Open Letter to Mods asking for deletion of account

140 Replies, 33162 Views
Thread Closed 

deleted not banned :P
No, banned, as requested.

When deleted, all the posts made by a user are shown as being made by 'Guest'.
Banning has the same effect but preserves the post history.
subvert Wrote:No, banned, as requested.

The thread request was for deletion not banning, and while banning maintains post history, it runs contrary to forum history. In particular, there was no reason to ban either Kontra or missy and I'd rather not see Banned by their names, even if they left in unfortunate circumstances. What do you reckon?
missy swanker Wrote:
subvert Wrote:Thats a screen shown after you log in as a banned user.

NOT as a guest.

Let me state this clearly: all that happens when a user is banned, is that they are added to a usergroup called 'Banned Users' which has next to no rights.

Banned users can still log in, and when they do, they will see the screen that you posted.

Heres the relevant page from the vBulletin manual just to try and show you that nobody here is lying.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/users_ban

Your IPs have not been banned, and even if we did choose to ban IPs, the ONLY IP that is visible from anywhere except inside your network is the external IP. Internal IPs cannot possibly be seen anywhere outside of your router.

Think about it, pretty much every home in the world with a home network has a router set up with internal IPs in the form of 192.168.1.x.

Any network (of which the internet is the biggest) cannot have 2 identical IPs. Its impossible.

Yawn

not true.

Quit the lectures.

you type in the domain name or even the ip and its an immediate ban with no attempt at log in.

If its doing that then you have cookies set, and its logging you in automatically - its as simple as that.

All your computers on your home network share a single external IP.
If we banned it then you wouldn't be able to post from ANY computer at your house.
I'm afraid that I don't know how else to explain it.

I've done as you requested anyway. I wish you all the best.
Statto Wrote:
subvert Wrote:No, banned, as requested.

The thread request was for deletion not banning, and while banning maintains post history, it runs contrary to forum history. In particular, there was no reason to ban either Kontra or missy and I'd rather not see Banned by their names, even if they left in unfortunate circumstances. What do you reckon?

I have no preference one way or the other personally.
I've found this whole unfortunate episode to be rather silly.
I moved on in my life a long time ago from all the shit that went on in the past, and you know what? Its great.

The benefit to banning is (and perhaps Im being optimistic here) that its reversible.
subvert Wrote:The benefit to banning is (and perhaps Im being optimistic here) that its reversible.

well, okay, as a forum convenience Xyxthumbs

but in that case alter the custom title for the two accounts from "Banished...Banned...Gone..." to something less formal and aggressive

maybe "Left in a huff" or something

Hahaha
Hahaha
[Image: protabl3.gif]
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
"Account disabled per request"

Xyxthumbs
done...
Statto Wrote:"Account disabled per request"

Xyxthumbs

Grumble
Don Cherry Wrote:Every human is blessed in her or his life with one love (passion), no matter how long it may last. This Absolute love will last in one's heart and soul forever.
too sensible for you? [Image: icon162.gif]
Hahaha Xyxthumbs
[Image: tldr128549790169980726.jpg]
Tim Reaper Wrote:[Image: tldr128549790169980726.jpg]

Phwoar. I had no idea this was the hot sexy chick pin-up thread Grin
Statto Wrote:maybe "Left in a huff" or something

Hahaha

Hahaha
Keep JUMPin ya Bastids
perhaps that's a good place to stop Wink

thread locked

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sleaford Mods Statto 70 49,560 18th March 2023, 19:56