Timeline 92-97 DnB Project (Free Album Including Unreleased Manix Track)

14 Replies, 4500 Views

Been working on this for the last couple of months and it is getting to a stage where it's ready for public consumption . . .

A few more tracks need to be finished and I've got to complete the artwork but thought I would post a teaser so everyone has a rough idea of what to expect . . .

Would be keen to know what the Subvert guys think!?

Oh and a MASSIVE thanks to Chris from Omni Music for helping me out with this!

Here is the blurb:

Teaser for a forthcoming album showcasing how Drum And Bass evolved between its golden years of 1992 to 1997 taking inspiration from classic labels like Reinforced, Tom And Jerry, Good Looking etc . . .

This project will contain exclusive unreleased tracks from Manix, Pete Rann, Cartridge, Greenleaf, Tim Reaper, Soza, Relapse, Eschaton, Infest and Quassi amongst many others.

Lots more information to follow.

Audio from a few of the songs:

http://soundcloud.com/twohungryghosts/timeline-teaser
Great idea for an album. Grin
Tim Reaper Wrote:Great idea for an album. Grin

Haha, just don't tell anyone how fussy I am!

Wink
Big up!Pete Rann's tribute is incredible!Also love other ones,wanna hear other tunes for sure!
nice!
So many good tracks on this.

Can't wait for you guys to hear it.
Really looking forward to hearing this, big up all involved.
Sounding spot on. Love Pete Rann's thing as well, not to discredit the others.

Great work Xyxthumbs
Wilshy Wrote:Sounding spot on. Love Pete Rann's thing as well, not to discredit the others.

Great work Xyxthumbs

Thank you all for your positive comments, just got some '92 style hardcore tracks for the comp and finding it hard to contain myself! Too many to choose from!
Happy to help out mate Grin
Thanks for approaching me and massive respect to all artists on this, there's some top stuff on here Smile
Shifty is that you?
I'll send you a PM Metric, long time no speak.
Wow!

Is that one of thosae Manix track that was heard on his mix a while back?

That Soza track is great - I've found the 93 sound is not one people have often attempted to replicate, and that's sounding spot on!

Seems like there's a lot of solid stuff being done at the mo Smile

http://www.hardscore.com/articles/lazerdrome/
Got another two 93 tracks lined up and they are both great dude. Redoing the Cartridge mix tonight to give it a bit more of a Tom and Jerry edge instead of pure rinse out ragga. Then its finished!
Think I will do another few soundclips over the weekend but until then check this, a clip from my 1997 tribute.

A big shout to Relapse for the mixdown!

Cheers mate!

http://www.soundcloud.com/twohungryghost...ip/s-6YANP

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RELEASE LM1 - 13 Unreleased / Remixes/ Vips [Free/Pay what you want for charity] plus free 14 LM1 0 400 3rd March 2023, 18:00
Last Post: LM1
  RELEASE Jungle + DnB Reissues + Formerly Unreleased KeeptheUgroundAlive 8 5,128 28th January 2019, 11:05
Last Post: KeeptheUgroundAlive
  RELEASE FL - Rendezvous (Free DL, or pay wha you like track) Muttley 0 1,587 25th January 2019, 17:24
Last Post: Muttley
  RELEASE New Fushara album on 7th Storey Project "Tomorrow's Symbolism" Dinsdale 4 1,872 25th November 2018, 17:20
Last Post: Code
  What track symbolises everything you like about dnb? kidkut 93 20,497 17th November 2018, 12:40
Last Post: Dinsdale