Hovver - City Sleepers

13 Replies, 1179 Views

Got the bulk of another track down! Sci-Fi/Horror influenced breaks and admittedly as rough as fuck - i know it sounds ropey as hell, but couldn't really give a shit so not really looking for EQ advice here, that's kind of the point Lol

Just a very rough thing thrown together today to combat the ambient state of mind i've been in recently. No intention of cleaning it up whatsoever, 'do what you do badly' is where i'm at currently Grin

http://soundcloud.com/hovver/city-sleepers-demo
Currently at work awaiting the arrival of a somewhat geographically challenged HP engineer. Hopefully will get a listen this afternoon Smile
Very Deaf Centre before the drop. Love it. Crusty.

You should do more unproduced stuff. Not sure the whole world feels the same, but I do therefore you should. Wink

Great ideas and not sure it actually needs a whole lot more in it. Something about the bass and beats that remind me of the garagey breaks Zinc stuff. No idea why because it's a million miles from there, but the simplicity which just works, little fills and filtering bline all very much like his old stuff.
Icon_yippee

nice one Wilsh!!!
This one's brilliant Maff. Pretty sick. Gonna listen alot.
ceremony Wrote:This one's brilliant Maff. Pretty sick. Gonna listen alot.

Grin

Thanks a lot mate! Started it last night so really just an idea/demo at the mo, but might take Wilsh's advice and not do a lot more with it, not sure it needs to be too dynamic etc, that'd prob kill the basic idea - just do more random cuts and edits and keep the relentless kind of thing going maybe. Might drop it down in the middle somewhere to bring a bit of the intro strings back though, then make it a bit more nasty when the beats return Chin

Thanks very, very much for taking time to reply by the way, you're a legend mate Wave

ps was recently checking some of those tracks you sent me again, and there's one in particular that actually terrifies me Hahaha Aggression levels are insane, will find the name of it and let you know. You feckin monster Icon_razz
Yeah I like the way the crusty beats kick off on this, my friend who runs an electronica label might like this Wink

In fact it reminds me of his early stuff actually Chin

Which is a good thing Cool
Euphony Wrote:Yeah I like the way the crusty beats kick off on this, my friend who runs an electronica label might like this Wink

In fact it reminds me of his early stuff actually Chin

Which is a good thing Cool

Eek Label?? info please! have a few unfinished bits like this knocking about that i'm going to try to get together... wouldn't know where to direct it at all though to be honest, so any advice off people in the know would be a big help...

Thanks a lot mate!
Chin

Soooooo, how much is this really worth to you then?? Icon_razz
Euphony Wrote:Chin

Soooooo, how much is this really worth to you then?? Icon_razz

one potato, two potatoes, three potatoes.... oh go on then, FOUR
Four what? Potatoes? Please be more specific Smile
Tis dirty. Me likes. Would be perfect for some sci fi gaming/game-play vids. I'm such a geek.
huge
Roo Stercogburn Wrote:Tis dirty. Me likes. Would be perfect for some sci fi gaming/game-play vids. I'm such a geek.

katatonic Wrote:huge

Xyxthumbs Thank you!