wrote:bad tunes man. bigg up!

Thanks mate!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Distorted Perception [Jungle] (Download available!) SpeaK 4 2,082 29th July 2009, 08:40
Last Post: SpeaK
  NEW EFFORT : a pure ragga ting Paranoiz 3 3,993 28th April 2009, 20:32
Last Post: Paranoiz
  > Coleco - Smoke On Water (dark eerieness) Coleco 1 1,371 14th January 2005, 21:13
Last Post: Statto