being made redundant appreciation

6 Replies, 1073 Views

my area manager informed me this morning my position was being made redundant, i walked out as i wasn't rostered to start for another 2 hours phoned up 5 mins later and told the boss i was sick and couldn't come in for the rest of the week Hahaha have been enjoying a day of sun surf and xbox (in that order) pretty fucking awesome i say Dance
get 4 weeks paid holiday a week of sickleave and looks like i have another job lined up already.
don't let 'the man' get you down i say Pint
Good work mate Xyxthumbs Hahaha
nice Smile
I got made redundant twice in the same year or so! Icon_sad
One at xmas (12 month stint) and again the following new year.

But i got myself a sweet job out of it.
Glad it all happened Smile
Hehe nice going Smile
Nice one.

Generally always works out for the best. Good luck with new job hunting!

My wifes just been made redundant, from a job she didnt want to go back to anyway after maternity leave, and got a fairly decent payoff.

Best thing is shes offering to buy me a 909 (drum-machine!)

[Image: 909.jpg]

Wanted one for years...

Icon_yippee
happily redundant creux say Woot
Glad you've got another job lined up and you're happy about it!
Can be a right shitter. Luckily I escaped with being made part time but was really hard to see a few other old colleagues get laid off Icon_sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Was made redundant at the beginning of the month, just been offered a job! Ben Kei 27 5,138 28th July 2009, 18:13
Last Post: Ben Kei
  So i just got made redundant.... Paradigm X 17 1,784 22nd December 2005, 14:04
Last Post: Exxon
  getting made redundant...still dont know the paticulars strike 6 998 23rd March 2005, 14:18
Last Post: strike
  OMG I think i'm about to be made redundant! Formula Inc. 19 2,249 20th August 2003, 11:07
Last Post: Phokus