Bukem

31 Replies, 4873 Views

Hiya all.

Has anyone here booked him recently? Have been trying to get him to Dublin for well over a year but am finding it quite hard :/
Dont think he likes us Oirish much tbh.... [Image: icon_lol.gif]

Does anyone know if he is playing in London any time soon, as i would make a trip just to catch him.

Thanks y'all
He's not allowed play dublin, still under contract from MCD / Quadraphonic i think
I dont think that is the case. Anyway, not a thing to be discussed on a public forum.

I just wanna see the lad play out Icon_sad
safetyboy Wrote:He's not allowed play dublin, still under contract from MCD / Quadraphonic i think

weird.. actually someone told me that Calibre never plays west of Brighton anymore.. don't know how true this is..
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/
From what I've heard and seen from setlists etc I don't think you'd be much into his sets these days Barry and I don't think he does oldskool sets ? Unless it's a Speed one-off or something.
[Image: icon_cry.gif]
i heard him a couple of months ago at fabric and to be honest it wasnt like it was in the "olden days"...i just dont think he is into the tunes as much these days.

his mixing was ok...nothing special.

i would love him to play a back to speed set, butthat happens once in a blue moon.

peace
Kev breaker'd play a better atmospheric set than bukem IMO.
[Image: banner2_590.jpg]
[Image: swbanner.gif]
[Image: BB_banner3.gif]
i can recommend a few atmos djs for ya Wink
dj hades Wrote:i would love him to play a back to speed set, butthat happens once in a blue moon.

The End, 2005/6 I believe. I can tell you it was a legendary night. Back To Speed. That needs to happen once every 10 years. Keep me ticking over until I die. Xyxthumbs
i was there wilshy

fabio was immense!

much better than bukem that night

peace
Code Wrote:From what I've heard and seen from setlists etc I don't think you'd be much into his sets these days Barry and I don't think he does oldskool sets ? Unless it's a Speed one-off or something.

yep, I saw him a few years ago and it was as dull as dishwater. I also heard a set from him at the end of 09 and it was end-to-end uninspiring liquid vibe (every tune having that identical tinny break).

It's a real shame as he was the man back in the 90s.
book marky. plays everything. just great.
I love playing oldskool atmospheric Jungle...

if anyone every wants an old style atmospheric set - I'd be there in a flash doing my Bukem impression (minus the Joe 90 glasses but with the Joe 90 paleness)
I've seen Bukem & Conrad twice in the last year or so and both times it was very blah blah blah crap. Luckily I didn't pay for either shows though or I would have been pissed, but I know better than to pay for that stuff now a daze tbh. Not at all what most subverts would want in a set. Wishy washy fluff, filler tunes from start to fin imho. Icon_sad
Never really been one for old skool nights. I love old atmospheric stuff in clubs , but unfortunately finding old skool atmospheric nights is hard as most tend to do the old skool ravey type stuff . I couldn't think of anything more boring than standing in a club listening to tunes like that... No different to my ears than clown-step or wobbly dubstep.
But if I had to book someone to do a atmospheric Jungle set it would be Nookie... or me.
[Image: n525370594_264175_8629.jpg]
Equinox all the way Grin
pressure. Wrote:Never really been one for old skool nights. I love old atmospheric stuff in clubs , but unfortunately finding old skool atmospheric nights is hard as most tend to do the old skool ravey type stuff . I couldn't think of anything more boring than standing in a club listening to tunes like that... No different to my ears than clown-step or wobbly dubstep.
But if I had to book someone to do a atmospheric Jungle set it would be Nookie... or me.

You mean to tell me you'd find listening to "So Long" by Seba & Lotek in a club boring ?

Or "Solutions" by Axis ?

Or "Tokyo Dawn" ?
i think he meant the more ravey hardcore type stuff Wink
^^^
[Image: n525370594_264175_8629.jpg]
Bukem sets are so boring now days, he is so out of touch and doesnt seem to care.

I have been lucky enough to catch 2 oldskool / speed sets he has done, both at Logical Progression nights in the last 5 years. Fabric first, then Ministry, he was fucking brilliant.
Nice one lads. Guess i'll be waiting for an oldskool set [Image: hyper.gif]
He seems to play in brighton about once every 6 months or so, not managed to get down to any of them though.
dak Wrote:i think he meant the more ravey hardcore type stuff Wink

ah, phew...

thought Mickey had gone mad
dj hades Wrote:i was there wilshy

fabio was immense!

much better than bukem that night

peace

I was there too!
was a great night, defo need another one of them.

Bukem is a legend. End of.

His contribution to dnb has been immense.

he doesnt really need to keep playing week in week out, he is probably more select now and playing for events that he wants to, rather than because he has to