Muttley's Dream Journal

202 Replies, 131898 Views

Had an idea to make a dream thread. There's already been at least a couple on Subvert (Maff's dreams and Torment's KRS-One dream). I thought by disclosing the universally palpable ones there might be some clarity shed on the meaning of the dreams. There are dream dictionaries too, and this is a first step in trying to document to oneself what all these metaphors mean.

October 1st

I was on a train with memory containers all around me. I was a female hen that got put in a cake by a droid which then got put into a catapult device and that was sending a new version of itself on.

Before I tell of what my hypnotherapist sees in the dream (he trained in imaginal realities and dream psychology) I'll leave it open to you. Smile

Mick
Thats strange, I baked a hen cake on Oct. 2nd....
This morning's dream...

October 22nd

The "Midnight Train To Georgia" song playing with the cooing "He's in love, oohoo" for some reason with an Indian woman.

Father Ted's Dougal attacking an interviewee on an island with a knife and getting fought back against.

Thinking I was awake and hitting my head on the clothes rail, only to fall back into bed (I was still in the same position really).

A black guy with blonde hair getting prosecuted in court for meddling with my dreams. They said he lived locally in relation to the dream's mystery location.
droid Wrote:Thats strange, I baked a hen cake on Oct. 2nd....

Well one of the things I associated it with lucidly in the dream (I recommend Celia Green & Charles Mcreery's "Lucid Dreaming: The Paradox Of Consciousness During Sleep" book if you want to control your dreams) was a hen night. Then I got to 'mother hen' with my hypnotherapist.

What is a hen cake?
Feel free to share your dreams, or nightmares, whatever the case may be.

I'll update this tomorrow when I've had another dream sequence.

To remember your dreams, say to yourself "Tonight I will have a guiding dream and I will remember it" before you fall asleep. It really helps to recount experience.
Chin

I can't remember much of my dreams last night, apart from being on some kind of assault course, but it wasn't an assault course per se, more of an interactive challenge/holiday/set of steps I needed to take to get somewhere and come back again. At one point I was climbing on a roof that was on the edge of a shore only a few feet above ground but the tiles (which appeared to be made of wood) kept slipping away while I kept yelling over to people 'I'll be there in a minute'. that was just a tiny bit of the adventure, I can't recall anymore of it.

Willynilly

I always remember having a dream a few years ago where I was trying to communicate with an orange. Not vocally, but in the same way that an orange communicates with another orange. I can't recall what it was (as in I couldn't articulate it into words after I woke up), but it worked. What's going on there? Lol
Euphony Wrote:Chin

I can't remember much of my dreams last night, apart from being on some kind of assault course, but it wasn't an assault course per se, more of an interactive challenge/holiday/set of steps I needed to take to get somewhere and come back again. At one point I was climbing on a roof that was on the edge of a shore only a few feet above ground but the tiles (which appeared to be made of wood) kept slipping away while I kept yelling over to people 'I'll be there in a minute'. that was just a tiny bit of the adventure, I can't recall anymore of it.

Willynilly

My hypnotherapist would probably say that represents to you part of a journey you're on and the emotions you're channelling into your unconscious mind.

Euphony Wrote:I always remember having a dream a few years ago where I was trying to communicate with an orange.

That alone is Rofl

Euphony Wrote:Not vocally, but in the same way that an orange communicates with another orange. I can't recall what it was (as in I couldn't articulate it into words after I woke up), but it worked. What's going on there? Lol

Dunno Grin
Wish me sweet dreams tonight ppl Mutley-ani1

This was a good laugh:

"Last night I dreamed I was a leather pant enthusiast. Despite looks of horror, I owned it. Confident yet unaware of my douchiness #TeaParty" ~ Hammock on Twitter
I was on a beach and then a big wave came, and then it started getting bigger, and bigger. And then I woke up.

Nervous
The only one I remember from last night was just before I woke up. I was part of a stage performance that was being premiered for the first time, and I was behind the scenes trying to get things sorted (although I got the impression I somehow barged my way into the behind the scenes production). I was trying to make sure that everything was ready for when the curtains came up. The play was supposed to be quite a shocking, violent avant-garde production with some kind of hybrid werewolf as the 'shock piece' and all the crew were fully expecting the show to be critically acclaimed as rave reviews from critics had already been leaked out. The last part I remember is trying to get the internet connection to work as we needed it as part of the performance (not sure why!), so I was fiddling around with that, and some cables and climbing up and down a ladder. At this point I was in my home in the upstairs hallway at the top of the stairs, which I obviously just recognised in the dream as part of the environment behind the stage.

Chin I never got as far as the show starting JEDIcrying
I took this to mean that my subconcious was preparing behind the scenes for my concious mind to take over as it knew I was ready to wake up and play out another day in this reality I call my life :P :P

and I am really a hybrid monster...no wait Chin...
October 23

Jumping over Linda Barker from Changing Rooms' and Splash!'s garden wall, seemingly on the run in a recurring dream.

My sister fighting against me because she was upset.

Being in an unfamiliar city, seemingly Amsterdam, and venturing through a building, to be instructed to fly to top left of ceiling, through the gap to get to a kickboxing class. Kids being taught in the room and the hole kept getting blocked up with dust/sand.

My sister waking me up in the dream by lynching me out of bed.

Playing war games on a dream screen with a Thunderbird flying through the air with fire coming from it's exhaust.

Being in a History lesson at school again and the most popular kid calling something 'gay' in derogatory.

Coming to terms with my seeming bisexuality and knowing if someone like Stephen Fry existed in my generation, that would be nice to have a relationship with.

Various lucid counterpoint exercises with images of IChiOne nights.

:zzz:
Muttley Wrote:

What is a hen cake?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

ArrowupNo

If I dream, I never remember. I'm pretty sure I do though.

I've had tetris / fighting game dreams before... the tetris ones are really weird. I'm running around on a tiny planet dodging giant falling tetriminos untill I get squashed.

I possibly play too many video games.
droid Wrote:
Muttley Wrote:

What is a hen cake?

Weird but somewhat compelling. Do the Funky Chicken!
Ian Patterson Wrote:ArrowupNo

droid is calling me a chicken in disguise you see, that's what droid does. Punk

Ian Patterson Wrote:If I dream, I never remember. I'm pretty sure I do though.

I've had tetris / fighting game dreams before... the tetris ones are really weird. I'm running around on a tiny planet dodging giant falling tetriminos untill I get squashed.

I possibly play too many video games.

Combinations about combinations!
Sleep is good for the mind. It resets the brain, and allows the unconscious mind to process some of the fears encountered in daily life.
Euphony Wrote:I always remember having a dream a few years ago where I was trying to communicate with an orange. Not vocally, but in the same way that an orange communicates with another orange. I can't recall what it was (as in I couldn't articulate it into words after I woke up), but it worked. What's going on there? Lol

Hahaha
Euphony Wrote:I always remember having a dream a few years ago where I was trying to communicate with an orange.

There's a song about it by Mouse on Mars. Translates to "The inner orange" (Die innere Orange). It's basically hiss, static and noise, but then there's this part in the middle of the song, where a guy speaks about his feverish dream involving an "inner orange". You might wanna check this out, mate Lol
Muttley Wrote:

Its your own fault for being knobbly on the outside and soft and sweet on the inside.
cycom Wrote:

There's a song about it by Mouse on Mars. Translates to "The inner orange" (Die innere Orange). It's basically hiss, static and noise, but then there's this part in the middle of the song, where a guy speaks about his feverish dream involving an "inner orange". You might wanna check this out, mate Lol

Hahaha

Maybe listening to that song will unlock the door to my destiny then. Or make me more obsessed with oranges so I end up being banned from Orchards for my innapropriate behaviour.
orchards molester creux Teef
cycom Wrote:orchards molester creux Teef

Yeah, give me some of that sweeeeet sweeeet candy Homerdrool
You guys should listen to Solar Fields - "Magic Eye". "It opened its eye, and looked at me and said: 'How about an orange?'"

droid Wrote:
Muttley Wrote:

Its your own fault for being knobbly on the outside and soft and sweet on the inside.

I love you too.
October 24

This morning I dreamt I was Super Mario mixed with being a fire lizard on a path that was avoiding falling into lava, mixed with some flickering imagery throughout the night.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Vote for Sabre - A Wandering Journal paulreset 4 4,282 14th April 2010, 13:41
Last Post: Roo Stercogburn
  Sabre - A Wandering Journal fonik 21 12,923 2nd April 2010, 21:24
Last Post: dionysus
  Dance Cult - Journal of Electronic Dance Music Culture future forces 1 3,707 28th January 2010, 09:01
Last Post: Euphony