Best pads you've ever heard...EVER??

48 Replies, 7168 Views

Pads were a critical element which first drew me to the sounds of Equinox, Dub One, Nebula, Seba etc...
I'm always seeking the best tunes out there, so this thread is dedicated to the best pads and soundscapes you've ever heard in the "drumfunk" style...ever.

Just to name a few:

Bukem's pads are just pure love Lovesmilie
beats are there to be broken http://musicindevon.org/
^ yeah Yes

great call on Iron Ocean

i feel like ranting about how much i love pads and drumfunk but here are some really nice tunes

epic

tribalism!!!

seba slaying it

borderline drumfunk/experimental, really funky with amazing pads... dissident... his tunes are top
(dont download this tune please buy it Smile )

deeeeeeep!!!
noisemonkey Wrote:

Bukem's pads are just pure love Lovesmilie

Yeah thats what i was thinking then i was like oh he did tho say in drumfunk so I didnt start to rack my brain since Im really not to familiar with all the newer tunes out. Anyways if it was pads in general all the old tunes would be taking over yet another thread on here. Hahaha
From 3:33

[Image: n525370594_264175_8629.jpg]
Annastay Wrote:Yeah thats what i was thinking then i was like oh he did tho say in drumfunk

indeed, but I like pads best when they come in out of nowhere – as for instance at 4:00 in this two-step tune:

or at 2:50 in this one:

though I guess you could say they're more synth lines than pads.

@4:07
Right at the beginning!

Same soundscape also used in Equinox - Bad Dreams. Would love to know the origin of this one Grin
skygene Wrote:Right at the beginning!

Same soundscape also used in Equinox - Bad Dreams. Would love to know the origin of this one Grin

I was going to say thats the one from Eze G - Freefall but it isn't. I've heard it used before though

I think i'll post it anyway. Some awesome Soul Pride break work in it too:

Edit: There's something funny about that Youtube clip... the bit in it that goes "groove me... the way you groove me" doesn't seem to come in to it.... I wonder whats going on?
maybe a promo version of this?

http://www.hardscore.com/articles/lazerdrome/
Great posts, everyone. Can't believe I left this out. Arguably my favorite Alaska / Paradox track of all time. Soundscapes are downright mystical:

Anything Blu Mar Ten (so make that anything Global Communications / FSOL Teef ) circa 96-98.

Or the simplicity of :

Not "drumfunk", but I rather caned this when it came out Grin

Keep JUMPin ya Bastids

The breakdown...
Naphta Wrote:Not "drumfunk", but I rather caned this when it came out Grin

Odyssey - Object
OMG I almost posted this Icon_eek

Such music....

... my only problem with is I never once came across it for sale, and I was actively looking out for it!

Mad

http://www.hardscore.com/articles/lazerdrome/
Paradox - Aries Maze.

All about the intro Lovesmilie and at 1:40
J-Breaks Wrote:Paradox - Aries Maze.

thats the first tune that came in my head on seeing the thread.... proper spine tingles

theres soo many others too though! including the ones already mentioned

one more for consideration Grin

too many to list but here is a couple. Cool

Love that FBD tune Xyxthumbs
Keep JUMPin ya Bastids
How could I forget "wonderful world"??

Lovesmilie
I dont know how much of it is ripped from Bladerunner OST but Seba - Dangerous Days is the best pad intro I have heard for a number of years.

Going back some, Sounds Of Life - Shimmer always does it for me
Jason oS Bears on teh exegene cd has about 10 mins of a gorgeous pads constantly evolving... not on youtube tho. Neutral

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tunes with amazing breaks and pads Ph1l2007 1 1,336 30th March 2018, 09:55
Last Post: Dinsdale
  Your Favourite Pads Nebula 48 5,737 8th June 2009, 18:46
Last Post: harness
  the pads on fracture's "the juggler" cordani 0 427 18th May 2006, 23:47
Last Post: cordani