The songs that soundtrack summer

42 Replies, 23571 Views

^^ Yes, Pavement quite summer-y music. Funny coincidence (if I remember correctly from my teenage years) Pavement used to release their records usually in summer as well (at least in the early 90s) , didn't they?
Music critic for the Tally Ho
Brilliant summer-y playlist from a family mate over at SCloud - Summer '15

https://soundcloud.com/frankie-buckingham

Elements of paleolithic, deep and funky house mixed with a tangentiality towards adult pop.
Smile

Is everyone enjoying the seemingly, global heat wave?    

Dang.. it is hot in my area this week fo sho.
Goldie - Angel / Kemistry
This track has been on repeat whole summer, for me. Hands up, feel good, hit of the summer.

um... summer in western Canada has been fraught once again with serious forest fires throughout British Columbia - clouding us all in a blanket of smoke lately wherever the wind moves the smoke eastward. It has been a bit much.   Thumbd

Aside from working this summer, I have actually done summer things like CAMPING!!   Which I never do, and have never done since.. the 90's really heh. But hey, I'm down. Hyper  I grew up camping, just wasn't obsessed with it back when, which is crazy considering locations I have lived in, like the Pacific NW. I just stayed in the city. Doh!  Camping is fun, I don't mind it again, my interest has been renewed a bit. Going this weekend once again, air quality supposed to clear up in time, and some rain in the mountain areas should clear some smoke up.  I still won't hike any remarkable far distance, and I do have this fear of a cougar, or mountain lion jumping on my back and rolling my head around like a cat toy.. and/or encountering a bear and shitting myself.    

Nature kills.

But i digress..

TUNES!    Dream pop blends kicking about much lately.      Driving through the mountains, dream pop moments.   Listening to Killing Joke & Revolting Cocks in the mountains at night is pretty awesome to!  I recommend it.  Yes

Hey...  

ditto for 2019, summer is basically in the area.  What gives?  Chin  Whatcha bumpin?   Cans

Been listening to LOTS of disco & classic vogue / ballroom house beats the past couple of weekends cuz it is often on the radio in the car.  Same thing for classic 80's Freestyle tunes, which I have a thread about.   LOOOOVE 80's freestyle, definitely summer jams fo sho.  Never goes unheralded in my world. 

I like some of Jay Som's stuff (Polyvinyl Records)   https://jaysom.bandcamp.com/    I assume they have some Lush, 4 AD, Cocteau records in her stash. I approve. 

Summery. Sure! 

Fauxpas

Summer. We're still alive right? RIGHT? Covid-19 summer.. we're in the midst of things.

Listen.

My grandmother past away a year ago, in late May 2019. In western Canada, we were already in a full month of forest fires throughout the mountains then - the smoke spreads over & carries into other nearing provinces when it happens. You smell it everywhere, even in buildings, it filtered through air systems @ my job then too. My grandmother's funeral last year was held in FULL forest fire smoke remnants from miles, & hours away from the mountains.. not cool.

This year? NO FOREST FIRES!! ..yet.. *fingers crossed* Maybe there's no trees to burn extensively in specific mountain areas? It has been raining LOTS this month, which is good. Slight risk of flooding in river areas - no trees to absorb things in mountain areas i'm sure. And yes, planning a mountain camping trip next week if it works out.

I've just posted about the new HUM record 3 times now on SC. It is entirely great.

I can't imagine Robert Smith lounging on the beach, but I want him to hear it.

I love this song.

https://humband.bandcamp.com/album/inlet
All day.

Coil - Love's Secret Domain (1991)

Disco Hospital 0:00
Teenage Lightning 1 2:18
Things Happen 4:07
The Snow 8:29
Dark River 15:10
Where Even the Darkness Is Something to See 21:40
Teenage Lightning 2 24:46
Windowpane 29:53
Further Back and Faster 36:07
Titan Arch 44:03
Chaostrophy 49:05
Lorca Not Orca 54:42
Love's Secret Domain 56:46
2021, in the middle of a crazy heat wave in my area. Just officially moved apartments in May, had to locate a place fast. chose a condo building with NO AIR CONDITIONING. Ugh. fawk me.

I'm dealing with it.

So far, NO forest fires, but i'm sure that'll change. 40+ celsius in British Columbia areas,.. mountain forest fires can fuck off for a bit more. I'm not looking forward to it if fires happen. Not cool. Heat waves, who needs clothes right?

Not listening to music much, asides from odds & ends I post here. I have a new coworker @ new job who listens to Orville Peck. We bonded a bit. Body Void, punky doom metal for days.

and yes. Fiddlehead so far for addicting 2021 summer tunes. Smile I like their groovy, Fugazi, Hot Water Music-esque moments for sure.

Fiddlehead tunes stick in my head, That's a good feat for music in general. Well done boys.

something more funky... Rainbow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncYbTH39s0k

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking for songs with good 303 usage pxy 5 509 5th March 2024, 09:19
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
  Songs of the 90s Statto 29 11,144 4th November 2018, 21:01
Last Post: +ToRMeNT+
Star Bandcamp article: Ten Albums That Provide the Perfect Summer Synthwave Soundtrack Spectraz 2 2,638 28th July 2018, 13:01
Last Post: Spectraz
  Songs of the 70s Statto 18 14,384 4th July 2018, 14:35
Last Post: Statto
  Songs of the 80s Statto 39 30,228 4th July 2018, 14:34
Last Post: Statto